Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Resistance In Rio

Raden Clark (played anonymously)

He raised an eyebrow. "From where exactly? May I ask?" He stood up. "May I have clearance to speak, sir?" He gestured toward the holo-planet.
Lucas was surprised to the reaction of the girl. "I didn't mean to make you cry." Lucas said. "I can go if you want...by the way my name is Lucas Cabos." He shook the girls hand. Now Lucas was feeling really bad about what he did. He never like to see anyone cry Lucas didn't know why,but it just made him feel dark, and gloomy inside.
The Emperor (played by HRA)

Raden Clark wrote:
He raised an eyebrow. "From where exactly? May I ask?" He stood up. "May I have clearance to speak, sir?" He gestured toward the holo-planet.

The Emperor nodded, and smiled, but he knew all too well that something was going to happen. But first, he had to answer the question. Preparing to speak, he brushed his hair back, and said:

"I come from another Galaxy, the closest one to Earth. That is what I am The Emperor of: Mankind," He explained, then stood aside, allowing Raden to speak.

"Okay, Emperor of all Mankind, I have a small battle plan." He pointed at a small segment of land where the united states should be. "My rebellion is fending off North America to establish the New United States." He pointed at five different areas. "These are the five main headquarters for the New United States. They have the most technology and they are the most heavily guarded and defended from aliens." He zoomed in on the area until you could see the 3D facility. "This is the one we are located at now. As you can see we have small camps littered throughout a reasonable perimeter, and we have many watch towers throughout the city." He then zoomed back out. "If you can help me defend these areas we can save North America and make a stable civilization there."

The Emperor looked at him, judging his sarcastic comment as rather rude, but dismissed it. He listened to the battle plan, and thought about it for a bit. It sounded nice, and he zoomed in on the hologram to show New York and Chicago. He noticed one problem. There wasn't any Anti Air defenses.

"I see. This is good and all, except for two facts. One, you don't have Anti Aircraft guns or missiles at the fortresses. I suggest anywhere from 20mm to 125mm should do the trick, and a few Valkarie missiles. Two, a perimeter would work only AFTER the invasion starts," The emperor said, showing him the perimeter. He circled a large area of the fortress of Chicago, which encompassed the camps, perimeter, and fortress. "This is where the spores will land. Now, each one can carry either a very big Carnifex, or a couple hundred Genestealers, or worse. If you draw your men into the fortress, and concentrate your anti aircraft fire here, then you can effectively cut off any chance of them getting into the fortress from above. Unfortunately, you will still have the problem of an outside force.

Luckily, I think I have prepared for that. Using a few of my Siege Mortars, I believe we can set up an artillery position here, with anything from 106mm to 280mm guns. Now, that will be protected on it's own, but hidden to the Tyranids. Tell me, do you have Naval power? I'm assuming you haven't gotten past water craft. But anyways, that is why I have my Armored Columns. See, if we can punch a hole through here, to the entrance of the fortress, we will be able to secure a direct line to every other one. From there, we can use the Armored forces as artillery, AA, and Carnifex Killers."
She smiled a little bit. "No, it's fine, you can stay if you want." She scooted over on her cream sheeted bed and patted the open area. "Sit down with me please." She brushed a few strands of hair out of her eyes and patted the open area again. "Again, I insist."
Lucas sat down with Claire. He discussed the things that he thought would not make her cry or have her get angry. Like he talked about his favorite type of pie which of course was lemon margarine, and he also listened to the things she had to say. By the time they where done talking Lucas looked at his watch for the first time when they sat down together. It was already 1:00. "Wow. Its late, I think I better get some rest before sunrise."

Lucas said goodbye to Claire, and he slowly walked down the halls of the ship. He didn't realize it till the next day, but as soon as he walked into his cabin he plopped onto his bed, and fell asleep almost instantly.

Raden nodded at the Emperor's proposal. "I guess we should pull out our anti-aircraft mechanisms. And yes, we do have a heavy amount of naval power. I guess you could say we rule the sea at the most sir." Raden's walkie-talkie buzzed to life with commotion. "One second please, sir." He held the walkie-talkie to his ear. The man on the other line spoke. "The Southern Rebellion is requesting a meeting immediately." Raden sighed. "What for?" The man on the other line was about to speak until someone grabbed the walkie-talkie from him. "To discuss why the hell you are cooperating with these space freaks. I have one of their ships in my country for god's sakes!"

"Yes, well, if we set up the ships on the borders of the sea ports, and the great lakes, we can basically have a mobile heavy artillery position of which we can bombard enemy positions. Plus, it has the advantage of air power if we need it," The Emperor said, waiting for Raden. He let him talk, but he was surprised when he heard the man shouting. He raised his hand, and said: "Our ships don't enter the atmosphere..."

Raden's mood darkened then he looked back at the Emperor. "Then what is it?"

"God prove me wrong, but... I think it's them. Quick, what does the ship look like? Does it look pale?" The Emperor asked, worried about whether or not the Tyranids were here.

The leader on the other line paused for a moment then came back and responded. "Yes, why? What is wrong?"

The Emperor grabbed the walkie talkie, and shouted into it: "FIRE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE, GODDAMN IT! IT'S THE TYRANIDS!"

The other line paused for a bit then shouted. "Shit!" Their was commotion on the other line then deafening explosions. Then for a bit silence, then more gunshots than thought possible were fired. The leader on the other line spoke once again. "We need back-up! I repeat, we need back-up!"

"Reposition ships four, five, and nine over to the northern hemisphere! I want four hundred marines ready to drop at a moments notice! Get the Excelsior online, and order her to begin an orbital bombardment of these coordinates!" He shouted, moving over to the other side of the War Room. He pressed a few buttons, and got the Air Marshal online. He ordered him to move squadrons 10 through 20 over to the area of most resistance, and begin a bombing campaign and strafe the Carnifexes.

Overhead, in space, the fleet got ready to engage any ships they see, which was getting to be soon. Their scanners picked up five hundred ships of the Hive Fleet Levithan, and they were closing in fast.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Resistance In Rio

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus