Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Lief Thous (played by AmberShades)

Lief was shocked.

At first, he didn’t understand what she was trying to say, nor do, but he finally snorted as she tried imitating one of his deep laughs. It sounded unusual, but hilarious. He shook his head slightly, covering his mouth with his hand as he grinned brightly.

"You- Pfft!" He snorted once again, his ears perking as he looked up once more, "That-" He inhaled and exhaled slowly. "That was terrible.. Maybe you should stick with your own laugh, hm..?" He found it confusing yet amusing that she had tried imitating him. "Though.. I mean- thank you."

He lowered his hand, flashing another smile.
Ember AKA Audenzia (played anonymously)

It seemed to have worked much to Ember's pleasure. Her eyes lightened with her achievement though she felt a bit embarrassed in the process, her cheeks tinting pink ever gently. He was laughing at her and not her amusing comment. "I am in disagreement. It was very good.", she sat in denial, crossing her legs.

Ember still couldn't help feeling giddy. It was the most she had seen him smile and it seemed to have distracted him from his wound. Maybe she should do another.

"If you say it was, then so be it." He rolls his eyes with a grin. He raised an eyebrow, still managing to smile though his semi-serious question, "What were you trying to do, in the first place?"

He tilted his head, shifting his position. He switched arms, now propping the opposite on the table. Leaning back slightly, he kept a straight posture as he noticed how her eyes had glistened with an emotion he couldn’t place his finger on as he struggled to read it, and the way her cheeks seemed to color.

At the sound of Liefthous' agreement, she nodded, satisfied. Though at his question she shifted in her seat a little bit. Telling him the reason behind her amusing comment would put his attention back on his wound, making it feel more in pain. Not telling him would make it seem like she doesn't trust him. It was a tiny situation that the woman accidentally cornered herself into.

"I am trying to...out amusing comment you.", Ember said with another one of Liefthous' laugh, followed by one of his snickers.

The thief cracked a smile. "As if you could." He would chortle, not able to take in her way of imitating his laugh. He locked eyes with her, leaning his head to the right with a soft smirk. "I’ve decided my laugh is.. a little deep for your vocals."

He dropped his stare, fiddling with the ring on his left index finger. It was worn out, some parts of the silver a shade of bronze. It appeared to be in the shape of a lace pattern, each twist forming a curved oval with a small diamond attaching one shape to another shape. He would smile to himself, still laughing underneath his breath.

Ember's natural instinct was to accept his unspoken challenge and mentally prepared another amusing comment in her head. Upon hearing his other comment she narrowed her eyes a little. He had a point...but it was also making him laugh so she would continue doing it anyways. He smirked quite an awful lot.

"I am in disagreement once more.", Ember declared and tried to copy Liefthous' smirks. Looking at him brought the sight of the man looking at his hand- a ring. Her head tilted against her will as she eyed it from a distance, trying to see the pattern on it.

Lief blinked, trying to act serious, though he was struggling. He didn’t understand why she was suddenly giving him the strange grin, awfully confused and slightly panicked. Was something wrong? "What- What are you doing?" He peered at her strange, crooked grin, raising an eyebrow. "Are you alright-?"

He rose to his feet, gesturing to her cup. "Do.. you need something else drink or..?" He was trying to figure what was going on, though he couldn’t lose his smile. What 𝘸𝘢𝘴 she doing?

Ember got rid of the smirk once he stood up, gesturing to the cup of drink near her, blinking owlishly at him. Smirks don't work too well, but he was still smiling at least. She avoided his gaze and looked around. "It...was my intention for Liefthous to stand.", she stated with utmost certainty.

It really wasn't. If his leg wound starts hurting again then the point of putting herself through such tasks would be pointless.

He awkwardly grabbed the cup, mumbling with a nod. "I s’ppose I’ll fill it again?" He quickly turned on his heels, keeping as much weight off his leg as he possibly could as he made his way to refill the cup.

Ducking his head, he was trying to sort this out. As he realized she had been imitating his smirk, he facepalmed himself. He had most likely made it awkward, or he had thought he had. He filled the cup quickly- though it was almost full before he had brought it with him.

Returning to the table, he exhaled with a foolish smile. "Apologies. Sometimes I can seem.. dimwitted." He admitted with a small laugh at himself. He took a seat, sliding the cup to her. "The grin- er, smirk- was.. admirable."

Ember saw the man leave with her cup of drink and found herself withering in guilt; going as far as to drop her hand into her less injured hand. She needs a new plan of action. At the sound of Liefthous coming back she brought her head back up.

"I do not agree with your statement of dinwitted.", the red-head replied to his comment with a disbelieving look on her face, which was slightly pink again in shame.

"My amusing smile was amusing.", she agreed with the man on that part with a another of the smirks.

He was surprised she didn’t agree with the first statement, but he didn’t mention anything of it. He chuckled and nodded, swaying his hand. "You’ll.. have to work on it, I s’ppose. Other wise, you look fine." He joked, returning the crooked grin. "Maybe you should smirk more often, eh?"

He felt his gaze drift around the tavern, a small worry for Hans ringing throughout his mind. He sighed, hoping he had reached it far enough from Erika’s grasp.

Now that he was thinking about his fellows, where had Aleron gone? The guard didn’t usually.. disappear without saying goodbyes. Lief would scan over the faces of unfamiliar people, biting his lip as a nervous habit. He didn’t see the fellow guard, though he didn’t worry too much. He was guessing Al could take care of himself.

He cleared his throat and quit biting his lip, thinking he must look ridiculous. Well, when didn’t he have something strange with his appearance?

Ember took what the man said into consideration, thinking of a better way to work on how to smirk. She'd have to imitate Liefthous a bit more before she can get it right. Then a great idea came to mind; she would just ask him!

The red-head turned to face the male and asked him her question, but stopped short, mouth open. He looked distracted by something in the Hall, worry etched into his facial features. Eyes of grey looked around the place as well, trying to locate what was drawing the man's attention.

Lied quickly turned back to face her, slightly startled. "Oh! My apologies." He chuckled anxiously, running his hand through his ruffled hair. "I get so caught up in my thoughts, at times, I seem to get distracted if not focused too much." He raised an eyebrow. "Were you going to speak? If so, I didn't mean to daze."

He blinked a few times, telling himself his friends would be alright. Or- he wanted to hope they would be. He let out a deep breath, smiling once again. Sometimes, he surprised himself when he changed his mood so quickly.

Ember blinked warmly at him, and slowly flexed her hand, trying to stop it from staying in the same place for too long.

"The apology was not in need.", the red-head offered him some reassurance. "Space of the mind is required to be filled and to be lost in.", she further explained her point.

The Leader paused for a while, for getting what she was going to ask him before, then jolted towards him slightly as she remembered.

"To go about in working on it, I am to become more of Liefthous.", Ember reasoned.

Lief raised an eyebrow. "Hm-?" He understood what she had meant, yet he wanted to make sure he understood it correctly. "How so..?"

In all honesty, he didn't need someone imitating him. He owned a lot of small, terrible habits, yet alone the habits he had picked up like swiping coins from one's pocket or stealing from the village's plaza.

Inhaling, he told himself he would just be.. extra careful. She wouldn't imitate his every move, right?

Ember thought about it for a moment. "To watch and to do as you do. I will be a shadow. Then I will out Liefthous you.", the red-head answered with a thoughtful look on her face, eyes looking through him as she ran through the plan in her head. A blink brought her back to the present and she looked at him fully.

"If you would let me.", Ember soon added, realizing that becoming a shadow might be a breach of the man's privacy.

He smiled. "How would you 'out Liefthous' me?" He tilted his head with a curious look, grinning. Lief had agreed to the terms with a small nod, his hand fiddling with his ring once again. He still hasn't corrected his name yet, he realized, finding it slightly unique and.. different.

He was thinking it would rise suspicions if he declined, though he also told himself he was thinking too much. Was he? Was he going to lead himself into a trap that he had made?

His oversized ears perked as he blinked. "Though, you understand I'm not the.. brightest nor most exciting, correct..?" To be honest, he was trying to make her overthink the decision. Though, he wasn't that persuading.

Ember opened her mouth to reply, then closed it as she took another second to think about it. "Shadows are bigger than those the shadow follows, so I will be more Liefthous than Liefthous will be.", she worked out her theory with small hand gestures to help show her point. When it came to addressing the man's later statement, she fell into confusion.

"You do not look at yourself. Smiles are for show of excitement, and your smile is very bright.", Ember spoke her mind aloud, not understanding what the white-haired male was actually talking about as in bright.

The thief chuckled. "..Alright, then." He didn't change or correct her second statement, finding it hard to not smile at the comment itself. He inhaled and blinked. "Well.. Is there anything you would like to do, or..?"

He propped his elbow on the table, resting his chin in his hand. He was wearing a small grin, yet he was exhausted. He most likely had too much to drink earlier, and the toxics were finally catching up to his state-of-mind.

Ember's mind went blank but something in her was saying that she was forgetting something. When it finally came to her she almost jumped out of her chair, half-stumbling up and almost fell over to the side.

"Come!", the grey-eyed woman commanded, a hint of relief in her voice, and took a step in the direction of the wooden color decoration but glanced back to make sure Liefthous was moving. She had practically forgot why the two had been resting for the past while; she wanted to bring him to the circle thing.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus