Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Creeping Sleep OOC

Borealis Tonitrus (played anonymously)

Sorry for disappearing, you all. Life sucks sometimes. Alright, so we're rolling dice... (Hope I did so right...)

4. Seriously. I'm last in that case, obviously.

rolled 1d20 and got 4

Ahh Sorry Bori :< I knew I forgot someone guh.

Soo Kekoa, Demeter, Hedera, Raed, Cecric and then Borealis.
Sorry for the late reply- had some stuff happen that needed to be tended to. Getting to writing a response now
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Alright, first off I want to thank you all for this RP - your characters are great and I love reading their thoughts on things. I haven't been this excited to write for months!

Second, I'll be sure to get a response up in the morning but I want to run something by you all before I do. I intend to introduce some factions I was trying to hint at in the first post/LFRP summary. I have two questions of you:
    Are you interested in gathering allies along the way?
    If yes, would anyone be interested in controlling the actions of these factions or would you rather that I do that? I'd send those interested a base description of the faction, but you'll have free reign over characterisation and the like.

They won't crop up for a bit, and it'd take some convincing to get some of them to lend aid, but figured I should ask and be sure that's where y'all want to go before I charge on ahead with the post after this.

Either way, in the morning I'll write Kekoa suggesting these allies and we'll go from there. Thanks again!

Edit: If any of my OOC chatter and talk of structure is stressful, please let me know and we can talk on what to do instead. Conversely, if you want more structure, let me know as well. Thank you!
I am very much enjoying this rp myself, and I am also quite loving everyone's responses. It's a real breath of fresh air where everyone in the rp has a similar length and style of posting. I have no gripes at all about any OOC chatter in here, it keeps the rp clean! :)

As for your questions:
  • Yes! The more the merrier!
  • I think for me at least, I would be uncomfortable if I did not play the allies to your standards. So for myself, I would rather you play them. However, I would be more than willing to play NPC's of said factions to follow your lead.
Forta-ver Topic Starter

OOOH! I don't know why, but I hadn't even considered that. I like that idea, of you guys playing NPCs in the factions. How would you all feel about said NPCs being/gaining minor leadership roles as they went? Like tending to a squad or possibly even tagging along with the main party to assist against the Big Bad?

I'd also like to thank you all for roleplaying this. It's a great idea (my thanks to whoever came up with it) and you're all great at playing it all out. I love the characters (very rounded, for the most part) and I can't help but feel like this is one of those things that's going to be awesome just because of the people in it.

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of playing one or two NPCs for your allied factions... soldiers, footman, whatever else you might want to throw in there. I wonder if we could also maybe add some NPCs for the opposing side, the "evil" one. That might be interesting.
I thought I had commented here again...completely forgot after all.

I definitely wouldn't mind that either, and I would be up to playing some bad guy NPCs if it came down to it. That way you're not doing everything Forta!
red-veins

im enjoying this a whole lot! even though my time for RP will be cut down a lot with my courses soon, i'll definitely make room for this one in my schedule. lots of lovely people with lovely characters! c:

i'm not against allies, so long as we're allowed to play some of them. i also wouldn't be against playing some bad guys, i'm pretty experienced with writing them. ;D
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Yes! Evil NPCs are absolutely good - feel free to make and play some! It'll help keep things diverse on the baddies' side, I think, which will up the stakes. I mean, what's a BigBad without a horde of his own?

So, general vote is:
- Yes to allies; you guys are willing to play some NPCs in their factions as well.
- Yes to Evil NPCs; you guys are willing to play them, too.

Okay! I will do my best not to get carried away when we get there, and to only reveal as much information as absolutely necessary. ^^; I am a terrible over-sharer sometimes.
Hey everyone; I apologize but I'm going to have to drop out of this RP. Refer to my profile if you're curious as to why; and otherwise, I'm sorry for the issues this poses.
strawberry_champion wrote:
Hey everyone; I apologize but I'm going to have to drop out of this RP. Refer to my profile if you're curious as to why; and otherwise, I'm sorry for the issues this poses.

Omg I am so sorry to hear that...please work on getting well :(

strawberry_champion wrote:

I send you my sympathy, strawberry. I'm terribly sorry to hear what's happened, and I'll keep you guys in my prayers. Hope you and your family regain your footing soon.
Forta-ver Topic Starter

@strawberry: No worries about the rp. You take all the time you need and there's always a spot for you if you want to come back to this later. *hugs* You take care, okay?
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Hey all, sorry for being MIA this last week. RL slammed me with some stuff that's kept me pretty busy, so I haven't had a chance to do much more than lurk.

How have you been? Are we up with continuing this RP? If yes, how would you all like to proceed? If it helps, we could timeskip to having reached one of the allied factions and just describe what happened in between.
Yes I am still around! I got pretty swamped too :(

As for the time skip, I don't mind that after we progress possibly a bit more? Unless you have an idea what to give each character to enhance them or whatever you had meant in the rp?
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Sweet! I had left the items/relics vague to let you guys decide what sort of thing fit your characters. I was thinking most of the stuff grants magical resistances or bonuses to the wielder's attributes and natural abilities. There would be weapons with elemental damages or that are especially damaging against specific monsters. And probably things that grant enchantments of other types.

We can brainstorm something else, though, if you guys would like. Here or via PM, depending on what you're most comfortable with.
I believe it is Demeters turn? unless I completely forgotten the order.
Forta-ver Topic Starter

Oh crap. I thought I'd responded already. :T

Yes, Demeter's turn is next. Though I absolutely understand if anyone would like to put this plot on hold or let it go entirely. If we do continue, my response time might be down to once every 8-9 days. Hopefully this is a short-term thing as opposed to a new norm. ^^;
School has started, so it's understandable of course. I don't mind waiting, considering how crazy my own life has gotten recently.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Creeping Sleep OOC

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus