Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Nice to meet you.

Hello everyone! I've been learning and exploring this forum for the last week and a half, so I figured now is the time to get my introduction out of the way. I really love this place and the design behind all of the little systems that make this website work so well!
I've spent a long time without a good place to meet people and write so I'm having a blast. There's so much content that I don't even know where to start. I've mostly been building character pages and searching for people to start Role Playing with.

Do me a favor though - when you reply, tell me a little about yourself. Name a couple of genres you most enjoy writing and reading. Tell me a few bands that you like to listen to for inspiration. Maybe your favorite colors? Whatever comes to mind! I like to think that introduction threads are a good place to learn about other people than just the thread author. Thank you!

About Me:
My name is Alex and I am turning 22 soon. I absolutely love to read and write. I grew up surrounded by books and first discovered Role Playing when I was a child. My father had Dungeons and Dragons books and I liked to make up stories with my friends. Around age ten I stumbled upon online Role Playing and immediately took to it. Since then I've been writing whenever I find inspiration.
For the past couple of years I have had a dry spell in Role Playing. My last decent forum died out in 2010. Ever since I discovered RP Repository I have been excited to get back into the habit of playing!

I love to discover and talk about music, so feel free to bring it up at any time. I don't bite so don't hesitate to strike up conversation with me in chat or messages or threads. If we're writing a story or in a game then you are welcome to include out of character discussion.

When it comes to the actual games/stories I am always willing to work with you on the characters and plot. If we get stuck then we can talk about it! I'm here to have fun and also to be amazed by all of the wonderful ideas that people come up with. I don't expect you to hold up to any sort of standard. If you feel it's necessary to write ten paragraphs or just one paragraph then both are fine. More is always appreciated but quality over quantity any day. I am not a grammar nazi because we all make mistakes. As long as it's English and coherent then I have no complaint!
Hiya there! Welcome to RPR Alex. ^_^

About Me: My name is Amber, I'm 19 years of age. Married & have a wonderful baby boy who is about 6 months. My favorite genres of music would be rock, heavy metal and a tad of screamo (with some others). Favorite bands at the moment are Bullet For My Valentine, Red, Motionless In White, & Peirce The Veil. I love to write fantasy based stories & dark themed sort of poems. I am also an artist, pencil & paper and graphic design. My two favorite colors are purple and a neon green. Animal is a wolf. Also a girl gamer (Final Fantasy, Call Of Duty, Devil May Cry, Borderlands, Dungeons & Dragons, Skyrim, Guild Wars, Etc..) Starting Roleplaying on the Neopets forms with one of my cousins when I was really little and went from there. Oh and I am horrid at spelling! XD Think that's about it hehe. :3
Lygos Topic Starter

Red! Hell yeah. You've got great taste in music and games. Neopets was the place that really got me hooked! Back in like 2001 I first found out what a Role Playing forum was. Before Neopets I was only doing one-liner games in odd chat rooms. I remember being totally psyched because I was amazed at how "serious" everyone was on Neopets. (Looking back I tend to laugh because of the post limits and the need to spam refresh on the web browser constantly) Good times. xD

Right now I play lots of Heroes of Newerth, World of Warcraft, Skyrim, and an odd puzzle game called Antichamber. On my list of stuff to play in the near future are Borderlands 2, Bioshock: Infinite, Guild Wars 2, and Starbound (Pre-Ordered!!).

My favorite colors are Blue (Aqua and steel), White, and forest Green. When it comes to art, the best I can do is abstract work like these fractals I made.

Thanks for the excellent welcome.
Welcome to this site. I just joined reccently too :)

About Me:
I am 14 years old. I like a lot of music but I like all kinds of metal. I also really like movies but the ones I really like are The Departed, Sin City, Inception, Reservoir Dogs, Alien, Aliens, The Dark Knight and Face/Off. I am a huge reader of books as well, I read a lot of Stephen King. I am a huge gamer, the games I'm playing at the moment are Assassins Creed 2, Batman Arkham Asylum and the Mass Effect Trilogy. I have a PS3. I am thinking about writing a book. I first discovered roleplaying on another site called Warrior Cats RPG. My favourite colour is black.
Lygos Topic Starter

Stephen King is my #1 author. My favorite works by him are the Dark Tower series, Duma Key, From a Buick 8, and his collections of short stories. If you've never read Stephen King's book called "On Writing" (literally it's all about writing but it also has a biography of his life growing up as a writer) then I highly recommend it! I learned more from that book about writing than I have from many years of Role Playing. It's also just as fun to read as his other books, because his style is concise and light.

Oh and The Departed is an amazing movie. I first watched it about a year ago by recommendation from a friend.

What type of genre would you think about writing a book in? I think that's really cool! I don't often hear of people starting to write books when they are young. If you've ever heard of National Novel Writing Month then that might be a good place to start.
I'm writing about a person who gets drawn into crime. The person's father used to be a gangster and the person's girlfriend's father was a gangster. But I plan on making it 2 parts.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome Lygos! You happen to have the same name as my fiancé, so for the sake of my own sanity I hope you don't mind if I call you Lygos instead. XD I'm happy to see you've been having such a good time around here!

I'm curious, what sort of genres do you enjoy playing? What are some of the things you enjoy most in roleplay?

Ah, um, I guess this is where I talk about myself? <.< It feels weird doing that on someone else's topic, but here goes nothing.

My real name is Sanne, I'm Dutch with English as my 4th language, I'm a crazy cat lady with two cats (one is deaf, the other is small from stunted growth), my favorite music is created by Daft Punk (I PREORDERED RANDOM ACCESS MEMORIES!!), I'm an artist since I was 13 and I've been a moderator on RPR for a while now. :D
Lygos Topic Starter

Feel free to call me Lygos.

I enjoy a wide variety of genres, but there are a few I will almost always participate in. Modern Fantasy and Science Fiction are my favorites. When it comes to Science Fiction I tend to avoid outer space. I like to stick to the technology and Transhumanism aspects of sci-fi. I prefer dark themes (World of Darkness pen and paper type) and blurring the lines between what is inherently good and evil. I love a good horror story but I haven't had a decent Role Play in that genre for a long time.
Of course I will play other genres and my only weak point is Historical Realism and Steam Punk. I just don't know enough about those two.

In a Role Play I most enjoy trying to bend people's perceptions. I will usually weave in some specific underlying character trait without mentioning it ahead of time. (Example: Mental illness, flaws, etc...) It just depends on the setting. I want the other player(s) to have a chance to discover things about the character that end up connecting dots on the personality. Anything to add a little more depth.

DAFT PUNK!! I can't wait for the new album. It's gonna be amazing. :D
Thank you for taking the time to welcome me. I always appreciate it when Moderators have a positive presence around websites!
MY TURN!!

Name = Emily
Gender = Female
Age = 26
Nickname = Dratz
Children = Two girls (2 and 3)
Hobbies = Role playing, Watching anime (my list is crazy long), Reading, Trolling on Imgur
Bad Habbits = Smoking, Nail Biting, Belching, Swearing, Being Lazy
Music = Most genra's other than screamo I like my eardrums right where they are thank you. Oh and a good chunk of Rap..most of it just makes me wanna slap the ass who made it
Personality = I'M FING TAPPED!! Honestly though 90% of people say I'm one of the easiest chicks to talk to because frankly I don't give two shits about the majority of things in life cuz a bitch aint got time for that.
Quirks = I sleep with a teddy bear, I can't stand my glasses being dirty in any way, I will automaticly correct anyone who pronounces my oldest daughters name wrong in one of the most sarcastic/pissy tones you'll hear (even my mother) Walking barefoot or in sandles on sand, Wearing my sandles from the moment its warm enough until snow once more covers the ground, Refering to myself in the third person (Emmy does this constantly) Refering to myself as a guy on most websites
Fears = The dark, Spiders, Clowns, Spiders, Putting my hands where I can't see, Spiders, Swimming in the ocean, Spiders, Being alone for the rest of my life..oh and did I mention spiders?
Current location = I'm in the tub
Hiya Lygos, welcome to rpr :) its a real nice place here. I hope you find lots of potential partners,

About me?
Well, my name is Cully, some people call me Reeno, some call me Raine. I am 21 years old. I just finished my junior year of university (woohoo) and I am studying East Asian studies and Studio Art. As for hobbies, I do enjoy drawing a lot, playing games like: Dragon Age, Skyrim, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Guild Wars 2, etc. As for music, my favorite artist is Susumu Hirasawa. He has beaauuutiful music that inspires my art quite often. As for role playing, I have been rping for about 4-5 years now and I have recently gotten back into rping again. I love to rp currently as Raine and Zayne. Hmmm what else... I usually only play in fantasy settings and I have done a few skyrim rp's. I have one old skyrim rp thats been one of my favorite rps ever, but when I do a skyrim rp my favorite plot line is when Raine is the leader of the Dark Brotherhood XD. I change up the brotherhood a little bit and make them... I guess less evil. Some people don't like that, but thats alright. But yeah, thats about it XD
Fox

Hello. ^^

I've seen/spoken to you a few times in chat, but I suppose this offers a good chance for me to actually introduce myself!

I don't really like to give out my real name, Mew is something I've been called since I was very little. It's a nickname derived from the Pokemon, since apparently I have a likeliness. I hide, watch people curiously and nobody can catch me. :3

My musical tastes are way too vast for me to center on any one band... But, to name a few, I love Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Therion & Within Temptation. Basically, I like anything with lyrics that I can relate to. But, I also love atmospheric music and soundtracks.

As far as RPing goes, I've been into it for maybe...seven, years now? Although, I started only through persona RPing; acting as myself on the internet through a personalized character. Only just around a year ago have I gotten into making other characters, and broadening my RPs. I favor 'furres', anthropomorphic creatures. ^^
I know that I am saying something different but how about all of us do a role play together? We know each other and we can test out our role playing skills.
I'm playing catch up with newbies!

Welcome Lygos! I'm so glad that you jumped in and got into the swing of things. It's really difficult not to fall in love with this place, I know I did. I realized about two weeks in... I didn't stand a chance lol. The people here are friendly and helpful and there is very little drama (outside the stories of course).

hmmm, a little about me.

Well, I'm Highjinx, you can call me Jinx though (or Jinxy... which people seem to like lol) I'm 27, have a deep abiding love for historical RP, but love just about every other kind too. I ready everything... mystery, horror, romance, paranormal... cookbooks (no really, TrueBlood and Game of Thrones fan and official cookbooks... WAY worth looking into lol). Music is the same. I'm a media junkie... an incredibly geeky media junkie lol. What else... oh, I live in Japan currently and my favorite color is a blue that I haven't found a specific name for.

Welcome again! <3

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Nice to meet you.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus