Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Anime

vashthestampedes

I will talk about anime with anyone who wants to!! Also if you can suggest any english dubbed comedy violence anime's that would be awesome!!
Welcome to the rpr! ^_^
vashthestampedesgirl wrote:
I will talk about anime with anyone who wants to!! Also if you can suggest any english dubbed comedy violence anime's that would be awesome!!

comedy violence? I suggest High school of the dead :p zombie anime about a group of survivors. A word of warning thoug - an exaggerated amount of panty and boob shots. There's censor though :p but they do seem to feel the need to appear barely dressed whenever fighting xD

Here's the trailer.
SHIDONI

Well...Lets see.....

Bleach is a kinda violence and comedy anime. It is english dubbed all the way up to episode...erm...282 I think? There's 366 episodes in total. I have to say it is a really good anime but there are a lot of fillers In between really awesome story lines (they seem to wanna make fillers right in the middle when something epic is going on XD) and that gets kinda annoying...But if you skip the fillers there would probably be about 200 or less episodes your watching. Yes, it does have a lot if fillers like I said. I started this anime back in about November and I'm not even done it yet! It's kind of a long anime but if you like that stuff then there you go! ;3 I'm not saying it's bad or anything either...it's still really awesome. Guess I should tell you a little bit about it...Well this high school boy named Ichigo can see spirits. One day, he suddenly sees a shinigami (God of Death) fighting off a Hollow (a big scary monster thing that lives in the world of the living) Remember, no one else can see the shinigami or hollow, just Ichigo can. So anyway, later that night the shinigami comes into his room and he kicks her...behind....and she can't believe he can see her. So she tells him about Hollows and stuff...Ok! I'm kinda being a Purple Prose here. XD Basically, she ends up giving her shinigami powers to him and he becomes a shinigami and had to fight off bad guys and stuff like that. ;3 There is also four movies to this anime.

Inuyasha is actually one of the first animes I've ever watched! It's 167 (I can't even remember anymore, sorry XD) episodes long and it's all English dub. It is about a girl named Kagome that falls into a mysterious well and the well actually brings her back a few centuries. There, she finds a dog demon named Inuyasha. Inuyasha is trying to become a full demon (since he is only half demon currently) from something called the...Sacred Jewel, I believe. But Kagome somehow (like I said, can't remember anymore) breaks the jewel and Inuyasha and Kagome have to go on a adventure to collect the jewel shards. Oh, and there's an evil villain named Naraku. They also meet friends along the way that join them named Shippo, Sango and Miroku. There is also four movies and a second season just coming out in English dub called Inuyasha: The Final Act. It really is a great anime. ;3 and I'm glad it was my first I've ever watched besides Sailor Moon. XD

Well...I see you've already watched Trigun so I won't suggest that. XD So really, that's all I have. I looked up some comedy & violence anime and I got Soul Eater a bunch of times. You could try watching that too.. I think it's 51 episodes long all english dub. I've just never watched it myself so I can't give you a short summary or my rating about it! XD Anyway, I hope I helped a little. ;)
vashthestampedes Topic Starter

SHIDONI wrote:
Well...Lets see.....

Bleach is a kinda violence and comedy anime. It is english dubbed all the way up to episode...erm...282 I think? There's 366 episodes in total. I have to say it is a really good anime but there are a lot of fillers In between really awesome story lines (they seem to wanna make fillers right in the middle when something epic is going on XD) and that gets kinda annoying...But if you skip the fillers there would probably be about 200 or less episodes your watching. Yes, it does have a lot if fillers like I said. I started this anime back in about November and I'm not even done it yet! It's kind of a long anime but if you like that stuff then there you go! ;3 I'm not saying it's bad or anything either...it's still really awesome. Guess I should tell you a little bit about it...Well this high school boy named Ichigo can see spirits. One day, he suddenly sees a shinigami (God of Death) fighting off a Hollow (a big scary monster thing that lives in the world of the living) Remember, no one else can see the shinigami or hollow, just Ichigo can. So anyway, later that night the shinigami comes into his room and he kicks her...behind....and she can't believe he can see her. So she tells him about Hollows and stuff...Ok! I'm kinda being a Purple Prose here. XD Basically, she ends up giving her shinigami powers to him and he becomes a shinigami and had to fight off bad guys and stuff like that. ;3 There is also four movies to this anime.

Inuyasha is actually one of the first animes I've ever watched! It's 167 (I can't even remember anymore, sorry XD) episodes long and it's all English dub. It is about a girl named Kagome that falls into a mysterious well and the well actually brings her back a few centuries. There, she finds a dog demon named Inuyasha. Inuyasha is trying to become a full demon (since he is only half demon currently) from something called the...Sacred Jewel, I believe. But Kagome somehow (like I said, can't remember anymore) breaks the jewel and Inuyasha and Kagome have to go on a adventure to collect the jewel shards. Oh, and there's an evil villain named Naraku. They also meet friends along the way that join them named Shippo, Sango and Miroku. There is also four movies and a second season just coming out in English dub called Inuyasha: The Final Act. It really is a great anime. ;3 and I'm glad it was my first I've ever watched besides Sailor Moon. XD

Well...I see you've already watched Trigun so I won't suggest that. XD So really, that's all I have. I looked up some comedy & violence anime and I got Soul Eater a bunch of times. You could try watching that too.. I think it's 51 episodes long all english dub. I've just never watched it myself so I can't give you a short summary or my rating about it! XD Anyway, I hope I helped a little. ;)
kitty you know i have watched all of those
vashthestampedesgirl wrote:

If you haven't tried Soul Eater yet, do so.

Soul Eater is basically if Tim Burton hired the Gorillaz artists and re-wrote Naruto...sassily. Your call if this is a good thing, or just terrifying.
Ao No Exorcist (also known as Blue Exorcist) ^_^ <3
Though there is 25 episodes of season 1 only 19 are dubbed I think :(
Desert Punk was pretty funny, and also violent. Another really good one that fits that description is Excel Saga. (Which is incredible.) Both can be found dubbed.

If you're looking for sites to watch them from as well, I have suggestions :D

My personal favorites, that may be worth checking out, but don't necessarily fit the funny- violence genre are Paranoia Agent, Ghost in the Shell, Kino's Journey, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun (Though it's obvious you're familiar with that one XD ) and Abenobashi Shopping Arcade ... blarg, I could keep going forever so I'll leave it there for now..

The fate series basically revolves around the Holy Grail War, a battle royale between 7 mages, each with their summoned servants. These servants are heroes from actual history or legends told by men over the ages. They come in different classes, each class is represented. Saber, Lancer, Archer, Rider, Caster, Berserker and Assassin.

Fate Stay night is the first anime of the series, but is chronologically the last series of events. Fate Zero is new, and tells the story of the holy grail wars prior to the one in Fate Stay night (ten years before). Not so much a humor anime, but an epic one nevertheless.
vashthestampedes Topic Starter

Thanks but I already watched the fate series :)
Guilty crown might be a reccomendation as well then :)
SailorTitan

Olthain wrote:

The fate series basically revolves around the Holy Grail War, a battle royale between 7 mages, each with their summoned servants. These servants are heroes from actual history or legends told by men over the ages. They come in different classes, each class is represented. Saber, Lancer, Archer, Rider, Caster, Berserker and Assassin.

Fate Stay night is the first anime of the series, but is chronologically the last series of events. Fate Zero is new, and tells the story of the holy grail wars prior to the one in Fate Stay night (ten years before). Not so much a humor anime, but an epic one nevertheless.

I've watched both Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero and it kind of confused me O.o I mean, from what I read on another websites; Fate/Zero is a prequel to Fate/Stay Night so I watched Fare/Stay Night first then Fate/Zero and it seemed like I should of watched Fate/Zero before Fate/Stay Night since....like you said....Fate/Zero is set 10 years before Fate/Stay Night. Fate/Zero kind of explains other servants backgrounds and legends while Fate/Stay Night is just the 5th (I believe) Holy Grail war just like they had the 4th in Fate/Zero. :/ So yeah I got kind of confused...but still a great anime! :D

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Anime

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus