Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick-or-Treat: A Royal Masque

Elune and Ravi (played by Kungfu6453)

“ good to hear. I see your kingdom never fails to impress. I’m glad you invited us. You have grown up lovely. Your gown lovely as well.” Ravi appeared. Ravi bowed deeply. “ maybe sometime we could dance my lady.”
Eldest Timor (played by Orrik_Zynn_x2)

Siraan was used to this, the stares he knew were aimed at him...he stood out. Long white hair, seven plus feet tall...not surprising that people stared. Lord Tybalt's look of surprise at him before the man saw his little sister was almost amusing. The vampire watched the scene before him with a slight smile, he was glad to have helped the little lady.

His attention turned to lady Muriel at her thanks. "M'lady I am just pleased that I could help." he says, keeping his tone formal and respectful. He offered her and her husband a smile. "Lovely costume choices, very elegant." he compliments the both of them.
Following Maywin's lead out onto the floor, Juri could not help but to have her smile wide into a grin. She was quite excited for the prospect of dancing. Listening to Maywin's words closely, Juri clapped her hands briefly before taking in a breath and exhaling to calm herself to where she could actually act accordingly in this moment.

"Okay..." Juri said after a moment when both she and Maywin's were getting themselves prepared for a dance together. Looking around at other dancers briefly, she observed for a short moment before reaching over and placing one hand on Maywin's shoulder and then moving her other hand to take Maywin's own.

"Um... like this?" Juri asked, hoping that she was doing this correctly. It did feel a little odd to be in this situation without Liuma, Vale, nor Nalia with her admittedly. Juri did her best to just smile and think about the new experience rather than being in this very different environment than what she was used to on a day to day basis.
The Alabaster Princess (played by Zelphyr) Topic Starter

"We do try," Alabastra responded cheerfully. "I'm afraid your makeup disguises your face wonderfully. You have visited us before?"

When the man appeared, she offered a curtsy for his bow, smiling all the while. "It is not likely, good sir. Sadly, I make for an embarrassing and sometimes painful dance partner. Dear Maywin is most disappointed in me."

Despite her words, the eldest princess spoke with a graceful humor and a light laugh.

Tybalt straightened up, allowing his sister to keep her arms around him for the time being.

"Thank you, Master Siraan," he said, following his wife's lead on the unrejected name. He bore an apologetic smile. "I have told them Elizabeth must spend more time around other children or she will always be frightened. But ah, nevermind that." The prince bowed politely, a controlled gesture which did not go too low for his station. "Thank you. I had to sort artisans for a week to find one whose work I adored."

The costumes truly were skillfully made, though not evenly matched in presentation, at least if one were to properly pay attention. Tybalt's wonderfully gave the impression of a forest creature, with everything fitted and positioned to maximize the effect. His slender form also aided the effect. The former countess, however, was a little stockier, and her for all the wonder her costume was, it was still clearly only a costume.

"What brings you to a party in little Emresta?" Muriel asked. Her tone and smile were polite, but a deeper fascination glimmered in her eyes. It was not without attention and work that she had married the closest male to the throne.

"Correct," Maywin affirmed as she put her free hand on the horned woman's waist. Positioning and height left it looking less natural and relaxed than those around them. "And a basic step for this sort of music would be something like this. Watch my feet and match me."

She guided the way through a brief and relatively simple series of steps, something that commonly was the limit of knowledge for boys her own age. At least she had seen it enough to have it pretty accurate.

It occurred to her neither had introduced themselves yet, and so she stated, "By the way, I am Princess Maywin Vaudcourt e Emresta."

“ I don’t mind.” The girl looked at her. “ no but I have your father before. I’m elune and that my twin brother Ravi.” Ravi “ your highness looks lovely.”

"Goodness, it must have been years," Alabastra said with a light laugh. "His Majesty does not often travel these days. He's normally very busy, you know, and sometimes it is simply his health keeping him in." She turned her face toward the man indicated to be Ravi and nodded her acknowledgement. "Thank you. A pleasure to meet you both. Did you need to speak with His Majesty, or are you here for pleasure? I do hope the latter, but I would be happy to assist if it is the former."
The Alabaster Princess wrote:
"Correct," Maywin affirmed as she put her free hand on the horned woman's waist. Positioning and height left it looking less natural and relaxed than those around them. "And a basic step for this sort of music would be something like this. Watch my feet and match me."

She guided the way through a brief and relatively simple series of steps, something that commonly was the limit of knowledge for boys her own age. At least she had seen it enough to have it pretty accurate.

It occurred to her neither had introduced themselves yet, and so she stated, "By the way, I am Princess Maywin Vaudcourt e Emresta."

There was definitely a sense of joy to be had as Juri did her best to follow the lead of Maywin as she showed her how to dance. Doing her best to keep in line and not step on Maywin's feet, Jurini looked down every now and then, making sure her feet were nowhere near her partner's own.

Once Maywin introduced herself formally, however, Juri could not help but perk up. How was it that she was here, dancing with a princess of all people that were here in this ballroom? There was such thing as luck falling into one's lap, though Juri had a disregard for most of those as most of what filed through her mind were all the stories she read about kings, queens, princes, and princesses at times if they were not about vigilante heroes in that fought for greater good.

"My name is Jurini Fenris!" Juri introduced in kind, glancing down once more to take another step in the dance. "But many of my friends just call me Juri."

The Alabaster Princess wrote:
"Goodness, it must have been years," Alabastra said with a light laugh. "His Majesty does not often travel these days. He's normally very busy, you know, and sometimes it is simply his health keeping him in." She turned her face toward the man indicated to be Ravi and nodded her acknowledgement. "Thank you. A pleasure to meet you both. Did you need to speak with His Majesty, or are you here for pleasure? I do hope the latter, but I would be happy to assist if it is the former."
" why here for pleasure. but we came with a friend who from here. but is not fond of his highness. I wish I could get her to at least forgive this kingdom"

Maywin noted to herself that this woman at least seemed to be making a better effort not to step on her than some boys did. Her shoes certainly were noisy, though.

She noted, also, the apparent lift in the horned woman's already apparently high mood at the introduction. Maywin already had the woman pegged as a commoner, but now she grinned. "A pleasure, Madam Juri. You look like you did not expect to see a royal person at a royal ball."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that," Alabastra said. She was careful how to display her emotions now - emphasize the understanding, conceal any nervousness that might try to weasel in. "Is there any way I might help? Depending on the issue, perhaps I could put in a word to have amendments made."

It very much depended on what the issue was. The presentation made it sound like a grudge over some minor issue, so that could, perhaps, simplify things.

Elune “ I’m sorry I did not mean to burden you with that. “ a girl had watched them and left. Ravi went after her worried. Elune looked a bit surprised. She knew what was going on. “ I would love to meet your father. My kingdom has sent him a couple letters I need to deliver. I tend to be a messages of sorts since I travel a lot.” She smiled
The wood elf had gotten so caught up in his meal, that the conversation seemed to slip past him. He felt bad that he seemed to zone out for a moment. The truth was that he didn't often get to eat so well. This food really meant a lot to him. So did the company. Aranath often lived a lonely life in the woods.

"Here's to great company and a gracious host", Aranath added during a quiet moment. "I will not forget your hospitality. Now will I forget sharing a meal with you, M'lady." Aranath also addressed the other woman at the table.

She nodded smiling. “ what is your name?” She asked.
The wood elf looked around. He could have sworn someone was talking to him. Finding her, he said, "Ah. The name's Aranath…. Of the Oakgrove clan. And who might you be?" He offered a curt nod and half smile.

“ I’m Elune Im with a shy friend. Looking around for some friends for her.” She smiles

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick-or-Treat: A Royal Masque

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus