Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Vikings? (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

So there is this new show on the history channel. I absolutely love it. Like all things I absolutely love I want to immerse myself in this world. I highly suggest you watch this show.

Here is the link. The first two episodes are at the bottom of the page and are completely free and legal since it is located on the History channel.

http://www.history.com/shows/vikings

If you are interested in starting a Vikings based RP let me know!

we could follow along with the show slightly or come up with our own plot. Though original characters only! Also I only want to RP with human characters. Hope this sounds fun!
I'm interested :) I've got a Norse heritage and the show is pretty cool aside. I'd love to :D
Nasthri (played by Freyya)

My character Nasthri pretty much roams the world in search of meaning.. So she could end up amongst vikings somehow. Might make for a nice contrast? I don't have any other viking characters, but if you thihnk I've got another character that could fit, it might work ^^
I love me some viking. I've been trying to follow that series, myself, and it leaves me as giddy as a blood-hungry hellspawn! I'll need to make a character before I can join in, but consider me very interested!

As long as we're not including anything humans cannot do.
Mellute Topic Starter

Okay glad to see that some people are interested! Sorry it took my awhile to get back to you all. Anyway, are you guys interested in a group RP? (I find those are very fun but hard to keep up with sometimes.) Or maybe one on one RPs that are all connected? I'm not truly sure how is best to go about this :D Ideas?
Find out what you want to do, first. I've had experience running a bunch of connected 1-on-1s, so if that seems to be easier, let me know and I'll be happy to walk you through the process.

If a group is what you want, then go for a group.
Ilmarinen Moderator

I am a big fan of Norse mythology and culture. I had been simultaneously dreading and looking forward to the show for months! X) (So far I like it, excepting a few painful errors :() I currently do a variety of "Norse-flavored" RPs on Furcadia, ranging from very historical to very fantastical, and I'd be interested in getting on this train! :) I would likely make a new character for this to best fit whatever plot we end up doing.

How historically accurate do you guys want to be? I am more interested in historically accurate stuff as opposed to fantasy for this sort of thing, and I don't mind sitting this one out if you guys want to go the more fantastic route. :) I don't want my nitpicking to bring folks down!
Heimdall wrote:
I am a big fan of Norse mythology and culture. I had been simultaneously dreading and looking forward to the show for months! X) (So far I like it, excepting a few painful errors :() I currently do a variety of "Norse-flavored" RPs on Furcadia, ranging from very historical to very fantastical, and I'd be interested in getting on this train! :) I would likely make a new character for this to best fit whatever plot we end up doing.
I might have to look you up on Furcadia then. I'd love to find some good old-fashioned Norse-flavored bloodshed on there. I used to have a wolf-furre Jarl and a group of fellow vikings who fought alongside him. They were Rus. Toss me a whisper sometime, I'm usually online as Khelagar Terev -- but I'll make a new, more appropriate one for proper viking.
Quote:
How historically accurate do you guys want to be? I am more interested in historically accurate stuff as opposed to fantasy for this sort of thing, and I don't mind sitting this one out if you guys want to go the more fantastic route. :) I don't want my nitpicking to bring folks down!
My vote's cast for the historically accurate and realistic.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Strakh wrote:
Heimdall wrote:
I might have to look you up on Furcadia then. I'd love to find some good old-fashioned Norse-flavored bloodshed on there. I used to have a wolf-furre Jarl and a group of fellow vikings who fought alongside him. They were Rus. Toss me a whisper sometime, I'm usually online as Khelagar Terev -- but I'll make a new, more appropriate one for proper viking.

The main Norsey one is definitely not super historically accurate (there's magic, etc.) but you might find it fun nonetheless. My activity levels have fallen in that one, but I want to rectify that, and there are bunch of other Norse chars that play in the group. I'll PM you about it. :)
Muunokhoi (played anonymously)

This sounds excellent ! I would love to throw my character Muunokhoi into any norse/viking roleplay.

At the moment there is a group called the Ulfrikssons. A Danish family and a few others that are very historically accurate / non magic. Currently based around The Golden Tether. We would love to pick up a bunch of new members, and expand our roleplay and join up with others :P
http://www.rprepository.com/g/viking/450
Ha, how did I miss this?!

My character Herja is a Shieldmaiden. Used to be a Valkyrie, but I wanted something a little more historically accurate, less mythological. So, she's a little lacking on the info, atm. I'm not too into giant group RPs (to be honest, I just suck with keeping up on them... out of sight out of mind kind of thing. If it's not in my inbox... starring me in the face, I'll forget. I can't help it, I need wrangling!)

I'm Danish/Norwegian myself. I'm 6'1" irl, I'm constantly told that Vikings are in my blood XD My great great (great?) grandmother on my dad's side brought over our family tree when they came across from Denmark, down through Canada. After some research, we discovered that a branch of our ancestors were located near Aggersund. It's possible they lived near or even in the Aggersborg Fortress. My family is a generational military family, my great grandfather told me that they have been serving military style since before their was a legit military lol.

So yeah, Vikings, they're kinda my thing. If you want a private RP when I get Herja all square, go ahead and PM me.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Vikings? (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus