Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Post something positive about your day. ♡

Successfully moved my entire apartment into my new place and only felt like dying twice.

That’s a record.
Hades_

Plenty of happy things happened today, but one key thing for me was that I tried a new edamame I can make at home and it tastes amazing. I get to add my own salt to it so I can control the amount. I looooove it. I love edamame. <3
nightmqre

insert happy squealing here

I got the number of a boy I reaaaaaaally like. I was terrified when I asked him and overjoyed when he wrote it on my hand.

...now I just need to work up the courage to ask him on a coffee date. 🤔
EarlyGrey Topic Starter

@Static: You can do it! :) Just be yourself. <3

Today my giant snorlax plush arrived! XD I'm so excited. I've started stuffing him already and he's a monster! He's going to be SUCH a cutie when he's finished. I'm just a big kid really and I wouldn't have it any other way!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

This morning or last night. My band was exceptionally happy with my vocals, back up vocals and my bass playing.
Rogue-Scribe

SexySultryBabe wrote:
This morning or last night. My band was exceptionally happy with my vocals, back up vocals and my bass playing.

Rock on!

Today I’m working on getting this house’s contents moved interstate. Getting quotes and such. The big positive was my cat was extra lovey this morning. Nothing like getting woken up by a big head-bonk!
I'm in upstate NY. I hate the snow, the temperatures. But the reason why I'm here is because my brother in law was in a horrific car accident, resulting in a head injury.

But... Within the few days I've been here, I went from staying by his side in ICU, to watching him start to speak again, to talking with him about helping him move out to Washington state so he can start his new IT job.

This week had been quite the rollercoaster. But I'm scheduled to fly back home tomorrow. I started this trip, fearing that I was going to lose him and I'm ending it with all smiles.

Bonus points: The wicked cold I acquired within the first 24 hours of being here has finally subsided as well!
I've been watching some old cartoons with my nieces and nephews. Having a bit of a nostalgia trip.
Mina Moderator

I had to go to the dentist, which obviously is never a good day. But he fixed a visible cavity when I was under the impression that he wouldn’t be able to get to it today. I didn’t notice til I saw my reflection in the car.

I feel pretty again. Yeah okay I’m not crying, you’re crying.
Hades_

After having a really good energy releasing cry and amazing talk with a good friend, Demilicious took me out for a fantastic dinner date at a restaurant near by. We got to have super amazing crab and shrimp dip and our favourite wings! Blueboys. Blue cheese with a special house made sauce.
So good!
Now back home in time for a nap before work. Huzzah!
Rogue-Scribe

A friend and former workmate brought his trailer over yesterday snd we’be been filling it with crap we don’t want to move interstate. Been sweating a lot today but feel like I got a really good workout (yesterday too). Tomorrow I’ll have a couple moving company reps drop by and give me a quote.

But you just want one thing positive about my day. Tok a break from the relocation work and went to see Captain Marvel! Another positive is I’ll be BBQ’ng Lamb, Mint, and Holoumi hamburgers for dinner!
Sanne Moderator

I've been bedridden since Wednesday. (CW: personal hygiene issues/bodily functions. I couldn't leave the bed at ALL from pain and exhaustion, so I've been trying to pee while laying down and unable to lift my hips to use a bedpan. There are no real options for people without penises, so it's been a real battle.)

Yesterday I managed to stand up and shuffle a couple of feet into the bathroom, then back to bed. It hurts like a son of a gun, BUT I DID IT!!
I woke up before 10. It's going to be an awesome day.

Also, my cat's come to say good morning; that means he's sitting next to my bed and staring at me, but we'll see if I can't call him up here with a little smile and some tongue-clicking.

EDIT: Good kitty!
This actually happened yesterday but I was a bit busy, so here goes!

My birthday was last week. I thought I'd gotten all my gifts, but a few came a bit late!

0wRmuEx.jpg

What's especially special to me about these Sailor Moon charms is that the little one I'm caretaking actually bought these for me with her own money that she had saved up for a shopping spree for herself.

She's 8, ya'll. She remembered how much I love Sailor Moon and got me a birthday gift with money she originally saved up for herself.

I even offered to pay back however much it was and she said no, as did her parents.

These mean the world to me and they're all currently hanging on my wall in various places near my desk. ♡
EarlyGrey Topic Starter

The last two days have been kinda rough going for me - so in hindsight I'm going to give a couple of positives over them both. ♡

Assessments at work went really well, I'm really proud of all the swimmers in my class for their effort and I can see the improvements that they've all made.

I found an advert for a job that sounds so much better than my current position, and in my local area! (That's a rarity here.) I don't mean to get my hopes up, but I'm applying to it and at the very least, it will give me some good experience in job hunting.

I've made some plans with an old school friend to meet up one weekend soon. She's always kept in touch with me when others haven't, so I feel really thankful that I have her in my life. <3
I got two art pieces today! Both of which I love so much.

BWc3nN7.png

Vanessa, Nafiya, and Azrael my and a friends poly/bi 'couple' drawn by DarkCrow

Nafiya.png
and Nafiya draw by MsMari :D

Both really made my day after struggling with chronic pain flare ups the last week and having no spoons. <3 <3
For the first time, I felt really comfortable on a motorcycle today. I think I'm starting to get the hang of riding. it's definitely the first time I've gotten off a bike in a good mood (even when I got my CBT certificate, I felt a little uncertain and any positive feelings were more relief than anything else).

Plus there were some polite drivers on the road today that made me feel a little less negative about road traffic. Now if only every driver could be so nice, then the roads will be such a better place.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

I started my first 2 solo albums.
Rogue-Scribe

SexySultryStephanie wrote:
I started my first 2 solo albums.

I’ll pre-order one of each!

I covered a lot of kliks today leaving only about 600+ for tomorrow.
A close friend of mine passed away, but the most positive thing to come out of this is that it brought me closer to another friend I've been distant with for some time.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Post something positive about your day. ♡

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus