Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Viewing Added Character Images

I don't really know how this would be possible, but I felt like I'd throw out the general idea.

Is there any way that images from characters labeled with sexual warnings would not show up on your general notifications? I've had this happen a few times now that I've clicked my dashboard and found nude images of a character of one of the people I have friended in my notifications. That is certainly not something I'm really inclined to see, and the last thing I want is to go to my dashboard and have my sister standing over my shoulder (as she often does, being she is young and annoying) and seeing a nude picture of a man or woman.

Maybe there could be a way to enable your settings so that you could see the images from sexual-labelled characters, or enable your settings to block them?

Really it's just a general idea of what I want. I don't know how it would go about happen, but I felt like I might as well bring this topic up.
Yuka

Or maybe like Elfwood does, do a sort of blurring-over if you have something like a mature filter on.
*is one of those guilty of having nudity in her galleries* <,<
Blurriness works, or maybe also having a little warning icon (like the ones used for pages) "masked" over the image in the dashboard? You go to your dashboard, you see the image has the warning, you clicky-clicky at your own risk?

I have almost 0 coding know-how, so I have no idea if that's possible. xD Just a thought, however!
I was wondering about that as well. I view stuff at work and sometimes there are my own characters uploaded adult artwork in the dashboard. XD

It might be a matter of making it so when the uploader uploads adult content they'll have to check it off as adult so then it'd be blurred or censored in the dashboard for those who wish it to be censored (or have their settings set to have warnings for adult characters.)
Kim Site Admin

Yes, this definitely needs to happen. We need some better system of tracking what images are adult...

Unfortunately we are always going to be reliant on self-reporting, which sometimes is not as accurate as we may wish, but it's definitely better than nothing.
CelestinaGrey Topic Starter

I guess have something like a 'mark image as mature' option when uploading a picture into the gallery? Or something like that. I think most people would be sensible enough to know what 'mature' would be.

'cause the picture-problem has struck again. xD I'm in the same room as my dad, he's behind me right now. And there's a naked girl on my notifications Dx
So I just turned off the art notifications in the meantime. xD;
I believe that may be my fault, Celestina. >< My sincerest apologies, I hope your dad didn't see it-- my "wait don't post it in the gallery yet" reaction didn't snap until it was too late.

So, uh, yes, I'm all for marking images as mature! 'cause I probably embarrassed all of my friends on here and they may be wtf-ing at me now. Sorry, gang, I hope your eyes aren't burning too badly! :(
CelestinaGrey Topic Starter

It's okay I still love you <3 <3 <3
x3 yeah I don't think he saw, I put other windows up to block it.
<3
Whew, okay, good. I'll remember to be more careful in the future!
Sanne Moderator

Kim wrote:
Yes, this definitely needs to happen. We need some better system of tracking what images are adult...

Unfortunately we are always going to be reliant on self-reporting, which sometimes is not as accurate as we may wish, but it's definitely better than nothing.

Considering the community we have, I'm very certain people will try their hardest to properly label their images. :) If anyone finds an image that isn't labeled adult, a gentle prod and a quick message will do the trick I'm sure.
Kim Site Admin

I agree! It should be quite good. All I'm saying is that it won't be 100% perfect all of the time. ;)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Yes it will, you have the best team of moderators in the universe ;)
SeraphicStar

Especially that handsome one with the saluting dog avatar. He's amazing.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

No no no, the hat is the best one ;)
darth_angelus wrote:
No no no, the hat is the best one ;)

Why yes, the hat is the best one.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Yours or mine? ;)
darth_angelus wrote:
Yours or mine? ;)

My bet's on both. ;)
Kim Site Admin

This feature is tentatively released. It needs muuuch more testing, but I can't do it in my exhausted state. I'm heading to bed and hoping I didn't break anything too badly. ;)
testing and sending in some bug reports!

Cute monkey faces by the way!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I agree, the monkey faces are great :)

I'll send my report on playing with this new feature now :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Viewing Added Character Images

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus