Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Unusuals (1x1)

Anastasia Meier (played by CelestinaGrey)

Anastasia walked through town, her head down, hands stuffed into her pockets. She wasn't going to make eye-contact with anyone. She was brand new to the town, but that didn't quite matter. She wasn't a people-person anyways. She was steered off her course though when she spotted a coffee shop. She went in, got a cup of hot chocolate, and sat down. She didn't like socializing, but she was interested in watching people. So she sat by the window and watched all the passerbys through the glass.
Elemeno (played by EonRising)

"Hello," a voice said softly from behind her. The tall teenager smiled softy as he walked around and sat across from her, "Keep an eye out on your left. There's three mutant hunters disguised as cops just outside," he jabbed a thumb in their direction then stood, "Don't make any sudden movements and you should be fine," he winked a silver eye at her.
Anastasia Meier (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Anastasia gasped and jumped slightly at the voice behind her. She looked at him, her eyes widening as he said that there were mutant hunters outside. She gripped her cup tightly and looked down at it. "..they just go through town like this?" she asked quietly. Of course, she knew mutant hunters were everywhere. But it had been nice to be where they weren't, for the most part. But she had to leave that place, and now it seemed the hunters were everywhere.

"Just be careful," he warned, "Meet me back her in an hour if anything goes wrong. I know where a safe house is."

Anastasia glanced over at him, then looked out the window. "...do you really think they'll come in if I just sit here and drink my hot cocoa?" She was nervous. That wasn't a good sign at all. "And...who are you? Is...is it really that obvious that I'm a...?" Though, she wasn't exactly 'incognito' with her blue hair and stuff.

"Naw, you should be fine," he assured her, "Just thought I'd let you know. And it's not that obvious really," he leaned down and whispered, "But a mutant knows a mutant," he chuckled quietly and strode away.

Anastasia stared at him for a moment, and was about to reach out to stop him from leaving. But she remembered that he had said no sudden movements. She stayed still and watched him. She had no idea who that man was. Not his name or anything. She sighed and sipped at her drink, glancing outside the window now and then.

It was about half an hour before the men Elemeno had pointed to walked away. The young man returned to the table a few minutes after they left and sat across from her again.
"My name's Elemeno, but most call me El."

Anastasia sighed in relief as they left, blinking in surprise when the man came back. "...oh. Um...thank you for the help, El." She looked down at her cup nervously for a moment. "..I'm...Anastasia." she offered quietly. She sipped from her cup, just a little bit since it was almost empty by now, and then she set it down.

"That's very pretty," he smiled warmly, "Come on, let's get you to the safehouse."

Anastasia looked at him warily. "My home isn't safe?" She didn't quite trust him. He'd helped her with those men earlier, but that didn't mean he was trustworthy! She looked at him, careful and wary. She wasn't about to go somewhere secret with some guy she just met!

"Oop, sorry then. I've met so many mutants that have no homes, sorry 'bout that," he smiled and offered his hand out to shake.

Anastasia hesitantly reached out and took his hand. "...it's okay. I have an apartment. It's not much, but I guess it's somewhere." The apartment would only last so long, because she only had so much money. "Do you know anywhere in town that's hiring? I need a job..." She glanced around. "Is there...is there anti-mutant groups, in town?" She was a bit worried about that.

"No splinter groups, only the occasional mercenary group," he shrugged, "So, you wanna come see the safehouse or you okay for now?"

Anastasia looked at him warily, once again. "I'm...fine, thank you..." She still didn't quite trust him. He could be dangerous. He could be a hunter, a SMART one. "I'm fine." She stood up. "I..I should go now." She fiddled with her empty cup nervously, then threw it out and left. She walked down the street with a somewhat hurried pace, glancing behind her to see if he was following.

"Wait!" he ran after her and put a gentle han on her shoulder, but it was firm enough to stop her, "Just take this card, it has the location of our safe house," he pressed the slip of paper into her hand then backed away, shoved his hands in his pockets and strolled away.

Anastasia spun around, shoving his hand away. Though the action was strong, there was fear in her eyes. She watched him as he moved away, then she glanced at the card. She shoved it into her pocket, and hurried home before he could stop her again. She wasn't so sure about this. It didn't seem...safe. But then again, nothing was safe.

El was being honest about everything. He made his way to a large warehouse that had been entirely renovated into apartments for mutants. It was his turn for guard duty, so he relieved the girl currently there and took his post.

Anastasia found her front door...unlocked. Now, she knew it hadn't been left unlocked. She knelt down and closed her eyes, summoning up that blue glowing orb. She sent it skittering into the room, checking out the area. When she was sure her apartment was safe, she called the blue orb back and it vanished. She got up and went in. The nearly empty apartment was already ran-sacked! Anastasia ran to her room. Her clothes were tossed about and everything! She packed it all back up. Luckily the intruders hadn't found anything worth keeping. She put it all in her back, pulled out the piece of paper El gave her, and hurried to the address.

El smiled and hopped down when he saw her, then spotted the girl's expression, "Hey! What's wrong?" he asked worriedly and rushed to meet her.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Unusuals (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus