Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Lief Thous (played by AmberShades)

"I'm afraid there are no disagreements." He flashed a smile. He didn't want to back down from giving away his father's dagger so carelessly, but he did feel the amounts of regret and guilt pouring over him. He murmured a small apology for being so reckless before rising his head once again, a grin creasing his lips.

"An arrow, please?" He extended his hand, sending one last look to the weapon with a small wince.

This had to be the dumbest bet he's ever made. Aside from the one where he had dealed his own home and stallion for a ride two towns away. Though, he had played a trick on the man he had given 'his' home to, and the stallion was close to old age, so the only thing it was good at was decorating the front lawn. Like a fool, Lief had put the keys to someone else's home in the hands of a sketchy man whom had nothing to do but name high prices to travel. He lived to regret that decision.

Maybe he would actually make the target. Maybe he could place another bet and win his father's dagger back. He wasn't sure, but he knew one thing;

He must've been a fool to be so careless and walk with too much pride.
Ember AKA Audenzia (played anonymously)

Ember nodded and readjusted the grip she had on the airow, still holding the color flag, and offered it to Liefthous. There were two airows left, one of the two was being given the man currently. Through he will to want to win the bet, she also wanted Liefthous to win. The point of the plan was to cheer him up, but if he lost, he wouldn't be happy. The red-head felt a flicker of doubt cross her mind and guilt drown her stomach.

"Whenever you are ready.", came her softer voice, still equally firm.

He nods, taking the arrow. He made sure he was equal with the board before turning his back to it, muttering apologies underneath his breath the entire time.

Much like before, the thief's hand moved forward before he reared it backwards in a swift motion, and he flinched as he felt the arrow whip past his ear. It had startled him, hearing the sound the arrow made while slashing through the air.

He turned around, wincing as the arrow brushed the bottom of the board before meeting the ground. It clattered, rolling to its left until it hit the wall and gained balance.

He turned to Ember and shrugged with a weak smile. "Well! It looks like I missed! Whatever shall I do?" He was being sarcastic, snickering. "Just like I said. I'm a terrible shot. Just take the dagger, would you? You win. This is out of my league." He rolled his eyes with a soft smile.

Ember wiggled the last airow, trying her best to copy Liefthous' smile. "One more Liefthous. There is chance.", she attempted to reason with him, with a small tilt of her head. The man was quite against himself all the time and it made her feel a bit sad.

The red-head brought the airow to her lips, placing it on them for a time with her eyes closed, mumbling incoherently. She was careful not to accidentally brush the sharp end on her. Not a day went by without the Leader taking a moment to appreciate her chances given to her. She taught herself something along the lines of a prayer to express her gratitude; the woman thought maybe he needed the same thing. A few seconds go by and she stopped, pulling it away from her and offering it to the male.

He chuckled, taking the arrow from her grasp. "Well, someone's a little stubborn." He joked, alining his back with the board for the final time.

Much like his first two attempts, he did the same motions with his hand. Only, the arrow didn't go as far. It barely reached the halfway point, and, even then, it didn't get stuck in the ground like the first, either. With a click of his tongue, he ducked his head and laughed before meeting her eyes. "Terrible shot." He chortled at himself, leaning back on his heels as he tucked his hands into his pockets. He immediately regretted leaning back, for the pain arose again. He shifted, keeping his weight on the opposite leg. He didn't seem to make a big deal out of it.

Ember watched the airow go and land, less of distance than before. Guilt pranged in her chest and she gulped lightly, only keeping eye contact for a short while. "It was sabotage. It was bad luck.", the red-head tried to justify the previous events.

This wasn't what she was hoping for. Now she'd have to think of an even better plan of making Liefthous even more happy than what this was going to bring him.

He raised an eyebrow. "..No worries. You won the bet." He walked to the table, flipping his dagger once before catching it by the hilt. He gestured the dull side towards her, smiling. "Just take care of it. It's not a big deal."

Though it was one of his father's possessions, Lief didn't know if he would truly miss it. His father wasn't the kindest to him, but yet he still felt guilty in some way. In addition, his father was the one who had sent him to an orphanage, then military camp, then kicked him from the house after he continued to find his way back to his home. So, why should he miss it? He had stolen and hid it from his father before he left. Just to anger him.

Lief kept a bright smile, refusing to look at his reflection in the weapon's blade.

Ember watched herself sadly as she took it from him and held it a while. She really shouldn't feel this guilty over something of this, it was weird and like Liefthous said, it wasn't a big deal. Yet something told her otherwise. Though she didn't have anywhere on her person to kept it from harming her, she tucked it, hilt down, into the side of her waist and hoped the sharp end won't make contact with her as she moved.

Placing her shirt over it again, the woman glanced up to the man. Sorry didn't feel enough to make up for it and she hadn't thought of her plan yet. Before she could think Ember had walked up to him again and rested her head gently onto his arm. "A respect for the result of a bet.", she explained before he asked what the heck she was doing.

He swallowed, sighing with a harsh simper. Not going to question what she was doing, he finally mumbled, "If you keep the dagger like that, you'll be sure to jab your side." He looked down, blinking.

The thief couldn't help but smile, his eyes shimmering beneath the light. It was a strange way of showing respect, though he didn't question it. He laughed underneath his breath, awkwardly, anxiously, and from being slightly amused.

It wasn't a respect, but it was the closest she'd be able to get to it. Embracing was meant for lovers, kneels were meant for elders, while those in between showed respect through touching foreheads; battles happened often and if one was to show their respect to another, it would have to be quick and meaningful...Liefthous was just a bit too tall for the traditional respectful show.

Ember backed away, not wanting to linger too long, and looked around for something cheerful to find. A cup of drink? No. Definitely not another bet. There...wasn't too much around. Nerves were starting to become jumpy with worry.

Lief tried following her gaze, though she seemed to be looking at many places. He laughed lightly, concern seeming to surround his voice. "Are you alright?"

He was slightly confused. What was she searching for? He appeared to be clueless, puzzled by her actions. He squinted and began to look as well. He wasn't sure what he was looking for exactly, he knew he was just.. looking.

Ember nodded and continued looking with a crease in her brow. There really was next to nothing else that seemed of interest in the Hall. Wordlessly admitting defeat, she turned to him. "There are ways of time passing where Liefthous is from, ways of good. Ways of happy.", the red-head looked expectedly at the man.

He seemed startled by her words, the color in his face fading. He hadn’t expected the question, and he stuttered over his words. "Where.. Where I’m from-?" He drew a breath, the memories flooding over him. A shiver was sent along his spine, and he swallowed as he lowered his frightened gaze. For a quick moment, he closed his eye.

Calming down slightly, he weakly grinned as he looked up once more, hints of fear still shimmering as he spoke and panic glistening in his eye. "I.. didn’t do anything." It was an obvious lie, but it was the best he could come up with. What was he supposed to do? Tell her he stole horses and the treasures of Kings? Admit that he stole items from the village’s plaza, and never paid a single cent? That he changed his name to keep from trouble?

Just in case she asked again, he would have to come up with something better. But, for now, that’s all that would be said.

((Sorry for not responding! Family complications!))

(( It’s Totally Fine! Family Comes First. I Have Had Quite A Busy Day Myself, So I Wouldn’t Be Able To Respond, Either. No Apologies Needed :) ))

(( ^~^ Hazza! ))

Ember felt her mind slip into confusion and disbelief. "Even the time of Liefthous' childhood there was nothing of fun time passing.", she crossed her arms over her chest and jutted her hip to the side, leg planting down. The woman didn't believe that for second.

Not only did the man sound as if he was starring down a wild being twice his own size, but the chances of someone not having a way of fun was...highly unlikely.

The red-head tilted her head to side and back, to look him in the eyes proper, with a quick blink.

Lief cleared his throat, though he didn't speak very clearly. "Well.. There just.. There wasn't much, alright?" He didn't mean to snap at her, but he didn't want to think about his so-called home. He ran a hand through his hair and exhaled, muttering a small apology.

It was true he had a temper, but he kept it under control most of the time. He lifted his shoulders into a shrug, smiling. "I mean.. I s'ppose we-" He had to think about his next words. "-we went horseback-riding every once in a while. But I don't see any stallions here." He chuckled. He wasn't lying, yet he wasn't telling the truth.

Trying to think of something useful to say, his eye lit up as he grinned wildly. "Oh! My siblings and I used to perform in the village's central area!" He seemed excited, the memories flooding of his youth self dancing around the fountains, singing a harmony that was supposedly the town's anthem, his siblings joining him.

Ember felt an uncomfortable feeling pierce her chest at the man's snap towards her, briefing wondering if she should have kept her mouth shut and have let them fall into silence. His short apology brought her some ease but the emotion lingered for a while longer.

She blinked in surprise at the riding of horces though; she remembered those. Unheard of in her House, but another House had them. At the mention of purfurm she cocked her head to the side. "A purfurm is a fun time passing...", she stated slowly before tilting her head to the other side.

"Liefthous has siblings.", Ember pointed out from his speech.

Lief's ears perked, and he flashed another smile. "Performing.. like singing and dancing? Sort of like theatre..?" He wondered if he had used the correct term, for he had only heard of a so-called 'theatre', and even then the people he was raised with called it a myth. He didn't understand why hundreds of folk would gather to watch others dance, when they could do so themselves and be a part of the show.

The thief nodded at her second statement. "Yes.. Two." He added, his eyes sparking with slight happiness. "Gale is my older brother. The suck-up. The 'Mr. Perfect'." He chuckled to himself, rolling his eyes. "And Annika, the youngest, was the one who'd jump off the cliff just because you told her to. More of a follower than a leader."

He'd tuck his hands into his pockets. "I haven't spoken to them in ages, though. I have no idea if they're still like that." He silently sighed, ducking his head in a manner of respect to the unspoken names. Lief raised his gaze and smiled once again, keeping his usual, perky mood on the line.

Ember made an 'o' as he explained, now understanding what the man was saying about purfurm. The woman had never sung nor danced before, though she had seen such people in her lifetime. She saw no appeal to it as it did not show strength, but she would find it today...tonight.

As he recalled his blood she blinked fondly. The smile on his face told her that there were foul feelings concerning his siblings. Taking his momentum, she imitated his smile. "We will a purfurm.", Ember declared with a curt nod of her head and her hands on her hips- her injured hand facing outward.

How hard can it be?

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus