Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Lantern Wood Fatnasy Village RP

Sage Mecker (played by Cherry_Red)

"It's five for a room and breakfast comes with the stay, and actually, there's one right down the road past a few buildings, though he charges a lot. Tell him my name and that I'll make it up to him if he goes easy on the price." She said and smiled softly at him, glad that she made him the offer to use her name as an excuse not to get ripped off.
Quentin (played by StereotypeAgain)

"One ale, please." He pulled a handful of the local currency out of his pocket, unsure how much it's worth. "Um, how many coins is that?"
Terrien (played by Ryokinu)

Terrien took out his pouch of coins and paid for the room, it was refreshing to be in such a quiet place for once, "Thank you kindly Lass, here's abit extra for the kind service." He put a couple extra coins on the counter.
He headed to the smithy and heated up the forge, his armor in a corner so people wouldn't try to buy it. ((Is it ok if my char is the smith? If not it's fine.))
Vincent Aurelius (played by Aceranther) Topic Starter

((Feel free kiddo. This is a Village RP so if people actually do some of the Villages jobs then it enriches the experience, so do what you like))

Vincent awoke with a couple of leaves on his face. "How long had I been asleep?" He thought to himself as he bent over the pond to splash some refreshing water onto his face. After getting up he brushed the bits off of grass and leaves that were stuck to his armour. Placing his Helm over his head once more he headed back towads the village.

Though the Village of Lantern Wood wasn't particularly large it was still a bustling community for a frontier village. The Market square had all kinds of wares, mostly things that were imported from the capital. it seemed to Vincent that the inn right now was packed meaning he couldn't go there for his meal, instead he headed towards the market to buy something to eat before heading to the villages blacksmith to have his armour worked on. Though he could do it himself he lacked the tools and materials to do so.

Sage smiled "thank you." She said. Behind her she heard a man order, she ran to the bar and quickly gave him a mug of ale. "It's only one." She answered his question and began walking back over to the bar. She pushed her hair out of her face and when that didn't work, she blew it out of her face. She must've looked ridiculous doing so, but anyone who cared had the right to leave.
Quentin (played by StereotypeAgain)

He nodded and handed her a coin. "Thanks, i'm rather new to the area."

"Oh, well, welcome to Lantern Wood. It's not much, but it's something." She said with a smile. Another strand of hair got loose and she pushed it behind her ear. It didn't work, and then a bunch of hair when in front of her face. She sighed and used her hand to move it behind her ear again.
He looked up as Vincent approached. "Let me guess, need a repair?" He asked, grabbing a small sheet of metal from a rack and heating it up.

"That's right. You can do that for me can't you?" He said as he took off helmet, placing it on he counter. He started to unbuckle the rest of his armour. The man before him was the Villages Smith, he'd come across him often enough that he got to know the man's face.

"The inns pretty packed right now, so I bought some dried lamb strips. Want one?" Vincent offered a handful of them to the smith. He was one of the only people in the village that knew Vincents face behind the helmet.
Terrien (played by Ryokinu)

Terrien relaxed at the bar, casually looking around at the other patrons, his stomach growled slightly, he had forgotten he was hungry, having already paid for his room, he decided he wanted to explore the town further, maybe check out the market.
He nodded, taking the strips. "Thanks." He picked up the discarded armor. "I'll see what I can do. Come back in a few days, it should be ready by then." He took the armor into the back of the smithy.
Wylie (played by Gus)

Wylie left the inn, bread in hands. He'd only walked a couple of streets before he reached the market square- it being rather a small village, after all- and as he did, he suddenly ducked down behind a row of barrels. He'd seen his mother and his brother-in-law out there, selling mutton to butchers and food vendors, and he didn't want to get caught.
He was well hidden from them, perhaps, but not from all other angles.

Bidding farewell to the smith, Vincent left the workshop to head back to his lodge in the Lantern Wood Forest. There were other guards and adventures that'd respond to problems if they cropped up, so he could rest easy. As he headed through the main market he notices the young lad he'd seen earlier in the morning, crouched behind some crates and barrels.

"What're you doing lad? Seems awfull shifty to me." Vincent asked from behind the boy. Both of his handstuff moved to rest on hips.
Wylie (played by Gus)

Wylie did not immediately recognise him, without his armour. He jumped slightly in surprise, and turned to face him, staying low behind the barrels.
"Oh- I was just, uh, checking for holes."
He ran his hands over the wood of the barrels, peering at them closely.
"Nope, doesn't seem like there, uh, are any... That's good..."
Reynall walked through the surprisingly busy streets smiling and greeting people he passed He noticed the streets getting wider and found himself in what he assumed to be the market square. He stopped at several stalls viewing the artisans work and chatting with a few. As he was looking through the stalls he found one filled with instruments of all kinds and made his way over to it. Reynall pulled out his coin purse and counted the coins the man had given him there were a few silver and bronze coins he nodded and tied off the bag tucking it into his jacket. Smiling at the merchant he talked about his craft and purchased a lute from the man.
Reynall got caught up in telling the story about how he damaged his previous one he didn't notice how disinterested the man seemed to be until he cleared his throat.
“Ha, well, I’ll see you around” Reynall turned and walked back out into the street looking for a place to sit and play.

Vincent squinted his eyes then looked around. It was obvious he was hiding and also obvious where the boy was from where he was standing.

"Lad if you're not careful you'll be mistaken for a thief." Vincent said, rubbing the back of his head, he wasn't quite sure what to say at this point. "I mean, inspecting barrels for holes? Of all the excuses" Vincent thought to himself, he was quite amused at the boys reaction so he'd thought he'd let him do his thing, it was a nice day afterall, no point in making trouble now.

Vincent huffed "Look, just don't cause any trouble y'hear?.. Also you missed a hole." He said pointing to the top of the barrel where the lid should of been, grinning stupidly.
((Ooh Dad jokes XD))

Sage walks home after getting things from the market.
Wylie (played by Gus)

Wylie seemed genuinely amused, letting out a short giggle. Then he frowned.
"Where do I know your voice from? Oh-!"
He put his thumbs to his temples and spread his fingers, imitating antlers.
"You're the hunter-knight guy, right?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Lantern Wood Fatnasy Village RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus