Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Introductions

So I thought I'd finally introduce myself. I've been role-playing in one form or another for decades; I started with table-top and moved onto M.U.S.H.s, M.U.X.s, and such. I've never tried anything like here before, but I figure--what the heck. Even though I still prefer real-time interactions, I thought I should broaden my horizons. :)

I adore story and depth, even if I come up with what some may consider "odd" elements to toss in (like a character based loosely on a collection of canons themselves spawned from a cartoon that was itself a half-hour long toy commercial, but I digress...). I tend to think that a good, compelling story can come from anything if the players involved are creative enough. And, well--ideas keep coming; my brain doesn't shut off, so I almost can't help but come up with what I think are interesting and intriguing ideas. :D

I don't have much experience with forums, so I'm a near-complete newb to all of this, but hopefully that won't count against me too much. ;) I also like to think of myself as a friendly and easy-going chap, and--hrm. Obviously, I tend toward bloviation, which I guess can be considered a character flaw. On the other hand, why say it in ten words when a hundred will do, right? :D";
Welcome! =D
Dog

Welcome, sir!
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR! I love it when players are into Sci-Fi things. ;)

If it helps, any forum topic can be converted into a live chatbox by clicking the "Launch Chat" button. It gives a less forum-y feel, although it heavily depends on how active the people are that you talk to.

Have you been finding your way around okay? Got any questions? :)
Thylonicus Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Welcome to RPR! I love it when players are into Sci-Fi things. ;)

If it helps, any forum topic can be converted into a live chatbox by clicking the "Launch Chat" button. It gives a less forum-y feel, although it heavily depends on how active the people are that you talk to.

Have you been finding your way around okay? Got any questions? :)

Thanks! I'd spent a bit of time reading forums and whatnot before diving on in. :) As for questions, I think I've covered the basics from scouring the forums, and the rest are likely things that will have to be dealt with as they come up--details, really. :)
I'm playing catch up with newbies!

Welcome Rhygar! Hopefully you've been having a great time so far here. The people here are very awesome and friendly. If you haven't already, you should check out the forums and all they have to offer. Don't be afraid to converse with people.

Auto response out of the way, your icon made me laugh XD. Don't worry about getting wordy, a lot of writers here. I get like that as well, because... well... artist flaw: We describe EVERYTHING, including the kitchen sink. I do hope you're enjoying yourself, the community here is quite amazing.

Welcome again! I hope to see you around.
Thylonicus Topic Starter

Highjinx wrote:

Welcome Rhygar! Hopefully you've been having a great time so far here. The people here are very awesome and friendly. If you haven't already, you should check out the forums and all they have to offer. Don't be afraid to converse with people.

Auto response out of the way, your icon made me laugh XD. Don't worry about getting wordy, a lot of writers here. I get like that as well, because... well... artist flaw: We describe EVERYTHING, including the kitchen sink. I do hope you're enjoying yourself, the community here is quite amazing.

Thank you. :D I can say that I have seen an amazing mix of people and the like, so I can definitely say that it looks like a great place. :D
Rhygar wrote:
Highjinx wrote:

Thank you. :D I can say that I have seen an amazing mix of people and the like, so I can definitely say that it looks like a great place. :D

You're welcome! It is, at least I think so, I'm hopelessly addicted so my opinion is probably biased lol.
ANGRY BABY FACE GRAARRRRR

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT A WRITER

WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE

WHAT IS LIFE

WHY

WHO-

Wait.

Oh my gosh. What am I doing here, where am I? WHY AM I IN THE INTRODUCTIONS FORUM.

Oh man. So sorry dude.

I'd love to RP with ya though.

I apologize for the mess, I'll just, erm... Leave.
Thylonicus Topic Starter

Highjinx wrote:
You're welcome! It is, at least I think so, I'm hopelessly addicted so my opinion is probably biased lol.
Possibly, but sometimes a biased opinion is no less true for it. ;)
Oaky wrote:
ANGRY BABY FACE GRAARRRRR

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT A WRITER

WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE

WHAT IS LIFE

WHY

WHO-

Wait.

Oh my gosh. What am I doing here, where am I? WHY AM I IN THE INTRODUCTIONS FORUM.

Oh man. So sorry dude.

I'd love to RP with ya though.

I apologize for the mess, I'll just, erm... Leave.
Hahaha. That's awesome. And it backs up Highjinx's opinion of the awesomeness of the place. We'll definitely have to find something to do together. :D
Rhygar wrote:
Highjinx wrote:
Possibly, but sometimes a biased opinion is no less true for it. ;)

I hope so, if only cause I like being right ;3 lol

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Introductions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus