Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Modern Fantasy (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Aedan O'Rainy (played anonymously)

Hello!

I've never really done a 'Looking for Rp' on here before. But, I thought, "What the hell? Let's give it a go." And so, here we are!

I'm looking for a group of people, or even just one person, that is up for a modern Fantasy styled role play. Thanks to a friend of mine, I have been introduced to the Mercy Thompson books. It's along those lines of genre and style that I'm looking for.

In fact, yeah. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Now, I'm adaptable. It doesn't HAVE to be Mercyverse, but that general idea and some key terms will be used from there. I can explain them to you should the need call for it.

I write anywhere from a paragraph to multi-paragraphs for a post length. However, I will say this: "It's quality over quantity for me." I know I have a lot of grammatical errors, but I do try to pay attention to them and my spelling. Please do so as well.

You don't need to write anything fancy, but keep in mind I am a stickler for realistic reactions. If you get bad news, and your character isn't the type that will sluff it off, don't sluff it off then. Cry, scream, rage, walk stubbornly away. You don't need a witty comeback for everything, or a stout, stoic personality. I love flaws, you should too. Embraaceeee them. They give you depth and create a realness to your character.

I'm not really looking for any smutty stuff. But if romance happens it happens. Don't try to force it. Let it flow. And if your character hates mine, by all means let the hate flow too! Not everyone is going to get along together perfectly. I don't expect it in life and I certainly don't expect it in my rps.

And last of all, please be acceptable of the fact that I'm in my mid thirties, and I don't always have a lot of time on my hands. Especially over the weekends. But, I do try to post multiple times a day if I am able to.

Anyway, that's about it! Please let me know if anyone of you are interested!!

Much love,
Aedan's player.
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Occasional dice use, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Are you still looking? I'd love to join! Though I must warn you, I don't know of the Mercy Thompson books, so you'll have to explain those to me.
Aedan O'Rainy (played anonymously) Topic Starter

I am still looking, and I'm grateful for the inquiry. I'd be more than happy to fill you in or get you the wiki!
iolhantheX

Are you still looking for people for this rp?
I'd be interested, although I'm not familiar with that particular book series.
Although it sounds interesting, and I've been needing a new read, so perhaps if I have some time I'll check it out.
Feel free to private message me if you'd like to talk about it. Whatever you're comfortable with is cool.
iolhantheX

Btw... Your character is really good! I like him a lot. Did you do the art btw??? It's amazing! As an amateur artist myself I'm really impressed.
I'm a tad interested in this. I need to try playing Witley in a setting like this if that's alright with you.
Spriggan

If this is still open, mind if I join in? It sounds quite intriguing and I have many characters for the occasion, but most specifically Vil; She is my favorite after all, and she does well in Fantasy RP of any type!
RimCaster

Yeap if it's still open I might join, my characters are a bit too op or not (just check them out) if they're then I will create new one.
hello

Still looking for players, if anyone is still interested?
Mercyverse is my JAM!!!!!!

I have three Mercy-style characters, and I'm always willing to talk plots and even make up a new character if it calls for it.

(By the way, y'all, it's definitely worth it to read. Has some of my absolute favorite lore, and that lore is expansive without being stifling. The author is Patricia Briggs, and she has two separate but joined series in the Mercyverse: The Mercedes Thompson series and the Alpha & Omega series)

My brother from another mother!! YES!! Tell me about your characters! I've got some empty slots that I've been meaning to fill as well, so maybe we can hash something out!!

Also, he's right. Mercyverse is the shit folks. Seriously serious. SOOOOOOOOO worth the read.
Is a spot still open? It's been a while since I've read the Mercyverse, but I rather enjoyed the books!
Hello! My luck in fnding an rp has been very sucky as of late. You sound like a fun partner. If you are still willing the I would like to join you :D

Spots open! Just send me a message if you want. Or you know what? Discord TafkaP#7774

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Modern Fantasy (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus