Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Desert Magic (open)

Grey 906 (played anonymously)

Sampson was on his knees, coughing in a pool of his own blood, when he heard the shouts of bandits in the distance. He was losing blood fast and hardly noticed when one bandit branched off from the others and yelled something at him. The bandit slung Sampson's arm over his shoulder and slowly started carrying him back towards camp. Sampson glanced back over his shoulder at the girl, who was still making her way towards the rock outcropping.

"I will kill her," he murmured.
Mystic (played by RpWarden)

Everyone was distracted. I could make my move. There'd be a rock nearby then start to cut off handcuffs and the thing covering my mouth. One of the bandits saw me and punched me hard with brass knuckles.I'd kick him in the stomach. I ran and ran. Then I look all a saw was blurry and the bandit already alerting Marcelle. In no time they'd me catch. Either execution or captured again.
Marcelle was about to advance on the cloaked girl who surprisingly had a lot of knives hidden underneath her disguise, when one of his bandits alerted him that the dragon man had escaped and Marcelle promptly whacked the bandit over the side of his head.

"Don't just stand there! Get that man and bring him here or kill him if you have to! And take this collar. Catch him when he's in human form and put the collar around his neck. He won't be able to turn into a dragon after that."

Silveris on the other hand went straight for Jez, just as she stabbed one bandit in the ribs and Silveris' eyes blazed at the dirty trick as he came up behind Jez, hands blazing with fire, making a grab for her cloak with the intent on setting it and the rest of her on fire.
The bandits finally caught up to Rook and surrounded her, blocking her from the rocks, and one used a rope shaped like a lasso, a replica of the one Cordell had been using, to throw over Rook's head, while the other bandits pointed their blades at her from all sides.

I'd be sitting under a dead tree until. I saw them. Marcelle's bandits would come charging at me. "Charge!" some of them yelled. They'd be holding some clubs and knives.I'd run at them and about to breath fire but one them threw something at my neck prevented me from using my powers. "Hey, that collar actually worked." One of them cheered. A few would grab me and you know what happened. Marcelle would be at his camp. waiting..."I see you actually captured him." Marcelle said. Marcelle would leave and the bandits would put me in a tent and well you know what happened.
Rook (played by Juls)

The ranger's heart sank as the bandit's drew close, surrounding her. She knew another fight right now would likely result in her death and she reluctantly raised her weaponless, blood-covered hands in surrender and sank back to her knees. Rook cringed as the rope came about her neck, fighting down a panicky feeling that they were planning on simply hanging her right then and there. But the circle of swords surrounding her convinced her not to fight it. Instead she clenched her jaw and set her steely gaze upon the bandit directly in front of her, determined not to show fear.

The first thing Grey noticed when he finally came too was the smell of the gag over his mouth. His hands were tied behind his back and he was being carried somewhere. Grey lifted his head a little and was instantly met with a throbbing headache. That club over the head really did hurt.

----

Sampson sat down under one of the tents, wincing as someone wrapped bandages around his crimson-stained stomach. He desert heat wasn't helping to improve his mood. He just hoped the girl had been caught; otherwise all the trouble would've been for nothing.
Jez Holmes (played by mr-mollusk)

Her feint successful, Jez didn't stand around to wait for more enemies to come to her. She shoved the bandit off her dagger and tore across the sands once more.

She was almost too late to notice the spike in heat coming from behind, the smell of burning fabric that warned her of her smoldering cape. Digging her heels into the sand to break her inertia, she pivoted to face Silveris with both daggers pointed at him. He had swiped for her a moment too early and failed to seize hold, but the flames had leaped from his hands to the edge of her cloak as it trailed behind her. She reached up with her bloodied hand, tugging the fastening by her neck free as she kept her long knife pointed ahead of her. "You bandits don't take a hint, do you?" she asked. "Not how I die. Not here. Not now."

The bound man, he might know strong magic. Jez recalled the floating bandits from before, a sight that dazzled and confused her. It all stopped when the bandits took him down. However this goes down, he might be the only way out of here alive.
Rook (played by Juls)

"Awake there sunshine?" Cordell felt Grey stir and re-hefted him up onto his shoulder as the bound prisoner started to slide slightly. "Don't go squirming, else I might drop ya," he said as he carried Grey back toward the oasis.

"Looks like they got your b****," he commented . "And soon maybe your other one too. She looks feisty," he said, hinting at things beyond the scope of the immediate battle.

Once back in their make-shift camp he lowered Grey to the ground, then proceeded to rifle through any pockets or pouches looking for weapons, valuables, or other things of interest...
After dealing with the dragon man, Marcelle raised his fist and set his knuckles on fire, signaling to the bandits surrounding Rook in the distance to bring the girl to him, and from the corner of his eye he saw one bandit wrapping bandages around Sampson's bloody form.

"That girl should've been no match for you. Yet she still managed to wound you this badly. Tell me, Sampson, which one of you is more useful, you or her? Who should I keep, who should I kill?"

Meanwhile Silveris sent a blazing blast of fire at Jez from both of his palms, hoping to burn her enough to make it easy to capture her, yelling at the other bandits to surround her like they had done to Rook, with several of them waving ropes tied into lassos above their heads.

(Am just gonna type this because this because I can't delete my messages)
Jez Holmes (played by mr-mollusk)

Jez sidestepped the blast, but she was hardly quick enough; the flame's edge brushed past her right hand, scalding her just enough to make her drop her long dagger. A noise escaped her mouth (though it landed somewhere between a cry of pain and an enraged growl, it was meant to be an expletive regarding Silveris's mother), and in a graceful motion she flung her smoking cloak at his face and turned away once more.

She was coming up on a tight-knit line of bandits, each prepared to ensnare her. Catch this, cowboy, she thought to herself, sending her second dagger spinning towards one of the bandits making up the perimeter.
The Creator (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((Hello Mystic! Just to let you know, there are no gladiator fights in the desert!))

Grey glared at the bandit. A hundred different insults played through his mind but the gag effectively blocked him from shooting any at the eyepatch man. He shifted his hands and the rope bit into his wrists. He winced. No hands meant no telekinesis. Maybe he could try channeling it through his feet? He'd never tried it before.

Grey angled his foot in the bandit's direction.

----

Sampson grit his teeth at Marcelle's words. He knew perfectly well the bandit leader could set him on fire at this very moment.

"I will kill her," he vowed, glaring at the sand. "She will pay for this. All of this."

Sampson lifted his chin to look up at Marcelle, trying to keep the pain out of his eyes. "I'll make her death slow, if it's the last thing I do."
Rook (played by Juls)

((NightKaizer, I'm taking some liberties with the bandits' actions here. Let me know if you want them to do something else with Rook and I'll edit.))

The bandit before her sheathed his sword and smirked as he approached her with his rope as the others kept their blades leveled at her. "Not so tough now, huh, girl?" Rook recoiled backwards slightly, not so much from fear as from the stench of the man's breath. She did not answer, but lowered her hands and held them together before her, knowing a prisoner with hands bound in front had a good deal more freedom than one with hands bound behind.

And so he wrapped the rope around her wrists, pulling it tight so that already she could feel the blood flow to her fingers had been restricted. He jerked on the end of the rope then to drag her back to her feet and she struggled awkwardly to get up, gasping with pain as she put weight on her injured, bleeding leg only to fall down again within a few steps. Uncaring, the crew simply dragged her by the rope back across the sand toward the oasis.

----

((What would Cordell find searching Grey? ))

Not noticing anything suspicious about Grey angling his foot, Cordell smirked at the glare from the man. Pleased at the reaction, he pushed it further as he went through Grey's things, "Don'tcha think her head'll look pretty decorating our camp?"

((Fixed it!))
((It's alright))

Silveris's face twisted into a snarl. "Don't you dare insult my mother!" He batted her flaming coat away and, as she was throwing her dagger at one of the bandits, he lunged at her from behind, grabbing her arms with his blazing hands, although he couldn't save the bandit, and the dagger pierced through the bandit's stomach.

Marcelle looked down at Sampson through narrowed eyes and walked away without a word because the bandits had finally caught the girl and if Sampson wanted to prove himself, now was the perfect chance, although in his state Marcelle doubted he could go very far.

Meanwhile, the bandits dragged Rook to a different tent, some distance away from Grey's, in case the two decided to plan some sort of escape together, and tied Rook down to a post, making sure to remove all the knives and sharp objects from the tent so she couldn't cut herself loose. Marcelle stepped inside.

"Well done. So you're the girl that was causing all the trouble in my absence. You and the telekinetic. Do I recognize you? From the village maybe? How pitiful. I thought we burned your entire family to ashes."
((Can you still use another player?))
Rook (played by Juls)

((Mirima, I believe it's meant to be a "jump-in" style RP, so sure! The way this is going... we might need her to avenge 1 or 2 of us. ;) ))

Rook rested her head back against the post she'd been bound to and closed her eyes, fighting a wave of nausea from the combination of head trauma, exertion, and blood-loss. Both wounds were still bleeding and irritated by gritty sand and she shifted slightly, trying to find a less uncomfortable position with no luck. The wound on her calf was slowly staining the sand red beneath her, sapping more of her strength by the second.

Her eyes opened again when someone came near her, but she had trouble focusing on what he was saying. "...thought we burned your entire family to ashes..."

"You ... missed one," she managed in strained voice.

((Just a long knife. Grey doesn’t carry much))

((Sure, Mirima))

Grey hissed at Cordell.

“I’ll decorate this camp with your guts, bandit trash,” he snapped.

As soon as he said it, Grey channeled his telekinesis energy from his hands to his feet and aimed it straight for the long knife he had been carrying. It rose in the air and angled itself at Cordell’s face.

——

Sampson stared after Marcelle as the bandit leader walked away. He was in no condition to fight just yet. Sampson leaned his head back and closed his eyes. Everything hurt. He knew the girl had been captured and was in one of the tents.

“I’ll kill you...later.”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Desert Magic (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus