Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Derelict colony

Mirros (played by Stiltski) Topic Starter

He looks up from the floor, his tone seems to have less pep then it did before "Forced to by order of state, it was either serve for a unlisted amount of time or have my citizenship revoked and thus become cleared for non-contract bound scientific study of which I would of been forced to 'attend' not only that but I didn't really have much of a choice to just run or move to a different colony due to my financial situation at the time, and with the payment guarantee listed on the document I was actually more excited to accept it then worried by what was said. Although nowadays the money is near worthless as I am not allowed to leave the perimeter of this place, that and i'm pretty sure my citizenship doesn't mean anything to them, occasionally i'm called up for doctor visits which lead to me waking up in the barracks and seeing that a full two days have past, as well as my past team mates always seeming to nudge me towards danger, yet I can't complain about it, all of that was listed in bold on my contract when I signed up in the first place."

He sighs to himself "Hopefully, whether I either get KIA or they finally end my contract and let me leave sooner or later. While my insomnia has thankfully put them on hold, I get nightmares of my employers at night, from the hidden cameras on the walls appearing as eyes to every loss of life I have seen in only the 5 months I have been active here playing again, again, and again through my head until I snap awake. But alas, I should probably stop talking, Section V Sub-section Z, Paragraph 3 'Never slow down your fellow team members through emotional or mental stress, if necessary report to clinical services for emotional suppressants and anti-depressants"

He seems to recover his more cheery tone"Anyways I have come to inform you all that tomorrow morning we are going on our first mission together as a group to the space station Solaris" Public info regarding Solaris is rather slim, the only things known about it by civilians is that it is the only station that no one has attempted to restore or demolish "We will be sent there to follow standard procedure of data collecting and possible termination if needed, civilian rescue, and finally unlike standard procedure would state, we are apparently required to go down to the lowest point of the station in order to re-obtain the report gathered by one of my past team mates who sadly passed away during our original exploration of the place, further details about these tasks will be given upon arrival through the communication device that will provided to me prior to us boarding the ship."
Kallisti (played by CypherDorran)

Kallisti thought about telling the truth for a moment but decided 'to piss off my parents' would seem awfully petty compared to wanting a so call fairy-tale life or serve or be vivisected so she went back to the oft repeated lie.
"I wanted to make something of myself... I'm the middle of seven children so its always a struggle to stand out." She paused deciding to inject a little honesty. "Also my family didn't approve my choice of compañera. How's about you Ember?"
She walked to her bunk kick her boots of and readied herself for bed.
Torri Nichols (played by Juls)

"So it should be a quick in and out, then?" Torri said after listening to Garner's explanation.

She hesitated, not wishing to bring up painful memories for Garner, but it would be helpful for their preparation to know some of the dangers they might be facing. "Garner, can I ask what happened to your teammate on that last mission?"
Ember Kamura (played by Ember_Wolf)

Ember would growl lightly "I'm here because I was used by Atlas,At the end of my contract I am to be experimented on and executed, So your faction promised protection, wealth, and being cleared of all that I had done" The wolf would stop wagging his tail "I would rather not go into much detail, it's very... Personal...." The wolf would continue to rub the piece of metal "I was drawn into all of this against my own will..."

Torri Nichols wrote:
"Garner, can I ask what happened to your teammate on that last mission?"

"Thankfully it at least 'looked' swift, but basically what occured was when we sent him down in the work tunnels while the rest of us continued looking around in the top area, one of my other team mates found a panel on the wall and in what he said was 'a moment of curiosity and stupidity' he pushed the button labeled 'contaminant cleanse', we all jumped when we heard the sounds of flames, it was after that moment that we saw the source, a jet of flames was spewing from the hatch my late team mate went down. We tried to contact him via walkie to see if he made it out...if any of the rest of them still stood to this day, I think we could all agree that we could never forget his screams, the only saving grace is that they only lasted about 20 seconds before he finally went silent, either that or his vocals died before him. Which is why I'm hoping one of you will be willing to obtain his report instead of me...I don't think I could stand to see any of what's left of him."

"El agujero del diablo, What was in his report that is important enough to send a second sweep?" Asked Kallisti "And why didn't his bubble deploy... sorry don't answer that."
She found herself feeling sorry for both Garner and Ember. It was not a safe job colony rarely fail for clean reasons and they had all lost people. She racked her brains for any other return visits she could recall hearing about. Drawing a blank she turned to the computer systems trying to find some context to this mission.

Kallisti wrote:
"El agujero del diablo Drawing a blank she turned to the computer systems trying to find some context to this mission.

So far every attempt of digging up important parts of the mission, the service that hired them, and deeper info regarding everyone's profiles have all been either blocked, redirected, or simply having their sources info redacted or censored, whats worse is every time she seems to get close to finding something important it's as if the blocks and censors stop her at the end line, the most notable being when she finds the mission details (Addressed originally to the manager) all that meets her is a blank page with the text "Syntax error" written across it, as if to mock her
Torri Nichols (played by Juls)

She almost missed it... the terrible story of the tragedy of that lost teammate dominating the narrative. And it took several seconds for her to really register another significant bit of information from his tale...
Quote:
...if any of the rest of them still stood to this day

"Wait... the rest of the team died too?" Torri's general optimism took a sudden downward turn. "On Solaris?"

Torri Nichols wrote:
Wait... the rest of the team died too?" Torri's general optimism took a sudden downward turn. "On Solaris?"

"Nah, not the rest on Solaris, the rest died due to the plague we caught after leaving Solaris, while my human teammates had some darkish substance cover their chests and throats, lung focused disease if I recall correctly, I got it less bad and only had blood flow issues, I was lucky enough to survive until the manager finally called a expert doctor, we had been only kept alive prior by the lackluster clinic staff, who managed to get me on my feet, I hope to meet the guy when/if I get out of here"

Ember would growl "So we're going to get killed too?" The wolf said angrily "You're trying to kill all of us, huh?" The wolf would walk back to his bed, "I can't wait to get this over with, I don't want to be there any longer than I have to" The wolf would stop robbing his necklace "So what's our objective..."

Garner seems rather miffed at the fact Ember both accused him of being the reason his last team died, as well as the fact he wasn't paying attention when he explained it earlier, however a quick glance at one of the hidden cameras in the wall prevents him from getting angrier

"We are going to Solaris for data retrieval and termination, rescue of any possible survivors of the initial fall of Solaris, and to collect last sent reports regarding the station to see if we can" he seems to go blank for a few seconds "figure out what went wrong"

"Termination? As in blackout?" The wolf was angry at the cameras,"How do I know you wont try and kill us? How do we know you're not lying somehow?" he was tempted to try and slaughter all of them, but he knew better than that, he wasn't THAT kind of person, was he? "Why do we need to terminate that data? instead of just taking it Will that be revealed? Did your "Team" Find out about something you wanted to keep secret?" The wolf was clearly intrested in what he meant, Ember speculated such data could be incriminating for them, something he could use to perhaps gain a greater amount of power "I seriously hope We get a satisfying answer" thought the wolf "How long will the mission last...."

Garner just stands there for a few moments blankly before letting out a sigh "I think this is where the line for tonight will be drawn, I hope each of you sleep well for tomorrow and wake up in good spirits for the mission, have a good night and if you need me I'll be wandering the hall" he walks out of the room calmly, although he does use a bit of force when closing the door behind him when he left.

Ember would pull the covers over most of himself, the wolf's ears would perk up, and blue lines would glow on his paws,he would gasp, quickly putting his paws under the sheets "Not now..." Thought the wolf, "Sleep tight...." Said the wolf, attempting to cover it up

((I am assuming we're skipping to morning))
Kallisti emerged from sleep reluctantly and with a groan she rolled out of bed. The floor was bitterly cold. Finding her feet she walked into the shower.

Staring into the mirror as the shower gained heat she wondered if she should extent the chin tattoo down beyond her navel. Checking the ports in her head were properly sealed she stepped into the shower. She stood under the scolding water until it had flayed the sleep away from her mind.

She walked over to her locker and pulled out her uniform and equipment before taking them to her bunk to get dressed.

Garner walks into the bunker room, carrying multiple folders "All right everyone I would advise waking up now if you want to eat breakfast." He then tosses each person a folder "These folders contain a fireproof, waterproof, and near indestructible copy of each of your will of testaments, if anything occurs while we are in space, or shortly after returning, the company/military, im still not sure, we are hired under has pulled a large grant to make any of your final wishes/requests a reality, this includes bill payments, family support, or other reasons. Please sign them and send them through the mail slot on the wall when you are done, hopefully they will not need to be used" He finishes handing out the folders, and as he has already been on a mission before, he is left to just watch the rest of him as his Will has already been finalized

Ember would get up, yawning, the wolf would grab the folder and would sign it, walking over to the mail slot and putting it in, the wolf would move over to do his morning routine, Ember would step into the shower, washing his fur with soap, it took slightly longer due to his fur, blood would rush down the wolfs fur, dried from earlier conflicts, he would pick at one of his bullet wounds "Better not make them worse..." thought the wolf, He would step out and brush his teeth (Or fangs) and all the other necessities, once done the wolf would go to put on his uniform and equipment before returning to the others, the wolf would then equipt his gear "So, will we know how long this mission will last? And why not keep our documents electronically?"

Ember Kamura wrote:
"So, will we know how long this mission will last? And why not keep our documents electronically?"

"At max a week, minimum two days, the ship that will deliver us will have accommodations, food, and water and to answer your other question, because physical copies will always be used over electronic for important documents such as these, the last thing you want is for someone to pass away and then lose their will of testament due to a electronic error or what not, the most they'll do is print emergency copies using the original." He says all this in a rather flat tone, his past time with Ember was not exactly pleasant, but he knew if he made it too obvious then he would be dragged to the clinic for 'behavior tests'

Ember would growl "I'm very suspicious of this." he would slowly pace around, obviously weary of Garner, his black fur bristling, "Hopefully it only lasts the minimum..." The wolf would facepalm, obviously wanting to leave "I just want to get this over with...." he would sigh "How hazardous will the mission be?"

Ember Kamura wrote:
"How hazardous will the mission be?"

"Assuming little has changed from the last time my team has set foot there, as long as nobody tampers with anything without making sure that it doesn't connect to anything that can even come close to harming anybody else, then we should be able to go in and out worry free, although unlike last time we will be provided with gas masks in case the air still has the stuff that gave us the plague hovering around in it, which we will of course check for with standard detection equipment upon our arrival"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Derelict colony

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus