Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Creeping Sleep OOC

Borealis Tonitrus (played anonymously)

Heyo, you guys. Just wondering if you're all still on board for this RP. I was excited about it, and I still would be if we could get it rolling again. I understand we're waiting for Demeter, correct? I was wondering how long we are planning to wait... Which might sound a bit impatient, depending on your personal beliefs, but my patience starts to run out after about a month or so.

So, you're all still up for this, yeah? And can we instate a time limit to replies?
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Yes. I am still up to continue.

I hadn't considered a time-limit on replies, since I feel like it'll wind up coming back around to bite me in the rear. But I suppose it would be a good idea to have. How long of a limit do you suggest?

@furandfeatherscales, @nineforalostgod: What do you think is a good time limit?
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Having given this some thought, I think a week and a half is a reasonable amount to wait for a response. After that we should probably move the story into the next round of responses.

I don't want people to feel like they're being edged out, so I feel that we should still wait for that person in the next round. But maybe we could implement a 3 strikes rule? 3 times in a row, you don't respond, we assume you've lost interest and left the game? I'd rather not make that assumption, really, but I guess we gotta do what we gotta do.

Since it has been so long between responses, I'm gonna shoot a PM tomorrow to guage continued interest, and if there isn't enough, maybe open the LFRP post again and get some people in. Or we can throw in the towel on this one, possibly starting up a different RP.

Thoughts?
If it hasn’t gone too far from when I left, I’d love to jump in with Cedric again if that’s fine by y’all.
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Hey! Welcome back. We haven't gone far at all, so go right ahead!
red-veins

hey folks, just wanted to let you know that i will unfortunately have to drop from this RP! i don't have the time i thought i would to keep up with a group RP and i don't want to hold anyone up. sorry if that causes any problems~
Forta-ver Topic Starter

@nine: Aw, shoot. Thanks for letting us know! Hopefully we can RP again later.

@Hedera: That would put you next up to post, if we continue with current turn order and you're still interested in playing.
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Okay, I think I'm also gonna open the LFRP post back up and see if we can't get one more person, maybe two to keep our numbers up. If that's alright with everyone?
Sounds good dude B)
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Okay, I'm putting up current post order and dice rolled for any newcomers:

First was Kekoa (no dice rolled), then Hedera (originally third, now second); Raed got 17, Cedric got 13, and Borealis got 4.

For the new folk: you can come in at the end of post order or roll 1d20 to possibly slip in earlier.

For everyone: would you be alright with me posting in the IC, to give an idea of what sorts of items are up for grabs down in the sanctuary proper? Also, you can carry as few or as many as your character might want (within reason); so enchanted armor/clothes, and some kind of jewelry, and some kind of weapon(s) would be fine. Just try not to be like Link, carrying 4 kinds of special armor to swap between and 12 different magic tools/creative-use weapons. XD

Yeah, I was actually wondering about that. I'd appreciate it if you did so, that I won't have to come up with something on my own.
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Sorry about the length of that puppy. Just trying to give an idea of the space and some of the things in there.

You don't have to say in the IC forum what the items do if you don't want; sometimes half the fun of magic items is the characters not knowing what they do.

I'll list here what Raed's and Kekoa's items do, though, in the hopes that it helps generate ideas. I can also generate some lists to choose from, or we can brainstorm ideas here or via PM if that helps - just let me know!

Raed's items:
  • "Thieves' Plate," brigandine that (on top of being armor) boosts the wearer's stamina and has the ability to absorb spells used against the wearer, then release them at the wearer's discretion. Someone with magical talent would be able to store as many spells as they were able to keep track of, but Raed will only be able to store one. Additionally, starting out, that secondary ability will seem like a random chance to reflect spells in a pinch, since Raed won't know how to use it.
  • Ribbon; steels the wearer's courage, making them harder to intimidate, or frighten by magical means.
  • Stone/bone ring, which is so stubbornly plain it gives its wearer resistance to being enchanted.
  • Nameless knife, grants waterbreathing to its wielder, and at this stage a greater nimbleness, especially in the water. It also does extra damage to shapeless creatures and spirits. As she gets more in tune with this weapon (and if we make it to a certain location in plot), it might gain some other relevant abilites, so stay tuned!

Kekoa's items (when it comes back around to him):
  • Light armor, can change shape with its wearer, turns most blades, and prevents being silenced.
  • Courier's bag, sort of a limited bag of holding. He'll be using it to tote medical supplies, mostly.
  • "Willow Tears," a phial of a powerful liquid restorative. A single drop can cure some wild problems, such as being turned to stone (or some other material), being charmed, or being forced into a shape that isn't your own.
  • Shortsword, reinforced against damage and perpetually sharp

Happy hunting!

Oh! Also, don't feel like you need to do like I did with Raed's armor where it has extra limitations -- I just like making my characters work harder for no reason. ^^;
Is there room in this roleplay yet?
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Yes @Eve-of-fall! I've sent you a PM with a few questions to catch you up.

Heyo. So, Forta-ver, I believe I noticed some vague lore intertwined in your last post, yes? I was wondering if you had any particular plan for the rest of your fantasy world's geography and whatnot. If so, would you mind sharing it with us...?

Also, whose turn is it now?
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Ooh, crap. I forgot to share that, sorry. Been a bit scattered lately. Here we go: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1340Oc0uUq830qKMY48OKlhYkOHEiLrgJQKisgc-s1co/edit?usp=drivesdk

Cedric's turn next.

Now, typically, I'm a pretty patient gal, and I don't usually bother people about taking too long. Therefore, I nominate you, Forta-ver, to spam Strawberry's inbox with messages until you get a reply. (I really wanna get this thing started back up ;)).

Also, has the other person who was interested in this RP, Eve-of-fall, said anything more about it?
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Well, I won't be spamming inboxes, but I'll check if Strawberry's still down for this rp. In the meantime, if you want to make a post, go for it!

I'll probably have to tweak the plot a bit to work with fewer players, but that's probably as simple as gathering strong NPCs along the way.
Ah, my apologies! I didn’t even notice this got active again! I’ll be posting shortly haha

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Creeping Sleep OOC

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus