Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Desert Magic (open)

Rook (played by Juls)

((She lives!!))

Mirima's earlier song had stabilized Rook enough to let her body recover and now her eyes batted open in time to see Sampson throwing the dagger at the boy who had tended her wounds and who reminded her so much of Danny. Fear, not for herself, but for the boy sent a rush of adrenaline through her that helped push through the fog.

She pushed herself to her knees as Mirima hums. "Stay AWAY from HIM!" she yelled, rising shakily to her feet and placing herself between Myles and Sampson.
A steady hand gently takes Rook's shoulder in the hopes of calming her down. The song continues on with many random sour notes sprinkled throughout as Mirima quickly retrieves the bottle of ointment from the bag by her feet. The bottle is placed in Rook's hand with a gesture to take two drops by mouth.

By this point the off-tune song should be causing the bandit both physical and mental pain. The dissonance and unpleasantness of the melody could also cause a bit of discomfort to any sympathetic hearers.

Ondel swallows hard at the witch's answer. He ponders telling her that the wife and kid were just a lie but isn't entirely sure that either option is better than the other. For now he simply nods his head once and very slowly.
Annebelle (played by Fantasygirl2)

* annebelle hides *
Grey 906 (played anonymously)

“I’LL KILL YOU.”

Grey couldn't even recognize his own voice. The chains around his arms continued to sizzle and melt as he straightened, rose to his feet. His pale eyes stared at Marcelle without actually seeing him - they were in their blind state. But it was during this time that Grey’s power was amplified, and the telekinetic flexed his arms and pulled. The chains clattered to the sandy ground, broken lengths of molten metal.

“KILL. KILL YOU. I’LL KILL YOU!”

Somehow, he lifted one of his damaged and burnt arms. Somehow, a tent tore away from the nails that held it to the ground and flew into the air. Grey sweeped his hands forward and the tent hurled itself at Marcelle.

----

When Sampson saw the grin on Mirima’s face, he immediately reached for another dagger. But before he could throw it, he felt the sudden pain in his abdomen, where the dry bandages still were, a pain that slowly overtook his entire body. The arrow girl was now awake and stood between him and the little bandit traitor. Sampson took a step forward before feeling some force pulling at his chest, as if trying to rip his heart out.

“What did you do?” he whispered, one hand braced over his stomach as he stared at Mirima. “Who -” The pain intensified. “Who are you?”
Grey 906 (played anonymously)

((Quick question Annabelle! Are you bandit or intruder?))
Annebelle (played by Fantasygirl2)

Intruder
Mystic (played by RpWarden)

I'd hear a scream from a prisoner and I saw him.It was the loudest and craziest thing I have heard,he then burst out of his chains then said i'll kill you i'll kill you and headed for Marcelle,I tried to kill Marcelle once. Then the girl with arrows who was badly damaged a while ago was in-front of a bandit and that bandit was between of a bandit traitor and a prisoner.

I was in my part dragon form.I'd make tiny sparks of fire at the tent making it on fire.
Rook (played by Juls)

"Unless you have something better to offer me, ambassador..." Jadis cackled as she walked away from the shackled Ondel, fading away and leaving him again with only the statue for company.

Rook grasped the offered bottle in her hand, but did not take the medicine until Sampson stopped advancing. "Da... I mean... " she looked at the bandit boy, almost calling him Danny. Stop it, Danny's dead! "Are you okay?"
Vessa (played by Eve-of-fall)

She had made herself scarce the way a wounded mutt might. Licking wounds. A curse under her breath. A glare for the world. The tent towered behind her, a few crates acted backrest, heat pulsed from the ever immolating dome. Freeing herself from her huntress' garb by that one tear of a dagger's punch had yelped pain into the aether. Excruciation denied with gritted teeth she filled her lungs and calmed breathing then tucked her chin to peer down at the wound. It foamed with blood. Her fingers trembled for daubing; for dragging another sigil into the sand. All demonology comes at a price, but healing the steepest. Her scream rivaled the storm. The world toppled around her, dune embracing her collapse. Unconsciousness caught her. The djinni turmoiled no longer and the storm faltered in a succession of upheavals, a last few dashing attempts to slam through the wall. And then nothing save a deluge of sand, harmlessly plucking at strings like rain against a windowpane.

(( Hi. IRL caught me up. I should be around to continue the roleplay now though. I am sorry if I missed something. I thought it best to skip ahead slightly from where I last left off since of my long absence. ))
((it's okay vessa))
One moment the tent was flying through the air and Marcelle was prepared to dodge it, but the next the tent was suddenly set on fire and as the flying projectile flung itself past him, flames licked at the air and when the tent collided with another tent, both were set ablaze.

Marcelle turns to Grey; he growls angrily; he conjures a fireball; he throws it at Grey.

"You psychotic - go to hell."

Myles let his eyes flicker uncertainly away from Sampson to rest on Rook and stare at her, uncomprehending, because he had not thought that she would ask about his wellbeing, although the hair at the back of his neck still bristled at the thought of the knife that Sampson had thrown.

"I'm...I'm okay. I - thank you."
Her answer comes in the continuation of the song, if it could really be called such, "Right now, I am Vengeance. Surrender, or I shall continue."

A deep wrath at the injustice to the others and a sense of responsibility in Ayelle's death burn within her. Later and in a more stable frame of mind, Mirima will no doubt regret the pain she's caused this man. But not now. No, right now she almost enjoys it.

Ondel watches as the witch wanders away. His mouth opens and closes several times as if he's about to say something and then changes his mind. Before she's even fully disappeared, he begins to regret ever asking that initial question. Now he's simply left with his own unpleasant thoughts and the ever-staring statue whose eyes he can't quite seem to escape.

The scouts at the outskirts of the camp can make out that there is quite the turmoil taking place inside. Around the wall a bit to their right they notice a horse and carriage outside. Suddenly, the storm seems to die down some and, unless they can leave quickly enough, makes them more likely to be noticed.
Iavre Genren (played by Cookiesareyummie)

((Where is everybody?))
((school; might not be rping for a while now; sorry guys))
((Aw, that's too bad, Silver. But life happens. It's been fun! Take care of yourself (and your grades...)!))
Mystic (played by RpWarden)

((Hey guys it's me Mystic/RpWarden am leaving...like leaving this website. I have school and other personal issues so I really got leave. Am packing my bags and saying my goodbyes. I really love this website but I have so many problems in life that I got let this go.))

((Treat every day like your last.)) :)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Desert Magic (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus