Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Creeping Sleep OOC

Hmm let's see. If the travelers take time to find each other, it could take a while simply because there might be some talking. If they all met up at the source, then no one would need to wait.

1. So my vote is a time skip and where they meet at the destination.

#2 is definitely interesting, but I fear that if one of us gets horrible RNG, we'd be out for the rp wouldn't we? I think it would be interesting to allow us to experiment with the fatigue.

2. So my vote is no dice rolling, but characters can still be affected at their players choosing.

I myself am excited to experience it as we go, so I won't be nettling you for information :)
red-veins

1) i vote for a time skip- it seems like jumping to where all the characters meet up would cut down on multiple posts of just people travelling!

2) dice rolling for resistance seems like a bad idea- like Hedera said, things could get a little awkward if all of us had crappy rng and all fell asleep. i'm all for RNG for combat and other aspects, though!
I definitely agree with the above two- the time skip would be a great alternative to everyone just wandering haha

Also, I’ve never actually used the dice roll function for an RP in general, so forgive me if I slip up somewhere along the lines haha
Borealis Tonitrus (played anonymously)

I can say about the same as the others. Time skip works for me (though I'm not gonna have Borealis meet the others until they get there, and am going to assume that she gets there last, if only by a minute or two).

And, like strawberry, I've never actually used dice for rp on this site. I think that we could use dice for battling NPCs (or, y'know, non-NPCs...) but that it also would be a very bad idea if all of the good people suddenly slumped over in slumber. So maybe we can have them struggle with fatigue when they start to get closer, but allow the players themselves to decide whether their character (s) end up being majorly affected by the spell or not.
Going to also note that I, too, have never used the dice roll myself.
red-veins

I also haven't used the dice roll on this site in particular, but I am familiar with how it works in DnD! if it's anything like that, it shouldn't be too hard to get used to. c:
Forta-ver Topic Starter

sweet! Thanks for weighing in - I'll get my response up later tonight.

As far as dice use goes, @Borealis, combat's pretty much all I plan to use it for. @nine, it'll be kinda similar to DnD, except I'm keeping it flat rolls and pass/fail (though how each goes will still be up to the person writing). Only time that changes is if, for whatever reason, PCs are opposing eachother - then it's whoever gets the higher roll who succeeds. Though I suppose we'll have to play that by ear, huh... I'm always open for suggestions on how we want to handle those sorts of thing!

Dice use here's pretty nice, tho. Just remember to click the dropdown that tells it how many dice to roll - I can't tell you how many times I got too excited for a post, got ahead of myself, and misclicked that number so it didn't actually roll. ^^;
Borealis Tonitrus (played anonymously)

So it occurred to me that we might want to play this in chronological order instead of a strict "player 1 goes, player 2 goes," etc. Instead, the character who was closest to the meeting place would show up first, and then the second, and so on. Unless, of course, all characters somehow found their way to one another while they were trailing after the phoenix, but somehow that seems unlikely.
Borealis Tonitrus wrote:
So it occurred to me that we might want to play this in chronological order instead of a strict "player 1 goes, player 2 goes," etc. Instead, the character who was closest to the meeting place would show up first, and then the second, and so on. Unless, of course, all characters somehow found their way to one another while they were trailing after the phoenix, but somehow that seems unlikely.

How would we figure that out though? Dice roll highest first and the next etc?
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Hm, that is true... From my reading of it, Demeter and Hedera were probably closest, so first would probably be one of them, but after that, I don't know... Maybe nine and Hedera roll for first and second? Then the rest of us roll to follow?

What do you guys think?
Yeah, dice roll would probably be the best option
I am fine with rolling to see that outcome :)
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Okay. I'll leave my roll here for where in the order my plus-one fits after the second arrival.

Edit: so if no one gets higher, Raed comes in third.

rolled 1d20 and got 17
Arrival order for Raed

Posting my roll, I hope I did it right lmao.

rolled 1d20 and got 13
Arrival roll vs Demeter

Okay hopefully I do this properly

rolled 1d20 and got 13
Arrival Order for Cedric

red-veins

sorry for my lack of response, guys! my internet connection has been spotty at best and i've been sick af ;O; but here's my roll, hope it works. xD

rolled 1d20 and got 14
Arrival Order vs Hedera

So it looks like Demeter gets there first, then my Hedera.
red-veins

let me know if the order's all good, and then i'll write my post! c:
Ok so Demeter, Hedera, Raed then Cedric - Did I miss anyone here?
Forta-ver Topic Starter

@nine: Yep! You're good to go. Then Hedera can post, then depending on Borealis's roll is who's after from there.
Also @nine: I hope you're feeling better!

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Creeping Sleep OOC

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus