Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Post something positive about your day. ♡

I pet a cute puppy, which was a golden retriever, today.
Saw a UFO!

April fools! I didn't really see a UFO. But wouldn't it be cool if I had? Well, I guess it depends on the friendliness of the alien race.
Claine Moderator

Sanne Moderator

I got sterilized!! :D :D
Sarvigothe

I'm excited about today, I've got a doctor's appointment to manage a genetic problem I have, so I'm looking forward to that! :D
I honestly love the idea of this topic!

Today I had my weekly violin lesson and even though it's a regularly scheduled thing I always look forward to it so much I get totally excited and feel like a completely happy little weirdo when I walk home with a big fat smile to myself afterwards. It just always makes my day to learn something new on this wonderful instrument and even though I only started at the age of 28 (!) a few months ago, I feel so much love for this pretty little thing already <3

So today's little positive lesson might be: never be afraid to start something new even though many people could say you might be 'too old now' because most people start at a way younger age. It's not about any kind of competition, but to be happy :)
Today I woke up on time, didn't fall back asleep, and stayed awake throughout all of my first class! That's an achievement, as lately I've been having trouble with my sleep. Now I just have to stay awake the rest of the day...
Not today but yesterday...or the day before...or was it a couple days ago (idk exactly when the days are kinda running together right now)....

Recently I returned to a job that I left well over a year ago, a job that I worked at for 3 years before leaving for another job. The positive thing here is regular customers remember me and are happy to see me (and they're even happier when I remember their order.)

One older gentleman said, "It's nice to see you're back kid. Everyone here is so grumpy all the time, and you're always happy. It's nice to see a smile when we're in the restaurant."

Something so very small made my day and returning to a crap job that much more bearable.
Pineapple wrote:
Not today but yesterday...or the day before...or was it a couple days ago (idk exactly when the days are kinda running together right now)....

Recently I returned to a job that I left well over a year ago, a job that I worked at for 3 years before leaving for another job. The positive thing here is regular customers remember me and are happy to see me (and they're even happier when I remember their order.)

One older gentleman said, "It's nice to see you're back kid. Everyone here is so grumpy all the time, and you're always happy. It's nice to see a smile when we're in the restaurant."

Something so very small made my day and returning to a crap job that much more bearable.

Love this story
I saw this guy I used to work with in the teacher breakroom of the school I was working at today. He's an English teacher (a GREAT one), and he said he was just talking about me the other day. He said he doesn't have any ESL sections anymore, but that he was talking to the teacher who does that now and said, "oh yeah, when I was doing that, I had this really great lady that came in and helped me." He was talking about when I did ESL tutoring for the same school district I work for now, as a sub. That was a really nice thing for him to say; we have a lot of mutual respect for each other. I loved tutoring in his class. It was nice to hear that compliment, especially because almost every day I feel like I do a mediocre-to-bad job as a substitute teacher, so that lifted me up.
I had some bangin lemon cake earlier today.
JustAGuy

My Legend of Zelda pocket watch arrived today!

Pics(sorry for the bad quality)
Screenshot-2019-04-02-at-8-36-16-PM.png
Screenshot-2019-04-02-at-8-36-47-PM.png

I've been waiting for this forever!
So the temperature today is in the low 80s (Fahrenheit), after a week of being in the 50s. However, one of the fraternities on campus set up a stall selling ice cream and floats with unlimited toppings, for just $2-3! I caught them right as they were closing up shop, but they let me get some ice cream and sloppily pile chocolate chips and whipped cream onto it. It was a lovely way to cool down after walking halfway across campus and back.
Malachite wrote:
So the temperature today is in the low 80s (Fahrenheit), after a week of being in the 50s. However, one of the fraternities on campus set up a stall selling ice cream and floats with unlimited toppings, for just $2-3! I caught them right as they were closing up shop, but they let me get some ice cream and sloppily pile chocolate chips and whipped cream onto it. It was a lovely way to cool down after walking halfway across campus and back.

Nice.
Starwarsfan

I had my birthday party !
Rogue-Scribe

I’m going back to work after two weeks?
Not sure thats a positive but I do need the pay.
Starwarsfan wrote:
I had my birthday party !

Happy birthday
Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
I’m going back to work after two weeks?
Not sure thats a positive but I do need the pay.

Happy back-to-work day
It's raining, and I love the rain.
Rogue-Scribe

It was a beautiful day. I went to work and I enjoyed it, and came home to my loving wife and had a great evening!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Post something positive about your day. ♡

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus