Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Space!

Darth_Angelus Moderator

This is amazing, someone has travelled around the world, taking thousands of photographs of space, then stiched them all together into one impressive image!

Link

Do check the link they provide, it's not a massive image as I'd hoped but instead it lets you scroll about and zoom in to have a good look at things.
It is absolutely breathtaking. Can you believe what a difficult thing that would be? He was doing that for over a year. That's amazing.
That is beautiful.

..space still scares me, though. xD
Darth_Angelus Topic Starter Moderator

What's so scary about space?
The sheer size of it and things in it is..kinda terrifying. Not gonna lie. xD;

But it sure does have a lot of pretties..

I love space. I like the vastness and mystery, not knowing what's out there.

Last year, an image was released of a galaxy so far away, the light had travelled for most of the universe's lifetime. It made me want to go and see what was there.
I think I'd be less afraid if humanity dedicated itself to space exploration and invented actual spaceships that people could use.

...and That's a long time! xD Maybe nothing is there anymore. But it would be nice to see what's happening now rather than the old information we do get..
Ell

I literally just spent about half an hour looking at this, it's so awesomely wonderful! All the possibilities, all the places you could potentially be able to go, everything! So fascinating and thought-provoking. Bravo for this link! :D
Wow. That's something else. And absolutely gorgeous.

Regarding my previous post, a new object even further away has been revealed.

Link
Kim Site Admin

This topic is made of win.

Thanks! :)

I was just linked to these photos of the space shuttle Endeavour docked with the International Space Station taken on the most recent mission :D

Link
I'm in space!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Though I love space, it's an amazing place.
I want to go there, because it never ends.

I want to go there too :)

With the space shuttle program about to come to a close, the BBC have put together a picture collection to show off the 30 year history of the spacecraft. Thought it was worth sharing :)

Link

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Space!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus