Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Wanna Talk Bout Ocs?

natjust wrote:
Nothing wrong with gushing a bit here and there, haha
I like seeing what other people do with their ocs and what creative stuff they come up with. I have my own style of oc, and my own way of development, it's fun and interesting to see how others do it too

I also have a tendency to ramble about my own ocs, so it's good to sit back and listen sometimes too

Cecil sounds cool, and looking through their page I like your art of them, it's very nice

That's a cool concept for a character, BUT the problems lye in if people have characters developed enough or interesting enough to hear what they have to say. I think it would depend on the ocs openness and the other muses ability to explain them hmm
Thank you! I always end up doodling too much.

People like talking about their OCs, and are excited to get their story out there, so it's nice playing a character that encourages that. Or... shakes the secrets out of you, as is also the case sometimes. But it does depend on the character/player, yes. They've ended up a bit of a Doctor Nancy Drew.

Especially because I play them in a group setting, I've ended up collecting an eclectic bunch of information about lots of characters. ...And then getting sworn to OOC secrecy, which results in a lot of in-jokes with specific players that I can't share.
natjust Topic Starter

AJ_89 wrote:
natjust wrote:
Nothing wrong with gushing a bit here and there, haha
I like seeing what other people do with their ocs and what creative stuff they come up with. I have my own style of oc, and my own way of development, it's fun and interesting to see how others do it too

I also have a tendency to ramble about my own ocs, so it's good to sit back and listen sometimes too

Cecil sounds cool, and looking through their page I like your art of them, it's very nice

That's a cool concept for a character, BUT the problems lye in if people have characters developed enough or interesting enough to hear what they have to say. I think it would depend on the ocs openness and the other muses ability to explain them hmm
Thank you! I always end up doodling too much.

People like talking about their OCs, and are excited to get their story out there, so it's nice playing a character that encourages that. Or... shakes the secrets out of you, as is also the case sometimes. But it does depend on the character/player, yes. They've ended up a bit of a Doctor Nancy Drew.

Especially because I play them in a group setting, I've ended up collecting an eclectic bunch of information about lots of characters. ...And then getting sworn to OOC secrecy, which results in a lot of in-jokes with specific players that I can't share.

Same here tho, I draw all the art for my ocs on my page too :) it's nice to meet other artists here too

Sounds like a fun gig, be the Dr Phil the RP world needs you to be. I do have an oc that could use a therapist hahaha......
natjust wrote:

Same here tho, I draw all the art for my ocs on my page too :) it's nice to meet other artists here too

Sounds like a fun gig, be the Dr Phil the RP world needs you to be. I do have an oc that could use a therapist hahaha......
We're hiding everywhere.

The irony is they detest psychology (reeeasons) and wouldn't make a very good shoulder to cry on. They just want to know your secrets and then smack you upside the head for wallowing too much.
natjust Topic Starter

AJ_89 wrote:
We're hiding everywhere.

The irony is they detest psychology (reeeasons) and wouldn't make a very good shoulder to cry on. They just want to know your secrets and then smack you upside the head for wallowing too much.

Hahaha, fair enough, Creedit, my social anxiety mess, is nothing but an obnoxious crybaby with a bunch of self loathing, nothing they'd find interesting
natjust wrote:

Hahaha, fair enough, Creedit, my social anxiety mess, is nothing but an obnoxious crybaby with a bunch of self loathing, nothing they'd find interesting
Aw dang, no deep dark backstory with clones and cyborgs?
Werren

AJ_89 wrote:
This is basically a Gush Thread and I like it.

Ceci's a character that originated from a tabletop Rifts game I was in, but got expounded upon and really fleshed out for online RP. They're a cybernetics doctor that's cheerful and polite, but socially off-kilter and sometimes unnerving. I do like playing a character that sort of makes you wonder 'why' they're the way they are, although nobody's really asked that yet.

I've found that one of the more interesting concepts is playing a character that is just genuinely interested in finding out about others'. People are always interested (if this thread is any indication) in talking about/getting their own characters' story 'out there', so playing someone who is just 'yes, tell me' and not absorbed in their own background story is... Interesting. Ceci's story will probably never get told, and that's okay? I've ended up mixed up in a lot of other people's plots. I feel they're sometimes a bit too reactive, but they have their own small moments of agency, and it's fun.

Also typing constantly with the 'they' singular pronoun is hard.

Sounds like an excellent character for social situation and story focus. I'm surprised they've never been in a situation with characters that wanted to know about them and their backstory. Don't worry, the they pronoun use is something you get used to when playing gender neutral characters.
natjust Topic Starter

AJ_89 wrote:

Nope sadly not, he's just a space rabbit man who plays in a metal band and models. 8D It makes sense in context I swear, but only barely
Werren wrote:

Sounds like an excellent character for social situation and story focus. I'm surprised they've never been in a situation with characters that wanted to know about them and their backstory. Don't worry, the they pronoun use is something you get used to when playing gender neutral characters.
It didn't take too long to get used to, although now I've found myself accidentally calling binary people "they" now, hah.

They're comfortably closed off, so it's understandable. They're not a character that's constantly at odds with their past (they're more interested in other people's mysteries than solving their own). Although I joke that people really need to google the doctors they hire.
natjust wrote:
AJ_89 wrote:

Nope sadly not, he's just a space rabbit man who plays in a metal band and models. 8D It makes sense in context I swear, but only barely
Ahahah, still good. Space Metal.
Werren

AJ_89 wrote:
Werren wrote:

It didn't take too long to get used to, although now I've found myself accidentally calling binary people "they" now, hah.

They're comfortably closed off, so it's understandable. They're not a character that's constantly at odds with their past (they're more interested in other people's mysteries than solving their own). Although I joke that people really need to google the doctors they hire.
Ah, interesting consequence.

Ha! They really should, though it's a bit more difficult if they happen to come from Gallifrey.
Werren wrote:

Ha! They really should, though it's a bit more difficult if they happen to come from Gallifrey.
The new series did have an episode dedicated to conspiracy theories and googling the Doctor, though, hah.
Oh gosh, this thread is actually really nice! Everyone's characters all seem so cool man!

I've got a bird-man-puddle-thing named Ray: they like eating all forms of poultry, collect screws and they're the big bad of their lil world. But despite technically being "evil", they'd much prefer to play games or go see a movie with the good guys then fight.

There was mention of a space rabbit man in a metal band and please do tell more OP I need to know this
natjust Topic Starter

SINDragon wrote:
Oh gosh, this thread is actually really nice! Everyone's characters all seem so cool man!

I've got a bird-man-puddle-thing named Ray: they like eating all forms of poultry, collect screws and they're the big bad of their lil world. But despite technically being "evil", they'd much prefer to play games or go see a movie with the good guys then fight.

There was mention of a space rabbit man in a metal band and please do tell more OP I need to know this

Bird man puddle thing sounds too cute to be evil xD!!

Creedit is a space bunnyman alien, he's a total wreck, but a sweetheart to everyone else. He plays bass in a garage band that plays in bars for small gigs, and was recently picked up by an agent to do model work because of his nice physice and pretty looks. Those are mostly attributed to him having played sports in school.
I actually have more if his details and pictures I've drawn of him in his character page ony profile too ouo/
Werren

AJ_89 wrote:
Werren wrote:

The new series did have an episode dedicated to conspiracy theories and googling the Doctor, though, hah.
Yeah, I remember. I like that your profile picture is of the Third Doctor, I find the classics to be quite neglected.
SINDragon wrote:

I was sleepily scrolling through Ray's profile and am amused. I like them, and the flow of their profile.

Werren wrote:
AJ_89 wrote:
Werren wrote:

Yeah, I remember. I like that your profile picture is of the Third Doctor, I find the classics to be quite neglected.
Yes! Twitch recently viewed all (well, most, baring some licensing issues) of the classic doctors; I hope that brought in a few new classic fans.

My friends recently helped me move, and at one point while organizing boxes they poked fun at my stack of Third Doctor dvds. 💦

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Wanna Talk Bout Ocs?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus