Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Resistance In Rio

Arik Taranis (played by HRA)

Lucas Cabos wrote:
[ I don't care, but I personally like the idea]
Just do you know what you are up against.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Tyranids
Raden Clark (played anonymously)

((Thanks for the link but I already know what tyranids are. :) ))

((How?))
[ Yea i do, I have play the game, War hammer 40k but never got into it because i'm so inpatient trying to create each soldier at a time. I like the game though.]

Well then. Less talking, more RPING!
Lucas has been up on the tallest point at the fort for hours. Each shot he took seemed to take longer to take, harder to take, and the longer and harder a shot took the more drouzy he got. Luke felt as if he could sleep right there and then in the middle of the invasion. "SNAP back into Lucas!" Luke said to himself as if that would do the trick. Lucas has not sleep d in five day's straight because he had been fighting all night in a hell of a war. Or a commander would give him the night shift. He had to fight first sleep later that was the rule. "fight first sleep later." and he repeated this until he fired his last bullet in his rusty old mag, and then simply fell asleep.
While it turned night, they prepared for their launch. Each man got into their armor, and in groups of twelve, boarded the drop pods. They were ready to take on the Tyranids with everything they had. Titan Carriers readied their loads, complete with Imperial Guardsmen. The Entire Army Group A, and Army Group C were going to help free the planet of this threat.

As soon as Lucas drifted to sleep, the pods flew through the air, and Thunderhawk gunships screamed in the night. It was a dazzling light show, with the pods trailing fire as they hit the ground. The fighters came in, strafing and shelling the enemy positions, and targeting the larger ones with missiles.

As soon as the pods hit the ground, the Marines disembarked, followed and led by Arik, Ascrith, and Corinth. Arik led the rescue and sniper groups, Ascrith focused on destroying the enemy, and Corinth lead the Armored groups to victory. Vladimir, meanwhile, was battling a large enemy far off, leading the Imperial Guardsmen to victory after victory.

The marines pelted the slicks with hundreds of Boltgun rounds, blasting apart even the bigger ones, but lost some men. Ascrith was fighting his way through the front, trying to get to Raden to apologize. He smashed aside dozens, and cut down over 20 with one swing of his sword and shield. His guns fired deadly sized slugs, each 25mm, and killed hundreds alone. He fought his way to the wall, where he and his squad began fighting them.

Large explosions littered the night, be it Artillery, the Titans, or Corinth's Armored group, they still were loud. Corinth, in his Dreadnought Armor, led a daring assault on the biggest concentration of Slicks: The Carnifex. It was a huge one, but not too huge. Corinth himself took him on, blasting into him with his minigun, and then engaging in close combat with his power fist.
"Whooaa!" Lucas shouted as he heard a unsettling noise as if metal hit dirt. He did not know how long he had been asleep but long enough for thing to go bad to horribly wrong. He did not dare to look up, but he knew he had no choice but do the opposite of what his consensus told him to do. Lucas creep up the cracked stone brick wall and what his reaction was if he saw an angel come down from heaven. Reinforcements. Well that is what he hoped,but he had no intention on helping the slicks that for sure. He reached over to grab his sniper rifle. Pulled the safety off, look through the scope, dile in the wind speed and distance, fire. This was the perfect time to do it because they did'nt know where Lucas was and with the camouflage he had it was be almost superhuman to be able to find him. Lucas was crouched down next to a supple crate that had the same camouflage as he did so he would look just like a another supple crate with a crap loud of food and water.

Arik had just finished securing the nearest city, and moved to take out the Slick leaders. He found Lucas in a weird camouflage, and near the wall. He decided to join him, and catch up to his kill rate. He knew Lucas wouldn't be happy, but he didn't care. Lucas could enjoy his company for the time being. He had his cloak and rifle out, and began running to Lucas.

"Lucas, mind if I join you?" Arik asked, gun ready and cloak on.
"Sure I need all the help I can get." Lucas replied to the mans comment. Lucas has gain confidence. He didn't know if it was the sleep(that he wasn't proud of) or it was the kill streak he was on. As sad as it was the kill streak gave him self of mind.

The previous war, before there was aliens destroying cities, and government tensions. Lucas was a sniper In the U.S army. He Loved when he could take his time on a target. He killed generals and other high in command officers. He also loved the wind on his sweaty face. To him that was what he called relaxing in the military.

Lucas was going to enjoy the mans company. He achally hasn't seen Raden sense he went to a better spot for his sniping ability to take place. He hasn't seen any of his teammates sense the crash that took place fifteenth miles from here either. That was his plan when he got at the camp, he was hoping one of the other members of his sniping squad would be here but no one he knew was here.

Now Lucas doesn't know what to do. He better figure out a plan quick or he'll be dead by sunset.

"So, Lucas, how many kills do you have?" Arik asked, taking out his gun, and running to the hill nearby. His plan was to cover Lucas in case something decided to take a swing at him. He still had his cons, though, so they could talk. Arik took out five clips, and laid his sniper rifle in the grass, and then laid down, grabbing the handle.

The rifle was a massive weapon. It was a 31.75mm Anti Material rifle used by only the best Snipers in The Empire. It was painted black, and had a barrel clip of over 40 rounds underneath the stock, to reduce the barrel length. He had straight out clips, and none of the barrel clips anymore. But still, he had a lot of ammunition. The scope was large, and could zoom in to over three miles, which was the effective range of the gun.

He loaded a round into the chamber, the bolt pulling back with a loud bang, and aimed at the nearest Carnifex leaders. He fired, the gun shouting loudly, and pushing against his shoulder. The massive spent cartridge shot out of the open chamber, and he loaded another round in. Kill one. Now he had to kill fifty more. He turned to the next one, and fired.
"fifty" Lucas said as if it was a challenge. "I can do this all night." Challenge accepted. Lucas has always enjoyed a tough challenge, and that joy of challenge probably came from school.

He was never a straight A students, Heck he rarely got straight C's. In high school it was the toughest for him and sometimes he would cry at night because of it. The only thing that he seemed to be good at was shooting a sniper rifle, and the more he shot the rifle the more he got better at math and a great deal of other classess.

Shooting a sniper takes a big portion math. Why? That is because you have to calculate the wind speed, altitude, and at least 3 other things to the scope.

By the end of the year Lucas became a straight A student all because of shooting a cheap rifle that was bought from Walmart.

Another one down, that is five in a row so fifty-five. Lucas thought to himself. He looked over to the man. He wasn't doing to bad himself. He had one of the longest ranged snipers that was made in history. This guy wasn't just some ordinary sniper, he had some special training. Commander maby? Lucas could't tell, but he knew that he started to like this guy.

"Who are you"? Lucas said to the man.

(sorry I edited some)

"Fifteen, now," Arik said, shooting his gun. His armor absorbed the recoil, and there wasn't too much, since it was fixed by a special recoil system, that actual moved the barrel instead of the entire gun. He still felt it, but it wasn't that bad. Not as bad as the receiver. Each time the bullet hit, it blew a hole in the enemy large enough to rip a human to shreds.

There wasn't much of the heads left when he went through with them. While Lucas used a 50 caliber weapon, or a 12.7mm round, he used a 31.75mm round, which left gaping holes in anything, and used a cartridge almost as large as a human hand.
Lucas grasp a grenade from his hip and then pulled the pin out with his teeth, and chucked the grenade to the nearest group of slicks. The group was torn apart limb by limb. He hasn't seen such carnage in his life. He could already feel the nauzy and chicken sandwich he had had for lunch. His ears were buzzing as loud as if he ran right into a land mine.

Lucas has shot, cut, and killed many people in his life, but complete carnage was that line he could not cross. Lucas can not pass out or he will be shot and this time, he might be killed. It seemed that the world around him was moving. If he passed out it would be the end of him.

Lucas fell to the floor and blacked out. When he woke he gasp a deep air of breath which immediately resulted in pain to his left hand. He did not pass out he was shot. "Thank god." Lucas thought to himself. "I thought I was going to pass out."

((How can Raden come back in?))
[Lucas Cabos(my player) just got shot in the hand so you could find me on the floor blacked out?.]

Arik kept his word, and as he said, he covered Lucas. He fired round after accurate round to the nearest group, killing two or more with a single shot. These things didn't know that Arik was even alive, but the smarter ones did. And they feared him and his army. There was getting to be too many of them, and soon, he would have to go into defense mode. He hated that.

Raden looked at Lucas and the space marine. He sprinted to their cover. He rolled and shot a few of those wretched aliens in the forehead. "You tend to Lucas's wounds I got the filthy bastards." Raden sprinted toward a small group of them and dodged their claws then firing into them knocking them down. He spin kicked one in the face then doing a downward cut with his knife sticking it in its spine imoblizing it.

Arik used his insight into the anatomy of the human being to help out. He covered the wound with a disinfectant, gave him morphine, and bandaged the wound. Then he got the blood to stop bleeding, and put a second set of bandages on it. It looked bad, but he was glad they weren't too evolved, otherwise he would be in trouble.

He noticed something, though. Genestealers. They were coming closer, and he got out his pistol. He took a few shots, blasting them apart with one shot each. The noise was deafening. He covered Lucas, and took a few shots, but most didn't get through his armor. Eventually the scouts were killed, but something was coming.

He heard that the ship found a Hive Fleet moving in, and now wasn't the best time. He ordered them to call for reinforcements, and try not to be destroyed. That was all he could do.

"Watch out, Raden! We got a Hive Fleet coming in! ETA 3 days!" Arik shouted, slinging Lucas over his shoulder, and calling for a Thunderhawk. The gunship came, and Arik put Lucas inside, along with Lysander, his captain. The doors closed, and he let them go to the ship to get medical attention. But Lucas left before he could slam it shut.

As soon as he left, he took out his Heavy Bolter, opening fire with 25mm rounds, shelling the monsters with anger and death at every turn. His weapons clanged against his body, but he didn't care. He was beating them to death with every shot.
Lucas knew that he was helpless. With a hole through his hand he could barely lift a pen. He slowly grabed his pistol with his left hand, and slightly jogged to the entry way of the fort. When he saw at least five slicks, he leaped out of the slicks line of sight. Lucas should have know there would be breaching the front gate.

Luke had an idea, but he would have to get rid of the slicks first. He leaped out of cover shooting five perfect shot while prosiding to the kills. Once he got to the slicks he made sure each one was dead before moving to the truck for his idea come alive.

Back when he was at the cover trying to avowed the slicks. Lucas saw some explosives, and decided that he would put them in the truck, and have a brick on the gas pedal to drive to the middle of the battle field to explode. This would deal with great number of slicks.

He walked over to the trucks putting each explosive devise strategically till the truck was full. After that he dropped the brick on the gas pedal,and he jumped back hoping that the door would not slam in his face. He waited, and he waited till he heard the boom.

(Ignore lol)

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Resistance In Rio

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus