Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Oakwood High School (Closed)

((Cool))
Stephen Harrison (played anonymously)

((
Ridly barren wrote:
(Can I join?)
yeah. This went dormant when the one liners flooded it with pages of chat))
Macie Melody Lightfoot (played by MacieLightfoot)

((Would it be okay if i were to Join? I am pretty new and all to this. If not... I'll understand))
(I'll be RPing with a character who I haven't really finished up writing a profile for yet, but for basic info, her name is Irene Trodaire Liath, an ambitious Irish French red head girl, around 5'7",sea green eyes and freckled skin.)

You've got this Trodaire. Confidence is key.

Black platform boots clicked down the crowded, busy hallway as Irene observed the new seniors of Oakwood High rush to their classes on the very first day back to school. Well, at least they were familiar with their surroundings, but the sparse, pristine hallways and the myriad of doors all felt alien to Irene as she navigated her way around school to Room 98 for Calculus, which, according to her schedule, was her first class of the day in her new school.

Moving just before senior year had been difficult for someone as rooted and invested as Irene. Since middle school she had her heart set on becoming President of the Student Council and graduating as Valedictorian- and for this Irene had tirelessly worked off throughout high school to have spotless and immaculate grades, social circles and reputation. But all of this seemed to wither away when her mother had asked her to move in with her, for 'wanting to make amends for her behavior in the past', to which Irene had initially scoffed at- but soon had no choice when her father was obligated to move back to Ireland from their home to manage business. Living with her mother was tough on it's own, but being elected as President in a school she was a fresh face in? It was an immense challenge, to say the very least. Luckily, Irene loved challenges.

Finally spotting Room 98 after what seemed like eons of searching, and she pushed open the heavy door. Irene briefly took in the warm chatter and laughter that enveloped the room, and sight of the few students scrolling on their phones or talking amongst themselves. Noticing the empty teacher's, the redhead took a seat in the first row.

For today, Irene had picked a simple white turlteneck top with a plaid skirt layered with a small delicate necklace, and a matching watch. (click on the blue text to get a sneak peek! :)) Simple and elegant, just the way she liked it, and made her feel slightly less jittery that she was. Taking a deep breath and tucking a lock of deep red hair behind her ear, Irene turned to a small group near her, making an amicable attempt to introduce herself, at least until the teacher showed up.
Typos: (sorry, i wrote this in one go and didn't read through it XD)
* Irene had tirelessly worked for
* Noticing the empty teacher's desk

Also, couple of questions regarding the RP rules:
* is swearing allowed?
* are mentions of alcohol, drugs, smoking and abuse permitted?
(some people find it offensive so just wanna check <3)
Drama, especially somewhat juvenile drama wasn't really something she expected to encounter at 8:05, at Calculus class but irrevocably, the couple seated behind her were breaking up over a crush. Irene wondered who this Mary-Sue sounding 'Amber Daiz' was, when Mr. Reese, a stern-faced man in his 40s with a slight paunch- walked in and immediately started to assign homework. Hastily pulling out her MacBook, she began to take down notes.

Around 5 minutes into the class, Mr. Reese turned away from the whiteboard, and fo rthe first time, noticed the redhead in the first row vigorously typing away. He abruptly announced to the class "Everybody, we have a new student here with us today. Ms. Liath, please introduce yourself to the class, and class introduce yourselves," and glanced at his watch, "but please, make it quick."

Irene smoothed out her skirt and turned to the class with a poised and practiced smile. "Hello, everyone, I'm Irene Liath and I've just moved here from Ashton High upstate. I'm looking forward to spending senior year with all of you and getting to know all of you!"

"I'm Derek, that's Robin, Avery and Victoria. But you knew that." Irene smiled and nodded at the group beside her as she had just had a conversation with them before class.

"Jenny. Welcome to Oakwood." Her reply was curt, distant and almost sarcastic, which was understandable for someone who'd just been broken up with.
'My old school was great actually, thanks for asking, but I do miss being on Council," she replied with an unflinching, composed and nonchalant smile. Shrugging, Irene continued, "But who knows? Maybe I'll see you at the Cheer Tryouts, if I don't already have my hands full with other stuff. I'm sure we'll all have, fun, anyways."
(Um wait..... Did Amber's (and couple of other people??) writer just delete a message? I remember replying to Yasmin welcoming Irene to Oakwood and asking her what her old school was like (while rolling her eyes) and asking her if she wanted to come for cheer tryouts, and saying they'd have fun. Could you please clarify? I'm a little lost)
(uh....okay then I guess)

Irene waved back at the twins, noticing the way the more engaged one was observing her. "Yeah that sounds grea-" Her words were cut off by Amber's sudden dramatic exit into hallway. Everybody's eyes, especially the ones of her giggly cheer clique were on her as the head cheerleader strode out, looking quite distressed and perturbed. Mr. Reese, bewildered, opened his mouth to say something, but almost immediately shut it, like he knew saying anything would make it possibly worse. He didn't have to really say anything though- Amber calmly trotted back in just a couple seconds later, grinning like she'd had a revelation. With a serene smile, Amber reached into her (insert a designer brand) bag and pulled out a pink taco and cordially offered it to one of the twins.

Irene quickly glanced at her classmate's baffled faces realizing that -thank God- this didn't seem to be a daily activity at Oakwood, before turning to face Amber again, anticipating the twin's response.

((Bump))

((BUMP THIS))
Tiffany Kraft (played anonymously)

((Sorry, I was away for a week. I don't think there was any ill-will meant. It may be hard for others to interact or are intimidated when there are really huge posts in a group RP. Just my thoughts))

((Bump))
Nguyan Le (played anonymously)

((doubled))

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Oakwood High School (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus