Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Desert Magic (open)

Mystic (played by RpWarden)

((Omg thank you grey))
((I am gonna talk first person for this story))

I'd wake up in a desert. Typical situations for me but my wings were gone and I could not go to any realms. But I still breathe fire and turn into a dragon. I look around to see if I saw anything was here but all I saw was some people fighting in the distance. I was now walking for hours and I found a village that had a pool of water so I was like 'Score!' Until...I started to drink it and it was blood...this was an illusion! "Looks I found my lunch!" A person would say in a psychopath's voice. The person would be a bandit with blood everywhere and start running at me with a dagger. I would roll away and try to find something I could fight with. The Bandit would grab me by the neck and about to stab but... stopped then fell down he died of dehydration.

The sun was setting and I stayed in one of the village houses. This dessert was a fight for survival and if I did nothing I would be toast.

I'd wake up and be surrounded by bandits. "Give us your supplies and we'll leave you," One of them said. These bandits were part of that white hair guys group. I breathe fire at one of them to give them a warning. "Do you wanna mess with hot stuff?" I'd say to them with a smirk. They'd ignore that then grab me.

They'd walk for hours until they'd bring me to...White hair dude.
Grey 906 (played anonymously)

Grey was about to fling the three bodies away when he felt something tighten around his neck. The pain was instant and he let out a strangled sound as the rope tightened around his throat. He thrashed in the sand, trying to grab at the rope.

"Can't...breathe," he coughed, eyes wide. "Damn you...insolent one-eyed cyclops."

He released his telekinesis on the bandits.

----

Sampson abruptly fell to the ground, the impact sending shots of pain through his shoulder. He grabbed his knife, looked around, and saw the girl crawling away.

"No you don't," he growled. "You're not getting away from me."

He threw the knife.

I'd have 1 minute to do something-something before white-blond hair dude would do something.I'd turn into a dragon. Yes, I know stupid idea but still. I breathe fire everywhere trying to scare off some peeps. I grab a group of bandits and eat them so violently that the ones that were that were not in my hands vomit everywhere. I'd keep fighting and fighting. Then I'd be shot down by a thousand arrows. The bandits leave and continue fighting.I'd be unconscious.I'd be on the ground did not know what to do. I just waited until someone woke me up.
Silveris could see it now, the dehydration and wild desperation in the cloaked figures eyes as she continued towards him, never breaking her stride even as he lifted his flaming hands theateningly in her direction.

It was then that Silveris saw a dust cloud in the distance and as it neared, he could just make out the silhouette of the bandit leader on his horse, who was returning with a black haired prisoner.

Silveris was about to question his leader when the black haired and purple eyed man suddenly turned into a dragon and devoured several bandits in one bite before the other bandits fired arrows at it and finally brought it down.

The bandit leader emerged unscathed, ordered his men to capture the intruders, gave the unconscious black haired man a hard kick in his stomach, and approached Silveris with fury in his eyes.

Silveris gulped.
Rook (played by Juls)

"Insolent! Ha!" Cordell gave the rope a solid tug for good measure, tightening it further around Grey's neck. "Pretty sure it was you and your woman started something here." He walked closer, careful not to let any slack into the line. "Yo! Help with this stray dog!" he called to the 3 bandits Grey had just dropped to the ground as he drew close enough to start to heft Grey upwards by the rope. He was unwilling to underestimate this man again.

--

Something sharp and searing bit into the back of Rook's leg and she collapsed into the sand, mere yards away from the edge of the rock outcropping. There she lay still.

Grey felt himself being lifted upwards slightly and let out an involuntary hiss. He'd stopped coughing and was now gasping for air, his vision getting dizzy. Out of the corner of his eye, Grey saw one bandit's knife pierce Rook's leg and watched in horror as she lay still near the rock outcropping.

You can't be dead, he thought, panicked. Come on, Rook. Get up. Get up or I'll be forced to kill this cyclops of a bandit and then kill you too for giving me a hassle. Come on....

----

Sampson glanced at Cordell.

"You can handle that telekinetic mutt," he said. "The arrow girl is mine."

In the distance, Sampson caught a glimpse of a dragon and then his eyes widened when he spotted Silveris and the bandit leader. So the alpha was back. Sampson grumbled something under his breath. No doubt the bandit leader wanted all intruders captured alive. Killing the girl would have to wait. Sampson shifted his knife in his hands and advanced towards the still form of the girl lying in the sand.

I'd wake feeling like I was dying.I'd see white-blond hair dude in front of me. "You bi-" I was about to say but was too weak. Bandits would be surrounding me so I could not escape. I was my normal self. They'd pick me up and try to make me stand.
White-blond hair dude would look at me dead in the eyes. "Your bandits are a bunch of idiots and you are also." I'd say without being afraid.
The bandit leader's name was Marcelle.

When he noticed the dragon man was awake, Marcelle ordered a group of bandits to surround him, smirking a little in amusement when the dragon man called Silveris an idiot, which made Marcelle question what exactly happened at camp while he was gone, so he turned to Silveris.

"I want all of them caught, dead or alive. Keep an eye on this one, I don't want him setting anything else on fire. Bring me that thirsty cloaked girl, and the girl with the bow and arrows. As for the one with telekinesis, I'd like to deal with him personally."

Meanwhile, as soon as they were lowered onto the ground, the two bandits rushed to help Cordell suppress the man with telekinesis, and one bandit raised the same club he'd used to hit Rook and he brought it down on Grey's head while he was struggling with the rope around his neck.
Rook (played by Juls)

Almost as if she heard Grey's silent plea, Rook stirred and pushed herself to her elbows, then to her knees just as Sampson's shadow fell over her.

She looked up at him with malice. She did not know which of them actually struck the blow that killed her brother, but for the moment let herself believe it was this one and that thought helped push through the pain threatening to consume her. She'd lost the bow when struck with the club, the arrows would do her little good now.

But she did have his knife. Oh, this would hurt like hell... She screamed, both in pain and rage as her hand grasped the knife and pulled it from her calf, then plunged it toward Sampson's stomach.

Grey saw Rook lunge for the bandit and was about to cheer her on when the club struck the back of his head and everything went black.

----

"What the - " Sampson never finished his sentence. Before he knew it, the knife - his own knife - was in his stomach, and a blossoming red stain was quickly drenching the front of his shirt. Sampson looked up in disbelief and stared at the girl. There was a new kind of rage in her eyes and Sampson thought they looked familiar.

The girl from the village, he thought. Doesn't she have a brother? Sampson opened his mouth to say something but all that came out was a bloody cough. He wrapped a shivering hand around the girl's wrist, swallowing as he looked down at the gash in his stomach.

It wasn't supposed to end like this.

Marcelle would leave me and Silveris and a group of bandits alone. "You guys watch him or I'll cut all your heads off and eat them." Marcelle would say. He'd go off doing his business.

It'd be a while and I felt great so I was gonna kill them all but I had had handcuffs on me and a metal thing above my mouth that could only let me speak. "Am Mystic and I already know your name.." I'd say to Silveris.
The Creator (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((Wow, it's been a while and I didn't realize this chat has already gotten so far!))

The Creator wrote:
((Wow, it's been a while and I didn't realize this chat has already gotten so far!))
((I know right!))
Rook (played by Juls)

((All, I'm itching to respond, but am going to hold off until mr-mollusk gets a chance to reply! Lots of good action today!))
Jez Holmes (played by mr-mollusk)

(( Hey yeah sorry guys. I'm gonna do my best to get in here at least twice a day.
And hey, so, the odds don't look too great for the heroes as it stands. Do they make their escape? Do the bandits take prisoners? I suppose that'll be answered in due time... ))

Jez took advantage of the ensuing chaos; as Silveris turned his attention away, she bolted with everything she had towards where Sampson stood over the fallen Rook. The opening would be the perfect opportunity to knife him in the back and, if she had to, drag Rook to safety.

Or so she thought. As it would happen, she drew close with her long dagger raised over her head, only to see Sampson doubled over in pain, blood dripping from his lips, Rook literally red-handed underneath him. Well, blow me away, she thought. She came out on top.

Rook, though her injuries were unclear to Jez, had still obviously gone through the wringer. She would need help to get out. And the other combatant...the telekinetic.

A bandit with a club stood over his fallen form, triumphant. Whatever Rook needed, it would have to wait. She tried to signal to Rook that she would be right back (a signal that consisted of a few odd, half-dizzy gestures), and turned on her heel, streaking across the sand towards the motionless Grey and his opponent.
Rook (played by Juls)

"That's for Danny," Rook said she watched the blood spittle come from Sampson's lips, then pulled her hand away from him, taking some grim satisfaction in watching the bandit take his last breaths.

Another figure was rushing toward her and the ranger looked to the cloaked woman with the raised dagger. Was it meant for the bandit or for her? Rook steeled herself, knowing she was no match for an uninjured opponent, but then the woman changed course, back toward Grey and the ranger breathed a small sigh of relief. Maybe there was still hope she'd live through today.

--

Only when Grey slumped unconscious did Cordell finally loosen the lasso around his neck. "You got something to gag him with?" he asked the bandit who had clunked Grey over the head. "Maybe then he can't do his magic stuff," he added as he used his foot to roll Grey onto his stomach and started using the rope to bind the man's hands tightly behind his back.

"Shades! Here comes 'nother one!" he spat as Jez raced toward them. "Look out behind fellas."
Silveris couldn't believe he'd lost track of the cloaked figure and he spun around, spotting her running towards Cordell and the other bandits who had managed to take down Grey, which Silveris thought was quite impressive on Cordell's part but the cloaked girl could prove to be another nuisance.

Marcelle too had taken notice of the cloaked figure and the bandit leader sighed, cursing all the intruders for ruining his day, before he lifted his hands and set them ablaze, tilting his head at Silveris since two fire magicians were better than one in this fight.

Meanwhile, one bandit handed Cordell a long piece of cloth, but then Cordell gave a warning call and the bandits surged towards Jez like a swarm of killer bees with swords for stingers, several of them branching off to help Sampson take care of Rook.
Jez Holmes (played by mr-mollusk)

The ravenous horde is descending. Keep on your toes! Jez had no doubt they were coming at her from all sides; rather than let herself be surrounded, she ran for the few that had left Cordell's side to challenge her. Kicking at the ground to send sand in one's face, she swung her long dagger fiercely towards another one's shoulder. She hoped her opponent would take the bait and block her, so her short dagger could find a home between his ribs. Someone once told Jez it was exactly the kind of cheap trick it took to stay alive in the desert.
Rook (played by Juls)

Once satisfied the binding around Grey's hands was good and tight, Cordell gagged the telekinetic with the offered piece of cloth. It was a non-too-clean rag that smelled like it had been used to wash out armpits, but the bandit wasn't about to take the time to find a cleaner one. He considered for a moment what else might be done to keep Grey from casting his magic. But aside from just killing him, Cordell couldn't think of anything more to do.

He is still alive, right? Marcelle won't be too happy if he ain't. Cordell put one finger under Grey's nose and felt a small breath of air. Good. . Satisfied, he lifted Grey over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

--

Rook saw the bandits running across the sand toward her and she started making her way into the rock outcropping. The bleeding wounds on her shoulder and her calf were quickly sapping what was left of her strength, but there wasn't time to stop and properly tend to them here.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Desert Magic (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus