Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Derelict colony

Torri Nichols (played by Juls)

Torri, usually the one to try to be the peacekeeper, reasoned to Ember, "They probably CAN'T tell us yet. Cause they don't know. And won't know until we go find out for them what we're dealing with." She gave him a half-smile, trying to win him over, "I hear ya though. Not knowing how long we're going to be away bothers me too."

She glanced over at Garner as he walked out of the room, nixing her earlier theory about him being some kind of android. The emotions seemed real enough and what sense would it make for an android to get insomnia?

"What's he not telling us?" She walked over to the incinerator chute, checking to see if perhaps the crumpled message might have gotten stuck near the top...
Kallisti (played by CypherDorran)

Kallisti gave a quick glance round and counted the cameras. She carefully inflitrated the security systems an carefully edited out Torri's actions. After sorting that out she sideled over to the medic.
"Any luck?" She asked "I might be able to yank something from short term memory."
Britt Harcrow (played anonymously)

Britt, though begrudgingly, acquiesced to Kallisti's advice to "not fight." The threat of being spayed in their sleep didn't bother them one bit - would have to have any interest in having a family for it to have bothered them - but having to spend even more time paying off their debt to the company... that just wasn't going to fly.

While the ladies attempted to figure out what the paper had said, Britt glanced at the slot in the wall it had come from. Brow raised, they wondered if it was a printer-slot, like one of those ancient FAX machines their neighbor back in Oerbon had. They slipped under the blanket of their bunk, pulled out their mobile device, and checked to see if it had caught onto any electronic signals sent toward that slot, specifically if there were any they could replicate or send again to produce similar results. If there was, they'd take the opportunity. It was the company's own fault, really. Non-disclosure was a terrible practice.
Mirros (played by Stiltski) Topic Starter

The incinerator chute has straight smooth walls downwards, it would be impossible for anything to get wedged, even if Garner hadn't crumpled the note up.

The mail chute doesn't seem to have any remote system to it rather it seems to have a compressed air delivery system attached to it, like this matters anyway however, as the moment Britt attempts to check for it the screen of her mobile device goes black before a white line of text appears over it reading: "Please refer to section T of your contract regarding personal electronic use madam Harcrow, we do not wish to have to let you go for something so measly and petty".
Britt Harcrow (played anonymously)

((Terribly sorry, I'm not so sure this roleplay is right for me. I'll not be returning, but I wish you all the grandest of adventures. Have fun, everyone!))

Britt Harcrow wrote:
((Terribly sorry, I'm not so sure this roleplay is right for me. I'll not be returning, but I wish you all the grandest of adventures. Have fun, everyone!))

((Fair enough, sorry you didn't feel as though you were enjoying the roleplay, and sorry if it was anything on my part that caused it, best of luck to you in the future.))

Kallisti wrote:
"Any luck?" She asked "I might be able to yank something from short term memory."

"Nah, nothing" Torri shook her head. "Really? You could do that?" These tech wizards always impressed her.

"Else when Garner comes back, we'll try to get it out of him. What makes him so special to be privy to info we don't get? Are we a team or not?" Even Torri was beginning to get a little peeved. As far as she understood the structure, Garner was at the same rank as the rest of them, not their commanding officer.
Ember Kamura (played by Ember_Wolf)

"I'd advise you not to do something you shouldn't" The wolf would wag his tail ,grabbing his necklace and rubbing it with his claw, the wolf would yawn, looking at the strange piece of metal, the words ATLAS were written on it

Garner, after a long portion of time passes prior to him originally leaving, eventually finally arrives back in the bunker room. He looks like he had just finished a rather long argument with someone, and looks as though he had conflicts of interest while doing so. He then walks to his locker where he pulls out a small book containing the entire contract and begins skimming through it and when he gets to what he seems to have been looking for he gets a defeated look on his face before putting the book back and laying against the locker, staring at the floor while holding his head with his hand.

Torri Nichols wrote:
Kallisti wrote:

"Nah, nothing" Torri shook her head. "Really? You could do that?" These tech wizards always impressed her.

"Else when Garner comes back, we'll try to get it out of him. What makes him so special to be privy to info we don't get? Are we a team or not?" Even Torri was beginning to get a little peeved. As far as she understood the structure, Garner was at the same rank as the rest of them, not their commanding officer.

"Maldicion!... maybe not pneumatics don't have a chash to dump. could try to dig into the restricted files but we'll be where ever they're going to send us."
She slumped against the wall with a sigh.
"Dios sea maldito, I'm starting to think Papa might have been right about this." Said Kallisti looking up at Tori. "So why did you sign up?"

"Mostly cause the pay is better than the army," Torri answered Kallisti, but also looked at the other team members to include them in the conversation. Maybe if she shared a bit, they'd open up too. "Zach...that's my husband... and I are trying to get together enough cash and credit to buy a terraformed place back on Kepler. Ya know... the stereotypical dream of a yard big enough for some kids and some dogs. He took a higher paying gig too, working security for a shipping company. So hopefully soon..." she smiled, then shrugged.

"How 'bout you?" she asked Kallisti, giving Garner a sideways glance as he returned.

He looks up from the floor, his tone seems to have less pep then it did before "Forced to by order of state, it was either serve for a unlisted amount of time or have my citizenship revoked and thus become cleared for non-contract bound scientific study of which I would of been forced to 'attend' not only that but I didn't really have much of a choice to just run or move to a different colony due to my financial situation at the time, and with the payment guarantee listed on the document I was actually more excited to accept it then worried by what was said. Although nowadays the money is near worthless as I am not allowed to leave the perimeter of this place, that and i'm pretty sure my citizenship doesn't mean anything to them, occasionally i'm called up for doctor visits which lead to me waking up in the barracks and seeing that a full two days have past, as well as my past team mates always seeming to nudge me towards danger, yet I can't complain about it, all of that was listed in bold on my contract when I signed up in the first place."

He sighs to himself "Hopefully, whether I either get KIA or they finally end my contract and let me leave sooner or later. While my insomnia has thankfully put them on hold, I get nightmares of my employers at night, from the hidden cameras on the walls appearing as eyes to every loss of life I have seen in only the 5 months I have been active here playing again, again, and again through my head until I snap awake. But alas, I should probably stop talking, Section V Sub-section Z, Paragraph 3 'Never slow down your fellow team members through emotional or mental stress, if necessary report to clinical services for emotional suppressants and anti-depressants"

He seems to recover his more cheery tone"Anyways I have come to inform you all that tomorrow morning we are going on our first mission together as a group to the space station Solaris" Public info regarding Solaris is rather slim, the only things known about it by civilians is that it is the only station that no one has attempted to restore or demolish "We will be sent there to follow standard procedure of data collecting and possible termination if needed, civilian rescue, and finally unlike standard procedure would state, we are apparently required to go down to the lowest point of the station in order to re-obtain the report gathered by one of my past team mates who sadly passed away during our original exploration of the place, further details about these tasks will be given upon arrival through the communication device that will provided to me prior to us boarding the ship."

Kallisti thought about telling the truth for a moment but decided 'to piss off my parents' would seem awfully petty compared to wanting a so call fairy-tale life or serve or be vivisected so she went back to the oft repeated lie.
"I wanted to make something of myself... I'm the middle of seven children so its always a struggle to stand out." She paused deciding to inject a little honesty. "Also my family didn't approve my choice of compañera. How's about you Ember?"
She walked to her bunk kick her boots of and readied herself for bed.

"So it should be a quick in and out, then?" Torri said after listening to Garner's explanation.

She hesitated, not wishing to bring up painful memories for Garner, but it would be helpful for their preparation to know some of the dangers they might be facing. "Garner, can I ask what happened to your teammate on that last mission?"
Ember Kamura (played by Ember_Wolf)

Ember would growl lightly "I'm here because I was used by Atlas,At the end of my contract I am to be experimented on and executed, So your faction promised protection, wealth, and being cleared of all that I had done" The wolf would stop wagging his tail "I would rather not go into much detail, it's very... Personal...." The wolf would continue to rub the piece of metal "I was drawn into all of this against my own will..."

Torri Nichols wrote:
"Garner, can I ask what happened to your teammate on that last mission?"

"Thankfully it at least 'looked' swift, but basically what occured was when we sent him down in the work tunnels while the rest of us continued looking around in the top area, one of my other team mates found a panel on the wall and in what he said was 'a moment of curiosity and stupidity' he pushed the button labeled 'contaminant cleanse', we all jumped when we heard the sounds of flames, it was after that moment that we saw the source, a jet of flames was spewing from the hatch my late team mate went down. We tried to contact him via walkie to see if he made it out...if any of the rest of them still stood to this day, I think we could all agree that we could never forget his screams, the only saving grace is that they only lasted about 20 seconds before he finally went silent, either that or his vocals died before him. Which is why I'm hoping one of you will be willing to obtain his report instead of me...I don't think I could stand to see any of what's left of him."

"El agujero del diablo, What was in his report that is important enough to send a second sweep?" Asked Kallisti "And why didn't his bubble deploy... sorry don't answer that."
She found herself feeling sorry for both Garner and Ember. It was not a safe job colony rarely fail for clean reasons and they had all lost people. She racked her brains for any other return visits she could recall hearing about. Drawing a blank she turned to the computer systems trying to find some context to this mission.

Kallisti wrote:
"El agujero del diablo Drawing a blank she turned to the computer systems trying to find some context to this mission.

So far every attempt of digging up important parts of the mission, the service that hired them, and deeper info regarding everyone's profiles have all been either blocked, redirected, or simply having their sources info redacted or censored, whats worse is every time she seems to get close to finding something important it's as if the blocks and censors stop her at the end line, the most notable being when she finds the mission details (Addressed originally to the manager) all that meets her is a blank page with the text "Syntax error" written across it, as if to mock her

She almost missed it... the terrible story of the tragedy of that lost teammate dominating the narrative. And it took several seconds for her to really register another significant bit of information from his tale...
Quote:
...if any of the rest of them still stood to this day

"Wait... the rest of the team died too?" Torri's general optimism took a sudden downward turn. "On Solaris?"

Torri Nichols wrote:
Wait... the rest of the team died too?" Torri's general optimism took a sudden downward turn. "On Solaris?"

"Nah, not the rest on Solaris, the rest died due to the plague we caught after leaving Solaris, while my human teammates had some darkish substance cover their chests and throats, lung focused disease if I recall correctly, I got it less bad and only had blood flow issues, I was lucky enough to survive until the manager finally called a expert doctor, we had been only kept alive prior by the lackluster clinic staff, who managed to get me on my feet, I hope to meet the guy when/if I get out of here"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Derelict colony

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus