Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Lantern Wood Fatnasy Village RP

Sage Mecker (played by Cherry_Red)

((Oh I'm sorry, was "He'd seen his mother and his brother-in-law out there, selling mutton to butchers and food vendors, and he didn't want to get caught." not enough to assume he was hiding from them?))
Vincent Aurelius (played by Aceranther) Topic Starter

((He's supposed to be doing his work as a sheep herder with is brother but he went to go play in town. Or at least that is what I think was said. It's way back at the start so don't quote me on it. Let's all stay civil kiddos, please?))

((Yeah yeah.))
Wolfe (played by Gus)

Meanwhile, in a small field between the village and the woods, Wolfe was still lying on his back in the grass, waiting for Wylie to return with food.
He continued to strum his lute, getting into a good rythym now, and singing along experimentally. He was trying to put words to it, and translate a story he told into song. Two dogs now lay nearby, one chewing a stick, the other alert and watching the sheep in the field.
"and the dragon...erm, the dragon-... what rhymes with dragon...?"

"Hunter-knight guy?.. Really? Well I suppose you're not wrong Lad. What gave me away?" Vincent said,. He knelt down a bit to shift himself behind the barrels, his tall frame unable to be hidden, it looked quite comedic to an outsider to the situation.

"So... What're you really up to lad? Also what's your name? I can hardly keep calling you Lad now can I?"
Wylie (played by Gus)

Wylie peeked over the barrels to see if he'd attracted anyone else's attention, then ducked back down again.
"I'm Wylie. And if I tell you who I'm hiding from, how do I know you won't rat me out, Mister Antlers?"

After Sage is done baking for quite some time, she put the sweets away and decided to go find Wylie's brother out in the fields. She hadn't seen him in a while. When she strolled through the paths until she found him. "Hey! You waiting for Wylie again?" She asked softly, and sat next to him to keep him company.
Wolfe (played by Gus)

Wolfe sat up as he heard Sage calling, which was shortly followed by one of the dogs barking to alert him that someone had come into the field.
"Sh, it's alright, good boy..." he muttered to it, scratching its head as he smiled at the approaching redhead.
"I am- but keep your voice down, they don't know he's gone." he said, jabbing a thumb in the direction of the farmhouse to indicate his family.
Once Wolfe had apparently given the 'o.k', the dogs didn't see her as an intruder, and one promptly settled by her, nosing its head into her side in greeting.

Vincent grinned devilishly "Because if you don't, I'll shout that you're here for everyone to hear." Though he said that Vincent himself wasn't going to do that, he just wanted to spook the kid into telling him.

"And Mr Antlers? Really la...Wylie" he managed to catch himself from calling Wylie lad.

She put her head in between her shoulders "right right, sorry." She smiled at him and pet the dog that laid next to her. "So how's your mom?" She asked, trying to make a conversation. "By the way, if you ever need some desserts, just ask me, I just made at least three apple pies at my house and I can't eat all of them by myself."
Wylie (played by Gus)

Wylie sighed heavily.
"I'm hiding from John and my mom, cuz I'm suppoooooosed to be sitting in some dumb boring field watching some dumb boring sheep, and I'll get in trouble if I'm found to be doing anything more fun. What's your name, then?- else I'll keep calling you Mister Antlers, Mister Antlers."
Wolfe (played by Gus)

Wolfe chuckled.
"She's fine. Just gone to market with Winnie's bloke, actually, trying to sell some meat. I'm just hoping they don't bump into Wy while they're there. I might take you up on that pie offer, actually, I haven't had anything like that for a time."

"Well maybe when Wylie gets here, he can take the shift on watching and you can sneak over to my house. For the pies of course." She said and laughed as she began to blush slightly. She began to hope he'd hurry up and get here soon. No body knew this but she'd had a crush on Wolfe for the longest time. Though she knew he didn't like her back in that way, so she decided to keep that to herself for the rest of her life and continue to be friends with him.

((Don't judge me XD))
Wolfe (played by Gus)

He chuckled, and looked away for a second. He felt sorry for Sage- she was less good at hiding her feelings than she thought, or, perhaps, he was more insightful than most. Either way, he understood, but he didn't know what, if anything, to say or do about it.
For one, she didn't seem to know he knew, and then there was the fact he was married, and then there was...
"I'd better not. If it turns out we're both the irresponsible one, I think our mom would have a nervous breakdown. But maybe when I'm not working?"

She nodded "sure." She said and looked at the sheep, then brushed some hair out of her face. "I'm thinking of cutting all of my hair off, it's been bugging me lately." She said, wondering a bit what he'd say, though she wasn't actually going to cut it. But the thought crossed her mind a few times.

"Hmm, how about this; I'll distract the people you're hiding from and the next time you see me you'll fetch me something to eat?" Vincent said. He'd probably forget the latter part of the promise but it was fine by him.

Vincent cracked his neck. It didn't sound nice but it was comfortable.
Wylie (played by Gus)

Wylie considered this.
"Sounds like a good deal. But not before you tell me your name." he said firmly.
Wolfe (played by Gus)

Wolfe looked her hair over.
"I could braid it, if you like. I do Wren's all the time." he offered.
His own hair, the same shade of blond as Wylie's, fell to about his shoulders when loose, but he usually kept it up in a bun.

Vincent realised he had yet to tell Wylie his name. Embarrassed he said "Vincent. Not Mr Antlers, Hunter-Knight or any other weird name you might give me."

Vincent grinned, it was a bit crooked but that was only because kneeling down hurt his back some.
Wylie (played by Gus)

"Well then Vincent, we have a deal." he said, in his most professional voice.
In such close quarters, a proper handshake would be impossible, so he extended his forearm like a formal tyrannosaurus rex.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Lantern Wood Fatnasy Village RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus