Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Desert Magic (open)

Mystic (played by RpWarden)

((Yes more people!))
I open my eyes seeing a bandit bandaging my wounds. I'd look my shoulder which was fully bandaged and with my wounds. I'd get up I was in the same place I was shot. I'd say to the bandit "Thanks." I'd look around seeing every prisoner gone expect me. I'd see Marcelle and Silveris both have fury in their eyes.
Silveris and Marcelle both instinctively covered their faces from the blinding white light that suddenly fell upon the camp and when they opened their eyes, Grey was running off with Rook and there were twenty versions of the same white-haired elf running around the camp.

Silveris immediately started throwing fireballs at anything with white hair, cursing this day for being such a pain in the a** and yelling at any nearby bandit to capture anyone who wasn't one of their own while Marcelle looked around and his gaze landed on Mystic.

Surprisingly, he smiled. "So much spunk." In one quick motion, he lifted Mystic up by the throat.

Meanwhile, the two bandit riders, seeing as a blinding white light had just attacked their camp and frantic and panicked shouts echoed into their ears from the oasis, they immediately spurred their horses into a gallop, forgetting about Mirima and the other horses as they rushed to help the other bandits.
For a minute, Mirima considers turning the horses and heading away from the camp. But the thought that setting herself as a mark for a band of hoodlums eats away at the back of her mind. Besides, if she can help and injured it could mean protection by the bandits while in their general area. So, she casually urges the stallion, and the rest of the herd, toward the chaos in the camp.

She soon notices a pair of people rushing away from the center of the camp. One is being carried and is obviously hurt, so she turns the horses in that direction and urges them on a bit faster.
Rook (played by Juls)

Cordell chased down the first white haired elf that ran past him, lunging himself at her in order to grapple her to the ground, only to go right through her. It was almost as if she were a ghost. Frustrated, he got up and swung at another one, fist passing right through. "Grrrrrr! Where are you, witch!?"

There... was that one moving just a little more cautiously than the rest? More careful to avoid running at bandits? He ran in her direction, hoping he had picked right and tried to grab her by the waist...

--

As Grey ran with her in his arms, Rook's eyes cracked open and she grimaced in pain, but clasped one fist around a hand full of his shirt fabric.

Marcelle would pick me up by the throat and it'd hurt like hell, then out of nowhere white-haired elves out of nowhere. Could this day get any worse?
Ayelle (played by Ayelle_Detonier)

After fondling with her mind for about 10 seconds Ayelle came to the idea to probe nearby people for their feelings and memories of the past 30 minutes. Magic surged through here head as the band flashed before her eyes...

In the meantime her Illusions where being attacked left and right, but they would hold, she knew from experiencing that they would quickly drain any magician foolish enough to try and attack them with raw magic.

“Demn” she mumbled to herself when she realized what brutal events where happening here.

“No time to lose” she thought, these people need help and quick! But she could not do any harm with her magic… well, no physical harm. But messing with somebody’s brain… that’s something she could do! “Well so be it” se snarled to herself. Slowly but surely her plan formed in her head.

She reached out to 2 horses in Mirima her herd. Not to direct, but formulating a vision in its head to run towards Grey 906. Horses were much more easy to suggest then people…

She then summoned a vision of Silveris his dad, who she made sure was angry like hell on Silveris. The vision was only present in Silveris his head.

Then she tried to attempt to contact Grey 906. Ayelle needed him to safe Mystic. Ayelle herself was not physically possible to lift such a dead weight let alone fight off Marcelle… But she gained no contact to Grey 906 his head… “Weird” she thought.

Ayelle could not do anything more then run off towards the horses coming in to Grey 906 his position. Hoping she could make her escape and later on heal or help heal the wounded.

Then Cordell attempted to grab her, not physically, Ayelle made sure to it that she had blur wards all around here. But he was way to close for her comfort. In a rapid succession she made 5 more illusions around Cordell and ran for her life. Hoping the horses would take her heed advise.

I'd see in the distance A girl with a cloak riding a horse and leading a pack of them! It looked like she was heading toward us. I'd look the other way and see Silveris having a terrible illusion...in his head. It'd still hurt badly because Marcelle was still holding me by the throat. All I could make out was a cough and a few tiny roars of a dragon.

((OOC: Guess what, its weekend, lets RP the s**t out of this!))
Grey 906 (played anonymously)

Grey felt Rook moving in his arms and he glanced down at her hopefully.

"Hang in there, Rook," he whispered.

In the distance, he spotted a herd of horses with a rider leading them. He grimaced. Another bandit? Grey skidded to a halt and changed direction.

How frickin' big is this bandit camp? he cursed silently.

----

There were more elf girls running around. The bandits around Sampson were targeting anything with white hair. Sampson knew this was going no where but what choice did they have? An elf girl was running past him and he made a random grab for her arm.

Surprisingly, the arm was solid.

"Gotcha," he smirked.
The two horses taking off on their own surprises Mirima. She takes a moment to sense the herd and notices another line of magic (it's a separate melody line in her mind) directing them toward the two running away. Fear grips her stomach that someone may be using the horses to run down the two injured, but the horses never break into a full gallop. Still, it's likely the two could use an extra hand, but they suddenly change in direction. Well, you're not likely to make it far on foot now, are you?

She tries to feel for a connection to either of the people, but they're far enough away that the chaos of everything happening in the camp interferes for her attention. Oh, come on! Work with me a bit. She decides to drop her connection with the rest of the herd in order to focus more clearly; most of them will follow the stallion anyway. She digs in her heels and urges him on faster. "All right, stick with me buddy. You can't lose your head right now," she sings to the horse in his own heart's song.

Then she focuses all of her attention on the man carrying his companion away from the horses and camp. Within seconds and with being yards closer, she begins to get a feel for his innate song as well. She knows he won't be able to hear her, but the musical "ley lines" should carry her song. She gently begins humming along to his song's melody to gain his attention and, hopefully, trust. After getting a good feel for his melody line, she begins to weave her own into his to establish a stronger connection. She just hopes it doesn't freak him out too much. Once within earshot she yells for him to take a horse and slows hers down to avoiding trampling them.

((Mirima's abilities are based on the idea that she can sense as music the ley lines that tie the world together. Whether an individual has magical abilities or not, they have an affect on these lines. Certain notes and chords are based in courage, healing, or a myriad of other ideas and can be fitted together to rally others. But each individual has their own soul song based on their personality and emotions; the emotions can cause it to change slightly now and then. Inanimate objects are usually "silent" and unable to be affected by her abilities. She's a bard, but played in more of a druidic fashion - I hope that makes sense.))
Silveris was about to throw a fireball at an elf illusion when an image of his father appeared in his head, taking up his vision with his angry face, and Silveris stumbled backwards in surprise at the fact that he was seeing his dead father, shaking his head violently to clear the illusion.

"Somebody catch the real one! Hell, kill all of them, anything with white hair!"

Marcelle sneered at Mystic's struggling body in his hands as he lifted the dragon man by the throat, and the bandit leader transferred a little bit of fire into his fingers, just enough to burn Mystic slightly as he leaned in closer to the man's face, completely ignoring the chaos around them.

"No one escapes me. Not the telekinetic. Not the arrow girl. Not the illusionist. Not the musician. And not you."

Marcelle snapped his fingers; a wall of fire blazed to life around the camp, trapping everyone inside.

"No one. Escapes. Me."

The two bandit riders intercepted the horse herd, effectively cutting them off from the stallion, and one bandit drew out his bow, readied three arrows, aimed it at Mirima's stallion, and shot the horse through its neck, all three arrows piercing coat and muscle.
Mirima's heart sinks into her toes as she catches sight of the fire leaping up in front of the two running away. A quick glance around proves her fears of entrapment correct. Suddenly, her horse falters. She looks down to see the arrow shafts sticking from its neck, and a sense of overwhelming helplessness overtakes her. A thousand thoughts rush through her mind in the following seconds, and before the horse's knees hit the ground Mirima is gritting her teeth in anger and determination.

She manages to save her instrument in her fall, but the horse rolls over onto her right leg, trapping her from the knee down. She braces her left foot against his back and pulls with all her might, but she is stuck. Fate, what are you doing? Is this really how it ends? Yeag,well, whatever you say, but I'm not going without a fight.

Before the riders reach her, she identifies the bandit leader's connection with the fire. The first few strums on her mandore cause the flames to leap higher, but then she begins to pull the song apart and to mix in effects of rivers and cool rains. His grip on the fire should begin to immediately decrease, while the fire dies down and even begins to gap in places. Even if she can't get out, at least a few of them should....
Grey 906 (played anonymously)

Grey felt something inside him, some sort of song. It was urging him to grab a horse but when he looked around, all the horses were being rounded up by the bandits. And there was fire. Everywhere, completely surrounding the camp and trapping them inside.

No, no, no. He spun around, panicked, trying to find a gap. There. He spotted one, just a sliver. It looked very small, too small for him to charge through without getting burned.

But I have to. He grit his teeth and shifted Rook's body in his hands.
Rook (played by Juls)

Cordell cursed as his fellow bandit shot the stallion. "You **** fool!" He raged, striding toward the man, not even bothering to glance at the woman trapped beneath the animal. "Do you know what that horse was worth?! Do you have ANY idea!? I risked MY neck to steal him from that caravan. He was worth more than a hundred slaves!" Which was probably an exaggeration. The stallion was probably only worth the value of 5 slaves. Maybe 10 at the most.

Marcelle would snap his fingers creating a fire forcefield around the camp. Well, I was gonna be stuck for a while. He did this no could get out and no one gets in. Marcelle was so furious that looked like he actually had a fire in his eyes.

It'd be like 10 minutes and no could get in no could get out. Marcelle was still holding me and that was nothing too exciting. Until I saw some people got trapped here like me. Crap were all in the same boat.
((Just curious since it was not implicitly stated: Sampson has retrieved a knife and is heading towards Mirima, that means he has let go of Ayelle, correct?))
Marcelle heard a song in his head, tampering with his fire, and he frowned and shoved Mystic towards two bandits who immediately held down the dragon man while their leader pinpointed the location of the music and spotted the girl trapped under the dead stallion.

"Play with fire? You get burned."

In a flash, Marcelle grabbed Mirima by her hair and pulled her straight out from underneath the stallion.

Silveris opened and closed his eyes, trying to block the image of his father in time to see one of the bandits shoot and kill his prized stallion - his stallion - and nodded with approval as Cordell went to confront the bandit and Silveris made a note to burn the bandit to ashes later.

Silveris lifted his hands and the gaps in the fire wall repaired as he strengthened his leader's magic with his own.

One by one, the bandits chased down each illusion, trying to find the real one in the mass of running elves as they lunged and punched and slashed at all of them until one bandit, Myles, stalked up on one of the elves near Sampson and jumped on her.

She was solid.
Mirima's eyes lock with the bandit leader from across the camp. It's obvious she's been had. She plays all the more furiously to extinguish some of the fire in the hopes that at least the man and injured girl get out. She feels another force fanning the flames on, but there's nothing more she can do as the captain towers over her.

A chuckle - a nervous one to be honest - escapes her lips as he nears, and she comments, "Would you believe that I actually came here to return those horses and try to work out a deal? Crazy, I know." She fully expects a blow to the face, but he reaches down and roughly grabs a handful of her hair. Her hands instinctively wrap around his wrist and she groans in discomfort as he drags her out from under the horse. "I, uh, don't suppose that's an option any more now, is it?"

Marcelle dropped me but two bandits grabbed me. They just captured a white-haired elf and a girl with a cloak on which I couldn't make her face. I'd say to them with bravery "You got to fight not just be cowards."

((ooc, i'm still here, looking for an opertunety ;) dw))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Desert Magic (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus