Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Heroes of the Future

The year was 2013.
Technology was highly advanced in our eyes. New progresses were being made every day, and we all felt like we had accomplished something. We had no worries, no cares, just making sure we paid the bills and got the kids to school.
Then they came.
They hovered over the major cities, such as San Francisco, for some time. We tried to communicate with them; we thought they were here for peace, and we could share technology and get to know each other a little more.
We were wrong.
The year is now 2014, and there are very few survivors left. I myself am one of the luckiest ones, for I managed to make it to this Scientific Research Center in Redwoods National Park. I'll come back to this later.
Anyways, the military is practically helpless against these aliens. Their technology is much too powerful, making ours look primitive in comparison. The soldiers get slaughtered before they even have a chance, and if they do manage to make it up close, they're slashed in half by the alien's scythe claws.
Now back to what I said earlier. I came here, and while I was here I developed a theory: if humans can't do anything to stop these things, then how about we get things that AREN'T human to try fighting instead?
That, dear Hero, is where you come in. You are what is called a 'video game character' here in our world. You come to ours through a complicated process I'll explain later with your powers, weapons, and abilities. Be careful, though- even though you are much more powerful than a normal human, you are still not immortal. You can be killed, just not as easily as we can, and sadly you only have one life here. If you die here, I must send you back to your game world where you left off, and you have little to no recollection of what's happened.
If you survive, however, and you manage to win this war...
Well, I'll tell you when you return.
You are the last hope for mankind. Please, do not fail us.
Good luck, Hero.

Thank you, Jason. Alright! Now that you're pumped, I need to go over a couple of RULES before you can join this RP. Please bear with me.
The forum rules are my rules as well, but I want to stress a few; for instance, NO GODMODDING OR POWERPLAYING. THESE ARE TOO ANNOYING FOR WORDS. On the same note, your characters are not invincible. Each one must get hurt at least once. Try to shoot for a little more; it is, after all, a war.
Remember, this is an action/adventure/sci fi RP, not a romance RP. There can be a little romance (for instance, Link and Zelda) but nothing over the top. THIS SHOULD BE VIOLENT, NOT ROMANTIC.
Please, let's keep the charrie limit at... Oh, maybe ten? Probably less. This keeps people from hogging characters and gives everyone a chance to be something they like. It's very hard to pick something if all of them are taken by one person who isn't even using them all.
Also, please try to be on at least once a week. I know most of you are busy, and I understand, but [hopefully] this will be an active RP and so needs active members. If there's someone else who's more active than you are and you haven't been on in a week, then the new person gets your character because they will actually be on to RP that character and not have them just sit around like deadweight. And please tell me if you're going out of town so I don't delete you by accident :P
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be semi literate as well! None of us want to decipher endless lines of something like this:
hey mario sed luigi wassup bro
Although I've seen much worse than that. Try to put some effort into making coherent sentences in your posts. Of you're talking out of character, though ()[]{} then you can do text talk to your heart's content!
I will probably be updating the rules a lot since I'll bet there's a lot of stuff I forgot, so please look back here regularly.
Yeah, that's it for now! HAVE FUN~";
Jason McRan (played by LuciferBrimstone) Topic Starter

IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT STUFF

About the SRC:
The SRC is located directly in the heart of the park, and is well camouflaged so it's hard to see if you're looking for it. One wall has restricted access and is available to scientists only- it's made entirely of glass, and if you're not careful, things outside can see you through the glass wall, and we don't want to accidentally give away our position.
On the way to the glass wall there's a war room of sorts and a weapons bunker. The bunker holds pretty much every gun known to man, so therefore it also has restricted access.
There's a small common room for the Heroes and scientists to chill out in before they go on missions and whatnot with several couches, chairs, and huge piles of books. The kitchen is attached to the common room so if you get hungry you can just go and make something in the toaster or microwave or whatever.
The labs are also attached to the common room; this is where the scientists spend most of their time. There's one large computer up on the wall showing where the Heroes are, since all of them have tracker chips in them, and next to it is another computer showing their vital stats (heart rate, breathing, ect.) There are other rows of monitors for other miscellaneous jobs and in the center of the room is a holographic map of the park. It shows where the enemies are, provided they haven't got some kind of technology suit on to jam the interference.
Finally, at the very far end of the complex, there's a row of dorms that serves as the housing. There are four Heroes in each room, and each room is only big enough to hold those four Heroes and two bunk beds. (That's why they spend most of their time in the common room or the kitchen.)
I'll try to get a picture up at some point.

About the Aliens
The aliens are the enemy. They have destroyed the world as we know it, and they are highly intelligent and dangerous.
The aliens measure roughly 6 or 7 feet tall and have needlelike teeth, red eyes, and a long whippy tail used to trip up their adversaries. Their eyes are like snake's eyes- they only see heat, so hiding in plain sight is out of the question. Their most dangerous features, however, are their tongues and their claws.
Their tongues are like chameleon's tongues- they shoot out with a range of 4 or 5 feet, grab the victim, and pull them in to be cut to pieces by either the claws or the teeth.
The claws are the most amazing feature. They're basically retractable scythes and they're razor sharp. Depending on the rank of the alien in question, the claws can range from 4 inches (a typical grunt's claws) or 18 inches (High Commander's claws). Either way, it's like having a set of swords on your knuckles.
Their technology is highly advanced, and not much is known about it. We do know that they mainly use pulse rifles as their standard long range weapons. Their are also apparent chips that they can use to see color and transform into humans as spies. They're very crafty and they're extremely dangerous. Try not to go near them, unless you're an expert swordsman and can block the scythes.
Right now they can be caught by surprise because they've gotten used to the earthlings not retaliating; another trick you could use is fire, since they have the heat vision, to hide in and hit and run. You just have to be equally clever to beat them and overcome their strengths.

I'll add more stuff as the story progresses.

MEMBERS AND THEIR CHARRIES: (Heroes are listed in Bold, Scientists are listed in Italics, and Aliens are listed Underlined.
Me: Kirby, Pit, Toon Link, Jason, High Commander
Oaky: Maxwell
Rememberance: Dherra
Minajerie: Mouse

NEWS:
~We be open
~Oaky joined as Maxwell
~Apparently Jason is quite tall O.o'
~Remembrance and Minajerie join as Dherra and Mouse
~Dherra likes to kill stuff
~Dherra and Mouse try to get into a fight but Pit and Jason stop them
~It is revealed that Maxwell has amazing Tiny Sparkly Elephant summoning powers

Le save

Yay we be open!
Maxwell (played by Oaky)

Looking around wide-eyed at the scene, the young boy blinked.

He saw Jason first, who startled him with his sheer size. (Maxwell is about waist-high compared to your average adult.)

Maxwell was confused, this place wasn't the side-scrolling, 2D cartoon world he loved so much. He instantly pulled out his pencil and trusty notebook.

LOLWUT

And suddenly Maxwell's head was five times its size! That felt about right. Maxwell gave Jason a questioning look, as if "Why am I here?"

"Long story, buddy," Jason sighed, taking Maxwell by the shoulder and steering him out the lab and taking him to the common room.
Pit looked up from a book, shuffling his wings tighter around his body like a feathery cocoon. "Another one?"
Jason nodded. "Yep."
Miscellaneous (played by Remembrance)

Dherra's blade pierced into the dark spawns spine while her sword swung around, cleanly slicing off the beasts head and leaving her splattered with the dark, nearly black, blood. Her chest heaved beneath her leather armor, adrenaline pumping through her veins, looking around to see if her companions were alright or if their were any more enemies to kill. Blissful silence. Alistair stood looking over a body, checked for useful supplies while Zevran, her lover, approached her, his grin infectious even while Lilianna said a prayer for the souls that were once within the dead.

The small dwarf quickly wiped off her blades and slipped them away. Her lover enjoyed the dance and death of their enemies and she had to admit, his opinion on the matter was rubbing off on her. Not to say she didn't already enjoy battle. She was a dwarf after all and had been next in line to have her own company for deep road excursions. The elf reached out to her as he drew near and her eyes seemed to drop out of focus, the edges of his body seemed to blur.

The woman frowned deeply and put out her arm, but the blur only grew worse. "Zevran!" Her blue eyes went wide and the world around her was replaced by... "What in the name of the ancesetors is going on?" Her daggers were drawn in less than a moment and her pose suggested agression as she stared out without comprehension.

Jason paused, glancing up from Maxwell. "I think another one's here... Will you go check real quick, Pit? I need to keep an eye on Maxwell here."
"Sure." Pit folded a page corner so he'd remember what page he was on in his book and strode to the lab. "Stop messing with the toaster, Kirby," he called as he passed the kitchen.
"Aw."
The angel poked his head in the lab, looking around.
Misc (played by Minajerie)

Mouse was making her way to the bridge. The Arbiter had called. There was a small incling of curiousity as to the reason, after all, it appeared the flood was defeated and they should be making their way back to the home world. The Covenant proving to be not as honorable as once thought.

It was but a few moments before she was on the bridge, facing the Arbiter. He had reminded all Elites just how prestigious and honorable the title was. Mouse had great respect for him. However, as he spoke he seemed to blur and then... there was a point of nothing.

And then something.

Mouse looked around without really moving, she was in some kind of lab. Not very high tech, probably a human's design. She was back on earth then. Glancing down....and then down some more, it appeared that there was a small...earthling with sparking blades in front of her, looking away. What was this place.... And why was she sent here? Perhaps this was the reason behind the Arbiter's words?

Dherra moved forward in the empty room, her pale eyes looking up and down, inspecting the area she was newly becoming aquianted with. The stone for the wall was nothing she'd ever seen before and the bits and pieces around the room reminded her of the blood mage from the Warden's Keep. She frowned deeply, lowering her arms to move forward more easily as a threat did not become evident. The room was bright and strange, different than she understood things. Where were the dark spawn, or skeletal horrors that she had come to expect? Where were her friends?

A sound behind her had her spinning on the spot, crackling blades rising immediately at the intruder. It took her less than a second to recognize someone as no threat to her. She lowered her deadly weapons once more and stood up tall, though 4'6" could hardly be considered such by human standards. "Where am I?" She stared at the boy in the doorway, demanding answers with her eyes as much as her words when the hair on the back of her neck rose.

The rogue spun on her feet and snapped her attention to the newest arrival in thie strange land. Unlike the one that had come to the door, this one... "Die dark spawn!" She shadow stepped to the left moving and coming up behind the giant beast with her blades spinning dangerously.

Pit frowned in concern. "Jason, they're trying to kill each other!"
"CRAP! I'M COMING!"
Until then, he decided to intervene so these two new people wouldn't end up dying on their first day. "Hey, it's okay- don't- maim each other," he stuttered, walking into the room with his wings flared slightly. "Just calm down."

Mouse had been watching the other female with wary eyes. Obviously a warrior. When she screamed a cry of challenge, she herself turned on her cloaking and moved to a different position so that she was not caught unawares by the equally invisible oponent. The only clue as to her own baddle readiness was the sound of ionized air and a faint whiff of ozone. Her energy sword was engaged and ready to strike down her enemies.

Barely giving a glance to the little winged thing, Mouse backed up, wary of the shadows. She would not be caught unaware. She needed a better position, but was unsure if the winged thing posed a threat as well.

Dherra fround as her prey disappeared from sight and paused where she stood. Her shadow step made her just as invisible as the dark spawn. Though this one was far taller than any she'd seen use the ability before. This was not a place that she was understanding. It seemed almost like it wasn't her world. The Dragon Age was more confusing than she'd ever thought it might be.

The winged male was given only a cursory glance as she shift her leather boots over the floor, moving to what she hoped would be a better position, considering she could not see her foe.

"Uhh- uhh- JASON!" Pit finally yelled, all his attempts to get their attention failing.
Jason skidded into the lab, his converses slipping on the tile. "WAIT! WAIT! DON'T ATTACK! HEY!"

Mouse had made her way to the corner to the right of the entrance, that way she had access to both escape as well as full veiw of everyone who was visible in the room.

Unsurprised by the male skidding into the room- he was loud and not trying to mask his movements, foolish. She held her figurative tongue as he shouted at them to wait and not fight. Well, she could wait. No harm in that, and stealth was always best for a suprise attack.

"Just settle down," Jason said, a little calmer now. "Chill out. You're teammates now, like it or not, so please don't kill each other. I don't want to send any of you back just yet."
Just then something exploded in the kitchen, quickly followed by maniacal laughter.
"Kirby!" Pit called, exasperated. "What'd I tell you about jacking with the toaster?!"
Kirby just laughed in response. "THAT WAS AWESOME!"

Dherra seemed to step out of the wall, coming forward and being seen since the first time the 'dark spawn' had arrived. Her head tipped to the side, looking up at everyone from less than five feet while she slowly slid her deadly, crackling blades away. "What do you mean, team? And what if I want to go back? I have darkspawn to kill and a kingdom to save!" Not to mention she wanted to be with Alistair, Zevran, and the others. It wasn't the same here. Though, being used to Morrigan in camp apparently meant that the loud bang from the other room didn't even startle her.

"Alright, look," Jason began, and he pretty much repeated the entire first post which I'm too lazy to retype. He added one other thing onto it, however:
"Time is frozen back where you came from, like a pause button. Nothing has happened; when you do finally go back, it'll pick up right where it left off. I made that specifically so nothing would happen to you guys or your friends while you were gone."
Maxwell (played by Oaky)

Maxwell was very frightened at this turn of events.

He looked down at the notebook in his hand, erased LOLWUT, and his giant head disappeared. This was quickly replaced with INVINCIBLE INDESTRUCTIBLE SUPERSONIC FLYING INVISIBLE SPACESUIT

Said object appeared in the room, and then a few seconds later it was placed on Maxwell himself who quickly disappeared.

INVINCIBLE INVISIBLE SILENT DEADLY RAY GUN

And lo, he was armed.

These people scared Maxwell, but now he wasn't scared. He would be just fine, especially being invincible and all.

He didn't speak, because, well, he simply didn't speak. It was part of his nature. Instead he wrote into existence a SPARKLY TINY ELEPHANT and threw it into the room. That oughtta throw em off.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Heroes of the Future

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus