Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Blast!

Minji Kim (played by Kinana) Topic Starter

Minji shook her head and stood up while putting the cigarette back between her lips. She lit it quickly and grabbed a beer, opening the can with a bit more force than necessary. "You better wear that damn costume..." She muttered after Cameron left and opened the door slightly to let the smoke out.

"I'm not giving any personal information out, no interviews after the show and definitely not my real name. And I will not sign any piece of paper." Minji said in a tired tone and took a sip from her beer. "If it makes you happy I will do it with you." Minji agreed reluctantly and took a deep drag from her cigarette afterwards.

"But we do it our way, nothing staged." The blonde added and managed a half hearted smile at the rest of her members. Maybe she was just too anxious about this whole thing. It was just one gig, right? On one side it really excited her, to know, that the higher ups liked their music so much but she couldn't help it. Being cautious was never a bad thing when it came to things like that.

"What can go wrong, am I right?" She asked with an unsure chuckle and shrugged her shoulders.
Loci (played by nightmqre)

Sarah ended up and grabbing a beer as well, then sat back down against the wall and opening it. She took a large full of it, putting her forehead against her knees. She wasn't the best with her drinking habits and would often find herself drinking if too stressed, too anxious or just genuinely upset. She knew it was a bad habit, but like many people, she found comfort in it so she made no effort to change her ways. It's not like many people cared anyway: her family's deas, and aside from the band group, she's got no other friends.

She still had nothing else to say as she took another large gulp of the alcohol, signing deeply and hugging her knees close. "Many things can go wrong." Sarah muttered, glancing up at Minji. " we argue, we lose our career, we sell our soul to Satan, there's an accident and one of us dies-" she stopped listing things and shook her head.
Rina Kato (played by MiaLouise)

"Sarah, I'm sure nothing that dramatic will happen from just one show." Rina brushed off any worries she might've had herself, in the hope that it might calm down the other girl. "And if we don't do any interviews or give out any information, and do it our own way, you'll be okay with it, right, Minji?" She looked at the blonde with hopeful eyes. "Like Yuri, I just think it'd be great to get up on that kind of stage!" Rina was pretty excited, holding her hands in front of her chest.

She looked upwards, like she was remembering something. "Oh, and maybe we should think of some stage names soon? Yuri can't keep calling us drummer, guitarist, and bassist on stage..." Because they were really more on stage as a band than as individuals, they didn't usually talk a lot between songs, barely even introducing the songs, which Rina felt was a shame. When she had performed previously, there had always been more of an introduction of the artist and the song, which she missed.
Yuri Takahashi (played by Jence)

Yuri was glad to see that the mood was starting to lighten up a bit. Her eyes widened to Sarah’s comment. She forgot how stressed and anxious she could get, and she clearly didn’t want her to suffer more from it. The bass guitarist was probably one of the most fragile people she ever met in her life. She was glad that they managed to add her to their group, it somehow gave her another family. Despite their little argument, the girls were pretty closed in their own way. Even if Yuri was somehow closer to Rina, it didn’t change the fact that she felt like they were sisters or cousins. Yuri had also some love issues when it came to family. Her parents were really busy when she came to the world, all of her childhood she was traveling from place to place, nearly seeing her father or her mother.

Rina was surely excited to the thought of performing on a bigger stage. Yuri smiled, she was so cute when she was passionate. Stars were glowing in her dark eyes. The singer sat back straight on the couch and then got up to take Minji in her arms.
Aw, Min-min! You shouldn’t worry that much. Of course, we’ll do it our way, no one can tell us what to do.
She was clearly a bit tipsy from the alcohol that she had just drunk. Her body began to relax a bit more. Despite her habit to drink, Yuri wasn’t the kind of person to support alcohol very well. Yuri then looked at Rina who was already making up plans.

Stage names? Like some kind of cover you mean?
She asked as she kept her arms wrapped around Minji’s neck.

Minji rolled her eyes slightly but nodded at Rina. She made her conditions clear and knew she could trust the girls enough to be sure they would respect and accept them. Cameron was pretty chill and had only their best interest at heart, at least that's what she thought.

"Geez Sarah...", She mumbled and shook her head. "Don't worry, no one is going to die. Well hopefully." Minji added and threw her cigarette outside before closing the door.

The blonde chuckled when Yuri wrapped her arms around her and the drummer started to pet her head. "I know, I know." Minji replied with a sigh. "Someone has to." She laughed and wrapped her arms around the singer, too. Sometimes she wished she could be as optimistic as Yuri and Rina, they made it look so easy that she almost believed that everything would be just fine.

"I like the idea with the stage names, I can work with that." Minji said with a grin and could feel herself starting to relax a bit. "Maybe we could also work on our stage performance a bit. We could include some changes in our gigs at the club, too." She suggested. Maybe she was getting a bit excited, but really just a bit.

Sarah drowned the rest of her beer and then set it down beside her, immediately craving another one. She put he forehead back against her knees, "Someone could die. You never know. One thing goes wrong and bam, one of us is crushed by a stage light." She shrugged, keeping her head down as she yawned.

She got up lazily and grabbed another beer, before sitting back down, opening it and taking a large gulp. "Stage names sound fun." A drunken blush began to form on her face, as she smiled almost dreamily and put her head down once more.

If she was honest, she envied everyone else. SHe , too, wished she had the power to see the better things in life. It upset her due to the fact she was scared at some point the people in her life would get fed up of it and just... Leave. And she'd be alone again, left to wonder the world as a lost soul. That's why she was here in the first place. She travelled to Japan because she was alone. She had no one back home but here no one knew of her or her mother. So she was free to make and fresh start. And here she was.

She let out a laugh at the thought of all of it, looking up for a second and then dropping her head down once more back onto her knees.

Trying not to think too much about stage lights crushing people, Rina tried to continue with the more fun topic at hand. "With stage names I mean... Like, what we call each other on stage and if we ever do an interview, what we'd call each other there. I don't know if they should be close to our actual names or not, but I think it might be a better way to both keep our personal life out of the spotlight, as well as give our shows more personality."

Rina saw that Sarah took another beer, which worried her a bit. She knew that the European always did drink quite a lot after performances, but the speed astounded her anyway. She looked over at Minji with a curious look in her eyes. "In what way were you thinking we could work on our stage performances? Should we be more outgoing or...?" She had an idea of what the other girl meant, but didn't want to assume anything.
Cameron Danvers (played by NeonGreenHair17)

He came back with a good bit of bills in his hands, "Okay, so there was about 125 split into fours, that makes $31.25 for each of ya." He sat four sets of that on the table, replacing a dollar bill for quarters. "Alright, that's that. So, when I go home, I'll start stalking the stage man." He chuckled, grabbing a cider from the fridge. He popped it open, taking a swig as he leaned casually against the wall. "You girls did great tonight, really great."

He grinned happily at the four of them, "I could help with stage names if you'd like. I know you girls don't want to be bombarded by fans after your first gig on a real stage. At least not at your house." He took another swig, swirling the bottle a bit.

Oof, you’re right. I don’t want my cousins’ to be bothered by that.
Yuri says as she detached herself from the drummer to take the money on the small table. She made sure that the amount of money was right. She counted the bills in her head, and with a quick calculation, she concluded that everything was in order. Maybe it wasn’t much, but it was still better than nothing. She considered it as a plus since she already had a job at a local restaurant. Since she didn’t have enough money to study music in University, the girl decided that it was better to get a job and start earning money. That way, she could put some bills aside for her upcoming studies.

But if the band started to become popular, maybe she had to think twice about University. She couldn’t allow herself to abandon her friends like that, it would simply be too selfish of her. Or at least, she thought. Her fingers then ran to take Sarah’s bottle. As she succeeded, she brought it to her lips and took two big sips and handed it back to her.

Go easy on the drinks, girl.
She said in a caring tone before going back to the couch. At the moment, it was probably the most comfortable thing that she could sit on. Her head was starting to get a bit heavier than before. Man, I really don’t support alcohol do I? She thought as she tried to focus on something else than her headache. She started to feel a bit chilly as goose bumps started to show on her bare shoulders.

What do you have in mind, Cam’?
The girl was clearly not in the mood to find any sort of cover names. She was way too exhausted to think about it. But she was curious to hear the propositions of everyone.

Minji looked at Rina and shrugged her shoulders while reaching for her money. "I dunno. Maybe interact more with the fans or in general. We play our music and make some good performances but I feel like that de could do more", The drummer mumbled and pushes the cash into the pocket of her skirt.

The blonde grabbed her black leather jacket and slipped inside, glancing at Cameron with a small smirk. "You wanna pick them?" She joked and put a cigarette behind her ear. Minji just wanted to get the job done and return to their normal performances with familiar faces in the crowd. Sure, the payment was shit but it was better than nothing. Too much money changed people, mostly for the worst.

She shook her head at her thoughts and sighed. "Is there anything else we need to talk about? Because I'm tired and I have work tomorrow." Minji said and leaned against the wall next to the door. This Night definitely turned not out like she had expected and the blonde just wanted to go to bed.

"You dick." Sarah spoke up for the first time, her words not a mutter or a grunt. She had a drunken blush across her cheeks as she growled, stood up and grabbed another beer. "don't touch my shit!"

SHe opened the beer and almost downed the whole can in the time it took her to go sit back down where she was, slumped lazily against the wall.A

Shit, do I have to work tomorrow?

Her mind went into panic mode for a setting before the new alcohol set in and she smiled a dork-ish smile.

Ah fuck it.

She quickly finished the beer and grun ted, the world beginning to spin around her. "****..." She muttered under he r breath.

"We could think about stage names for another day. After all, it's pretty late..." She yawned and stretched her arms. Unlike the other girls, she didn't have a job. Even though she didn't like her parents, they still actually paid for her apartment. She did take on some smaller jobs, such as teaching some kids guitar in her sparetime. Rina had no idea about what she wanted to do for a living besides music after all. It did give her a lot of time to think about new songs though.

Rina took the money, and put it down in her wallet. She was tired and just wanted to grab her guitar and leave. Everything else could wait until tomorrow. "If no one else has anything, then I'm at least saying good night." She did have to teach two bratty seven year olds how to hold a guitar properly tomorrow, so she did want a little break from people before that.

"Alright, yeah. You girls are right. I'll think of some and get back to you." He hurried to finish his drink before going over to Sarah, kneeling to her level, "Sare? You want me to take you home?" He was not going to let her go home by herself blasted drunk. He knew their schedules and Sarah did have work tomorrow. He knew because he had to work their music schedule around their work schedules, making it convenient for them. "Come on, you know you can't go to work with a hangover."

He carefully grabbed her hand, pulling her to her feet and keeping a balancing arm around her. "I hope you girls have a good night and get home safely."

Yeah, let’s talk about it another time. There’s no rush anyway.
Yuri had forgotten how aggressive and rude Sarah could get when she was drunk. She didn’t bother answering as she quickly gave back the bottle to the guitarist. Even if she knew that the girl wasn’t able to think rationally, she still felt a bit intimidated by her reaction. Her heavy black boots then walked back to the couch. Her balance was a bit disturbed by the bottle of beer that she had taken earlier, surely, she managed to sit down. She did have to work tomorrow, but her shift started in the middle of the afternoon, so she didn’t stress too much about it. Sarah clearly has drunk too much tonight, she was glad that Cameron offered to take her home. At least she wouldn’t walk alone in the streets.

If someone is willing to also give me a ride to my cousins’ apartment, that would be really nice. I feel like I won’t be able to walk straight until I get in a bed.
She says she grabs her red leather coat that has been lying on the ground for a few minutes. Her shoulders then relaxed a bit when she finally gained back a bit of heat. She looked at her phone. Man, it’s already midnight. Takeru is going to be so pissed… She thought. Takeru and Hitoshi were her two cousins with whom she was sharing a loft a few blocks away from the club. The first one was studying in political science, while the other has been studying to be a doctor for two years now. It was nice to have some kind of family back at home, it made her feel safer. She always missed this fatherly love in her childhood, which is why there was a time where she was switching boyfriends in a heartbeat. But this was a long time ago, and these relationships never lasted long.

Rina, if you want to crash at my place you can. We could maybe start to write another song, I work at 5 in the afternoon tomorrow.

"Yasu is picking me up, you can drive with us." Minji said between a yawn and typed something on her phone. Her boyfriend was already waiting in front of the club, the blonde was glad he agreed to pick her up, even though he had a gig himself later that night with his own band.

Minji would not mention the oppurnity they just got to him, there was already enough tension between them because of their bands and shedules. It would've made things a lot easier if they had decided back then to join the same band, She thought. Minji was against joining his band, relationships between band members were never a good idea so she decided against joining Venom and joined Blast instead.

"He's outside so if you're ready we can leave." She said and opened the door, stepping outside and putting her phone back into her pocket of her jacket.

"I have work tomorrow?" She blinked, looking up at cameron, "Shiiiit.. Tomorrow's gon' suck!"

She could barely stand up on her own as Cameron made her stand on her feet, and she tensed when she felt him out his arm around her. Any other time she would've cussed him out and told him to get off her, and if he had called her Sare while she was sober, she probably would be slapped him too. But this time she was too fed up and too out of it to actually care.

She yawned, not even wanting to attempt to move if Cameron wasn't going to movie first. As much as she didn't really want to go back to her crappy apartment with her stupid roommate, she knew she had to and she grunted.

"That would be great, Yuri! As long as your cousin won't kill me for making you come home late." She smiled nervously, knowing how Takeru could be, and not exactly having the best relationship with him. "I'll just grab my stuff. I have a couple of ideas for songs too." Rina went off to get her electric guitar, which she loved to bits. She also had an acoustic one at home. Then she got her black coat, and returned.

"Is there space for me too, Minji?" She didn't want to assume anything, and didn't know Minji's boyfriend too well. She was checking her schedule for tomorrow in her head. She was teaching guitar around 16:30, and would have to get home to grab her acoustic guitar at home first, meaning she'd have lots of time to write a song with Yuri.

"I'll have a remedy for your hangover, Sare." He said as he gave a small wave to the girls. "Have a nice night, you three. I'll see you guys tomorrow like always." He carefully walked her out into the cold night air, walking her slowly to his blue truck, helping her into the passenger seat. Only when she was comfortable and strapped in did he get into the driver's seat. "You want the window up or down?" He asked as he drove out the parking lot.

He tried to keep his eyes on the road, but kept glancing at Sarah to judge whether or not she was about to puke. A stop light soon came up so he stopped the car as he waited for it to turn green. It began raining at that moment, pouring down like a waterfall.

Yuri chuckled as she imagined her cousins’ reaction when he’ll see the two of them arriving in at the main entrance. He would be annoyed, but not more than that. And his brother would be sleeping or studying; so as long as the girls didn’t disturb him, he surely wouldn’t mind them.

Nah, it’s all good. They won’t mind, though Takeru might be a little angry at me… But that won’t be much of a problem. He’s used to seeing you around anyway…
Yuri says out loud as she started to get up. Her head was a bit heavy, which caused her to wince. She looked over at Sarah who was assisted in her bad trip by Cameron. She smiled, a bit of nostalgia in her eyes. He was indeed a nice man, she was glad to see that the guitarist was being well taken care of. She waved back at them as they soon enough got out of the dressing room. Without giving notice, she quickly got a hold of the drummer’s arm before she opened the door. Her balance was also giving her a hard time as she couldn’t manage to walk straight.

Mind helping me Min-min?
She asks, apparently not giving much of a choice to the blond-haired musician. With Rina, they finally got to the car. Rina and Yuri got to sit behind while Minji joined her boyfriend on the passenger seat, in front. The singer looked at the man and smiled at him as she entered the car.

What’s up, Yasu?
She casually let out as she let her head rest on her best friend’s shoulder. The lights of the streets were coming and going through the windows. It was funny to see how different an alley could be when the sun disappeared from the sky.

"Sure." Minji replied to Rina with a smile and was ready to go when Yuri grabbed her arm. The blonde rolled her eyes playfully and wrapped an arm around her friend, leaning her head against the singers. "C'mon you party animal. Yasu will be delighted." She mumbled but still smiled while they walked to his black car that was parked right in front of the club.

Minji helped Yuri inside before she closed her door and got inside herself. Yasu sat there with his typical bored expression and nodded to the girls in the backseat. "Took you longer than usual." He said with his deep voice and turned his head to look at Minji, who was leaning comfortable against the seat. "I know, something came up. Sorry." The drummer said apollogetic and leaned over to give him a kiss.

"Someone had a good time. How are you doin, Yuri?" He asked calmly and continued to drive. "She sure had." Minji answered amused and closed her eyes. "And what about you?" Yasu asked, not taking his eyes off the street and the blonde frowned. "Don't start this with me now, takara." She replied quietly and opened one of her eyes to look at him. Minji surely wouldn't start a fight with her friends right behind her in the car.

When they arrived at Yuris place, Minji helped the girl out and walked the two to the door. "Alright sweethearts, I see you tomorrow." She said and hugged them both, before she turned around and left, driving off with her boyfriend. The drive to her place was rather quiet but the drummer didn't mind, she had other things to worry about right now. Yasu stopped the car in front of the building she was living in and leaned over to her, leaning his head against her shoulder.

"You wanna come in?" Minji asked with a grin and played with his hair. "Can't." He mumbled back and she pouted. Damn gig, she thought. "But I'm coming right after, promise." He added and pressed a quick kiss against her cheek.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Blast!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus