Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Desert Magic (open)

Kai (played by Wolfzone92)

(Seems cool! May I join in?)
Rook (played by Juls)

((It's open to anyone. Here's the 25 cent overview (though I'd still recommend reading at least the last few pages of the RP):

Bandits raid a village. A ranger (Rook) had a brother killed in that raid and seeks revenge. She and a telekinetic (Grey), whose motives are still unknown, attack the bandit camp. Others get drawn into the fight including two elves: the bard Mirima, who came to return the bandits' lost horses; and illusionist Ayelle, who simply appeared. The assault ultimately fails and all are taken prisoner, with varying degrees of injuries. Separately, Mystic, was captured by the bandit leader, Marcelle. Silveris is second in command of the bandits.

The bandits are taking their prisoners to the desert witch Jadis in hopes of selling them. They set up camp as sandstorm crops up.... the witch's doing. She sends her disciple, Vessa, to ensure the bandits bring her the captives. A struggle breaks out. Ayelle has died. Rook is down for the count.

Iavre keeps demanding candy and fun.

Another newcomer to the scene... Jazz, has shown up through the storm in a carriage and is demanding the prisoners.

In a separate scene, Jadis and the elves are making a deal for Mirima's return to the elven king. Jadis has taken Ondel hostage while the elves are going to the bandit camp.
))
((welcome kai))
Several things happened at once and soon Marcelle felt an intense pain both in his arm and between his legs as Iavre raced away, and for the first time that day, Marcelle's smile was replaced with a furious snarl as he turned on Grey, curling his fingers to fists and setting them on fire.

"Telekinetic rat. You've spoiled enough for one day. I guess the chains weren't enough. Or did I choose the wrong prisoner? Maybe I should kill the arrow girl instead. The one unconscious in the tent. I'd be doing her favor, she won't last long in Jadis's hands. I'm sure you would know."

Marcelle lunged forward; he grabbed Grey's chained arms; he set the chains on fire.

Silveris's fingers twitched slightly when Jazz's barrier came up around him but he didn't make his move, not yet, and simply glared at the newcomer, who hopped off the carriage, and Silveris put on a bored expression as the fire wall continued to flicker behind him.

"I wouldn't come any further if I were you. If you're looking for slaves, you can buy them. Just name a price. But if you think you can walk in a take them....I'll burn you to ashes and watch you blow away in this storm."

As soon as Mirima entered the tent, Myles was inside, having slipped in from the gap in the back of the tent, and stared uncertainly at the musician's angry face, only now realizing what he was getting himself into, but decided it was too late and took out Mirima's instrument and held it out to her without a word.
Mystic (played by RpWarden)

(Welcome kai happy to meet you)
So every thing turned back to normal. Sliveris and Marcelle was trying to make deal with this guy.Then a heard a song.It seemed like it was in my head but someone was playing.Bandits were still surrounding me but some left because they were bored out there minds.Now the bandits left me doing there business.I stood up and I look around.My collar was still on me.

Minutes passed and I just stood there the wind blowing in my face.I saw some big rocks nearby so I just sat on them.Watching this chaos or just normal stuff.
((Hey! Just wanted to give you all a heads-up that I'm going to be in the middle of nowhere this weekend - probably with limited cell reception. I'll post if I can though.))
Jazz van park (played by Kaizasuno)

Jazz laughs,"you've got me wrong here, I don't intend on them being my slaves, they're going to be comrades, and the way this is going to work is, I help them, and they help me.
Jazz walks by the barrier. "And the only reason your ok right now is because, your a fine specimen, but you can try to burn me." Jazz gestures towards the barrier,"but I don't know how far you'll get." Jazz walks towards the firewall, and brings down his great sword on the wall of fire, breaking any glass that formed and making a hole in the wall.
Jazz looks back at Silveris,"oh, and as you can see here, I'm not very prone to burning."
He walks in.
((Welcome kai))
((Cya next week if you can't post))
Grey 906 (played anonymously)

Grey felt the burn in his arms, which intensified with every second until the scorching became unbearable. At first, he refused to cry out. Instead, he winced and grit his teeth tightly, sinking to his knees on the sandy ground. Soon though, the pain was excruciating and Grey did the only thing that came in mind.
He screamed.

----

Sampson tried not to let the musicians words get to him, but he did watch through narrowed eyes as Mirima turned and slipped back into the tent. It was then that Sampson saw something - or rather someone - dart behind the prisoner's tent. The bandit frowned. He cast a look over his shoulder at the witchling.

"Only because I owed you," he said.

Sampson walked quietly around the prisoner's tent and approached the back flap.
((Welcome, Kai!))
Ondel jumps when he finally notices the witch's presence; she had approached so quietly. He bows in greeting and hardly dares to even look at her. "Thank you, m'lady, and an honor to be certain. Although, I must be honest in that I wish it might've been under different circumstances." He sneaks a little glance upward from his downturned eyes before continuing with another glance toward the statue. "I was just wondering what my fate would be should my company fail to hold up their end of the deal. I think I can bear to know it. I only wish to prepare myself for the possibility..."

Upon entering the tent, Mirima catches sight of her instrument in the young bandit's hands. She gently lays Ayelle's body on the ground and quietly asks him, "What are you doing? How did you get it?" She reaches for it gently and draws it to herself. It only takes a moment to retune the strings, and her fingers brush across them in a slow, quiet, mournful melody.

The elves make no rush in readying themselves for the march. Scouts are sent ahead to determine just what the bandits' camp and defenses are.
Kai (played by Wolfzone92)

Kai was relaxing in a corner. He felt like helping but didn't know how
Jadis (played by Juls)

Mirima Myallae wrote:
Ondel jumps when he finally notices the witch's presence; she had approached so quietly. He bows in greeting and hardly dares to even look at her. "Thank you, m'lady, and an honor to be certain. Although, I must be honest in that I wish it might've been under different circumstances." He sneaks a little glance upward from his downturned eyes before continuing with another glance toward the statue. "I was just wondering what my fate would be should my company fail to hold up their end of the deal. I think I can bear to know it. I only wish to prepare myself for the possibility..."

The witch follows his gaze to the statue. "So little faith in your company, ambassador?" she questioned, stepping closer to the statue and running one of her long boney fingers over its stone cheeks.
((hey Kai just wondering are you bandit or no?))
A bandit came up to Mystic; he pushes him off the rocks; he kicks him on the ground.

"Alright lazy heap of scales. No more dawdling. Get back to your tent."

Marcelle felt the flicker in the flames before he saw Jazz walk through the fire wall, barely scathed by the heat, and the bandit leader stepped slightly to one side so the new challenger could see Grey's screaming form, and Marcelle dusted his hands nonchalantly.

"Well, well, look who just walked in. I'm going to be a rich man today."

He snaps his fingers; the bandits form a circle.

Silveris swore under his breath, set his fists on fire, and promptly punched the barrier around him, narrowing his eyes as it cracked under his knuckles and he punched again until the barrier shattered, some of the pieces cutting into his knuckles and Silveris licked the blood off as he slipped back through the fire wall and stood behind Jazz, blocking him from escape.

Myles almost breathed out a sigh of relief as soon as the instrument was out of his hands and listened as Mirima thrummed a sad tune with her fingers, trying to come up with an answer to her two simple yet difficult questions as he fidgeted slightly.

"Marcelle gave me the instrument...for safe keeping...but I thought - I thought you should have it...because it's yours so...I came to give it back."
Mystic (played by RpWarden)

I was kicked off the rock and I was sent to my tent.

A few minutes would pass and I decided to turn into my part dragon form.(See on mystics profile to see what that is.)Still I could not use my powers but I felt much stronger.The collar knew my powers and so did this bandit army.But I somehow could make little sparks of fire in this form.
((my bad I accidentally typed Mystic instead of Myles cuz they both start with M-y so sorry about that, changed it))
Annebelle (played by Fantasygirl2)

Hey can I play?
Grey 906 (played anonymously)

((Sure Annabelle!))

Grey couldn't stop screaming. Everything was fire - fire, fire, fire. The chains seared through his skin and even started to melt into a molten mess over his arms, doubling the pain. Grey's eyes were shut tight and sweat trickled in rivulets down his cheeks. He barely noticed Marcelle moving to confront Jazz.

Until something clicked. It was so sudden, violent, that Grey's shoulders shuddered. His pastel purple hair began to pulse, the beating of a poisoned heart and Grey hissed a snake-like sound, his tongue flickering out briefly.

His eyes turned pale.

"YOU SAND-EATING SON OF A WITCH." His voice was hoarse. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU."

----

Sampson came around to the back of the tent and located the back flap immediately. As he approached, he heard voices inside, both familiar, one male and one female. He frowned when he realized who they belonged to. And then the bandit grew alarmed.

Sampson burst in through the tent and hurled a dagger straight for Myles.
((hey annabelle))
Several bandits turned at the sound of Grey's scream, including the bandits who had been watching Mystic, as they all stared with wide eyes at the telekinetic who somehow seemed like an entirely different person with his hair glowing eerily like that.

Marcelle backed away slowly, his brows furrowed in confusion, and Silveris took a step forward but Marcelle held up his hand for him to stay where he was because they still had a certain Jazz van Park to take care of, and Marcelle lighted his hands on fire.

"What the bloody sunshine are you?"

Myles heard the scream outside the tent and lifted his head, just in time to see the knife hurling towards his face, and the boy ducked and rolled out of the way, unsheathing his own little knife strapped to his belt, and his eyes widened when he realized it was Sampson.

He is busted.
Annebelle (played by Fantasygirl2)

Annebelle lay asleep in her tent when she heard the noises. She peaked out of her corner and a scream almost escaped her mouth. She gathered up her weapons and got ready to fight *
Mirima smiles her thanks at Myles' explanation. There's still a bit of good left in the kid then.

She continues her song until it is so rudely interrupted by the other bandit and his knife. In an instant she is on her feet with her instrument slung to her back. Her eyes burn with indignation as she calls to him, "Have you no honor? Where is your respect for the dead?"

Her eyes narrow, and an angry, malicious grin forms across her face as she begins to hum a little tune - his soul song. But her reaching for it is not so gentle as it was with the other prisoners. She practically stabs her way into his innermost being and yanks it out for all to hear. Then, right in the middle of the song, she flattens a note. The dissonance within him should cause a sharp pain in his previous abdominal injury. Her grin widens, and she does it again a few notes later.

Ondel pauses at the witch's question; he had hoped not to come across that way. Her handling of the statue sends a creepy shiver down his spine. "Um... well, no, I - I was just thinking of, of my wife and son, and, um, and I thought I may need to prepare for the worst?" His voice is less than confident in its explanation. "But, the ankle iron, m'lady... you must not be so trustful of your company either." He glances up with a grin and the tiniest sparkle of merriment in his eyes. "May I ask who he was?" he asks his head tilts toward the statue. He no longer tries to hide his face from her either.

Five elven scouts arrive close to the camp to find a wall of fire and thin glass surrounding it. The flames, blowing sand, and the warble of the glass make it difficult for them to see specifics without coming almost right up to the flames. Three of them ready their bows should any within the camp notice them and become hostile.
Jadis (played by Juls)

((Another round, another roll for Rook. :-O))

"One of my husbands," Jadis answered. "One of the more boring ones, really. He is more interesting now, I think."

She looked sideways at Ondel, as if checking to see if he believed her. "Shame you have a wife. I have never had an elf for a husband." She managed to look regretful for a few moments. "Another use then? Elf blood is useful in potions and brews..."

rolled 1d10 and got 10
1-3 Rook dies; 4-7 remains unconscious; 8-10 wakes up

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Desert Magic (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus