Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Rylyn Carrie Locklear (played anonymously)

(( Hazza! :D ))

Rylyn placed her hands behind her back with a small jump in her step, swinging her body side-to-side as her gazed went from Lief, to the ceiling, to the door, and back to him a few times as she copied his smile. "Again!I tend to say too much at times and it can get us into trouble cause no one is supposed to know- I'm not even meant to be here! Where am I?!", a giggled followed.

Playin-g with new friends -probably isn't very n-ice- but it was rea-lly hard not to. Reactions...w-ere just so a-dorable-. The red-head brought her hands back to her front so she could do two quick small claps as she kept eye-contact, her tone loosing some of its squeakiness. "I just know things y'know? Jus' kind of happens at times, regardless on how and such.", came her half-mumbled response to his other question.
Lief Thous (played by AmberShades)

He silently sighed, nodding while rolling back his shoulders. Perhaps this was all of the answers he was going to get out of this, so, why should he bother asking at all? But, despite telling himself this, he continued with, "If no one is s'pposed to know, why do you, hm?" The Hellion tilted his head with a lifted eyebrow. "Of course, I s'ppose I'm not the best at covering my steps, but I believe I was cautious enough." His eyes darted to the door, then back to Rylyn. He stretched, placing his arms above his head as he allowed himself lightly laugh. "I'm screwed, aren't I? If you have dirt on me, and I mess up, which will most likely happen, dare I say.." Slowly, the thief exhaled and closed his eyes, never breaking his smile. He lowered his head to gaze upon the woman before him, now folding his arms beneath his chest. "So, amie, what would you wish to do? Assuming you won't answer anymore of my questions." His lips creased into a small smirk as he leaned against the sink, blinking faintly due to the bright lights on the ceiling.

Rylyn watched him as he spoke and decided to put her hands above her head as well, mimicking Lief with a smile and a shrug of her shoulders. "Told you- jus' happens!", she was being truthful there. Any and all information she knows that she isn't supposed to comes to her without being consciously aware of it until the need for said information arises. It's served the woman well so far, so why get upset over it? After talking the red-head had put her arms down and shimmied a bit in excitement.

"I've never been asked on what to do before!! Oh my- what to do, what ta do, whattehdo! What does Lawrence- ah! The Lief- want to do!? So many possibilities!", Rylyn played with her fingers as she stared into the distance with her greenish orbs full of awe at something only she could see. Then a thought came to mind and the personality grabbed the man's arm as she gasped. "I've always wanted to try food!", came her fumbled exclamation as she shook him lightly. Slightly crazed with the idea, she began to tug the almost white-haired male towards the door with her. "Let's, let's!", followed by a large smile.

I don't exactly consume food, you see.

He found himself stuck in the same position he was in earlier that evening. Though the mimicking had made him chuckle faintly, and the sudden grab of his arm had startled him, the thief felt a hint of awkwardness sink his the pit of his stomach. Attempting to play it off with a childish grin, he reached over the woman's shoulder and unlocked the door, opening to the slightest. He lost his grip on it, allowing her to exit first. Perhaps if she had knew mostly everything about him, she would also understand he doesn't exactly 'eat'? It was a mild guess, but he was hoping he was correct. Pushing aside the thoughts, he yawned, turning his head in the opposite direction as he did so. As he looked back, he squinted and attempted to recall the amount of nights of sleep he had possibly lost. One, two, three.. After awhile, the Hellion had stopped counting, for he had bored himself. He could live without sleep, he believed, but his energy was going to drain quickly the more he was active. He poked out his lips slightly at the thought, but he assumed he would be alright. Eventually.

"'Gentleman of you! I expect no less from the La-Lief! La, la, Lief~", Rylyn poured out as she stayed attached to man's arm, pulling him beyond the door frame and back into the Hall, ignoring her minor mishap at the beginning of her sentence. Though the end sounded more like singing, playfulness was gone from her tone and replaced with mild mindlessness as she looked around for any signs of food. Some tables had half-eaten meals of either the drunk or the gone or her...if they took one of those then they wouldn't need to pay! P-erfect plan!

The red-head turned to Lief and gestured him to lean down with quick waves of her hand, eyes casting extremely obvious glances around that she was up to something, not entirely caring for it though. He could pull it off either way.

He noticed the slight stutter of his name, but grinned nonetheless. 'La-Lief' was praying his real title perhaps refused to slip into conversation from here on out, though his hopes weren't very high. As the women's eyes drifted from place to place quickly, he attempted to follow her gaze, but failed in doing so. Of course, he could see the plates of food and half-emptied bottles lying on the table, but he wasn't expecting that they would eat from that. Well, 'they' probably isn't the correct term to use, is it? Lief's stare eventually returned to his comrade, and she was waving her hand briskly. Awkwardly, the Hellion lowered himself to her height, snickering as he did so. He flashed a smile. "Well, someone's a little short, hm?"

Rylyn gave the man a blink before showing him a toothy grin. "I like you Lief, so don't make me want to bite those cute little ears off!", she stated happily before her voice dropped to a not-so-quiet whisper. Spinning on her heel and leaning her face towards his, so they could be looking in the same direction whilst she explained her plan, she made sure to put her lips right next to ear to keep her previous mini-threat in mind.

"Now-", the red-head pointed a far table with two drunken men were sat at, having a laugh at something, their plates almost completely untouched. "-see that table there? I'ma cause a nice distraction and such; scare them outta their seats or something- and you-", the woman gently shook his face with a smile. "-are going to steal one of them meals! Should be a lot easier than trying teh steal a bird no?", followed by a low giggle.

Lief returned the smile, though his cheeks had faintly flushed in rosiness. As she put her lips towards his ear, he was sure to listen- well, he didn't have an option, at the moment. He squinted at the table and the chuckling men, confirming he saw them with a nod and a small glance back at the red-headed woman, who had shook his face somewhat. The male laughed at her last words and rose to his full height once more. "I wasn't trying to steal a bird! I was attempting to steal a quill. Stars forbid- I could barely take care of animal, if I did, for some reason, wished to steal it." He chuckled lightly. "But, I s'ppose this plan is as good as anyone's. So, Cherry, what could you possibly do to scare them, hm? A simple 'Boo!' won't work, I'm afraid." La-Lief smirked to the slightest, leaning back on his heels. Depending on the woman's next move, he would have to figure out a way to swipe the plate of food. Simple enough, wasn't it?

Rylyn was going to spin around and tell him off a little for not believing in her scaring capabilities but the "Cherry" part caught her in a small dumbfounded state of mind for a few seconds. Mouth a tad open and she tried to process what was happening. "Cherry" is a drupe fruit, she wasn't a fruit, he called her "Cherry" anyways...so that means...she gasped. The red-head turned to Lief quickly, almost throwing herself off balance, with a huge grin on her face as she bounced a bit on her feet.

"My namenick- Cherry is me!!", the woman yelled somewhat, waving her hands in excitement. "Cherry, Cherry, Cherry-", she half-sang as Rylyn skipped around the man in delight whilst throwing her new nickname everywhere. Eventually landing in front of the almost white-haired male again she shimmied, feeling extremely happy with the improvement. "Nicknames are steps towards better friendship! I'm better than her!", came her exclamation but she fell into mild seriousness right after.

The thief poked out his lips somewhat, blinking in slight surprise at her reaction. He awkwardly laughed, flying his hand through his hair as the woman circled him. "Namenick?" La-Lief snickered, smiling as he tilted his head. "I'll take note you like the name?" He watched as she stepped in front of him once more. "Nicknames are a step towards friendship, I believe-" He cut himself off, furrowing his brows in confusion. "Better than who, may I ask?" The male had a few ideas- well, guesses, rather- and none of them made sense to him. He hadn't had many friends with females, partly because he couldn't understand them, at times, but he knew a few. The only one around at the moment was.. "Ember? I don't believe she is the type to have a nickname." The Hellion anxiously chuckled. "Though, is it a good thing if you are placed above her? Do you know her, personally?"

Back straightening with a short inaudible pop of her spine the woman's previous seriousness was heightened tenfold as hard hatred glazed her chartreuse orbs, a shadow cast over them, resulted from Rylyn tilting her head forward and sideways at the same time. Though she looked through Lief, the red-head could almost clearly see that tangerine in front of her, acting all high and mighty simply because she was slowly becoming more together than the actual red-head was. It didn't matter that the Leader knew nothing of Cherry's existence- the other woman's own existence was hindering her chance of growing close to the man in front of her. That alone was absolutely...infuriating. Not to mention everything else about Ember that made the personality's blood boil.

Maybe a fair two seconds went by before Rylyn caught herself in the act of looking anything but her usual cute self, and quickly corrected it with a giggle and loose smile. "'Never met! Don't plan on it!", came her reply to his questions and she ignored her sentence mistake again before turning around. "Hither, hither La-lief! We have a plan to carry out~"

Lief was quick to hold up his hands, jokingly, of course. "Alright, then. Remind me not to ask about her again, hm?" He nodded once, lowering his hands. The red-headed woman's reaction to his words had struck him strange, though he didn't question her- aloud, anyways. He doubted she didn't know Ember, or at least bumped into her, due to the quick change in expression and the way she had stiffened, but he cleared his throat to catch his own attention. "Mhm. The plan.. what exactly are you planning on doing, again?" The thief was guessing he would just swipe the plate with ease, but it depended if the drunken men rose from their table or not. Cherry did say she was going to scare them, didn't she? What did it take to scare to men who had drowned in alcohol? Brows furrowing to the slightest, he drew a quick breath and briskly made the decision to avoid going to the right side of the table. The less people, the easier it was to steal. He had learned that after some practice.

"People are easy to scare!", Rylyn reassured him whilst shooting a quick smile over her shoulder to back up her words somehow before the air around her began growing darker. It was slowly drawing towards the woman, almost going through her. A little over two seconds later she vanished from sight, completely silent and uneventful really. Barely any time went by before the red-head reappeared some ways away and occupying the head of an empty chair placed at the table of drunk men she was going to- and had effectively- give a fright. A **** eating grin was sprawled across her face as she held casually onto her new item that the woman came back with.

A long and sturdy scythe rested heavily on Cherry's right shoulder, it's body stretching more than her own height as the curved end framed her slightly bent back. One arm hung lazily over a knee as the other gripped her weapon, the personality leaned forward and after sending a smirk to La-Lief, whispered a short "Boo!".

The drunken men had wasted next to no time in ejecting themselves from their seats, cursing and scrambling away, though they refused to lift their eyes from her. Who would? Turn your back to an armed enemy you have yours stabbed! More of sliced in this case but it was all the same.

Lief flashed a smile, refusing to admit that he was slightly impressed.

Well, 'slightly' was most likely a weak term to use, but, either way it turned, he was in some form of awe. He found it laughable that the two men seemed startled- the trick was so simple! Shaking his head with a grin, La-Lief slipped past a few people and made his way to the table. Checking to see if the drunken men still kept their cautious gazes on the red-head they had been so frightened by, the thief acted as if he had tripped, knocking over the plate of food in the process. Despite having the appearance the plate had fallen, it was resting gracefully in Lief's hands. He inhaled and looked up, muttering an apology before awkwardly backing away.

The Hellion returned to their previous spot, keeping his back leaned against the wall as he tilted his head away with a yawn, closing his eyes for a moment. He was holding the plate at chest level, kicking one heel in front of the other, and readjusted his standing position. Opening his eyes once again, he sent a glimpse back to Cherry. Was it possible to scare someone like that by simply saying 'Boo'?

Rylyn suppressed her giggles to add to her scary effect on the men in front of her, lightly playing with the blade of her damage-dealer, flicking it and listening to the ding of the metal as it echoed. The sound sent a delicious shiver down her spine. O-h how beautiful it- was! She could listen to it all day and be very happy, no man or people needed to please her! After embracing the noise for a bit longer before smirking at them, catching Lief's skillful snatch of the food. Though she couldn't tell that he was stealing it, the plan was vivid in her mind and the red-head had no doubt that his clumsy act was part of his plan.

"Do any of you boys know how ta juggle? Need to practice tossing it up!-", Rylyn threw her arm up and tossed the scythe high into the air. "- and hope to catch it!", she smiled cheekily towards them and sending a wink La-Lief's way. The woman let the weapon spin downward a little longer before catching it, just a couple inches away from emebbeding itself into the floor in between one man's legs. Visibly paling and becoming clammy, but too shaken to move, he just stared and gulped.

Cherry sighed happily before standing up on the chair and, using the stick weapon, hopped over him as the air darkened nearby. As soon as her foot touched the ground she disappeared from view before popping back directly in front of the almost white-haired male- scythe gone. "Easy to scare!"

His ears perked at the ringing of metal, but he had paid no attention to it. Lief chuckled as Cherry was practically teasing the drunken men, toying with their fear as she tossed the weapon in the air. He rolled his eyes jokingly at the wink, a smile creasing his lips. The woman faded and reappeared rather quickly, and he nodded. "Not bad, Cherry." The thief laughed quietly, then held out the plate of food. "Well, there you go. I'll admit, that was easier than I thought it would be."

He sent a glimpse at the food, blinking. Of course, it looked.. appetizing, but he wasn't planning on eating any of it. If she asked, perhaps he could say he had eaten previously, and wasn't hungry? The Hellion took his attention off of the plate, gazing at the two men again. He had the strange urge to apologize, but he ignored it. Since when did he apologize for a weak frightening, let alone stealing?

Rylyn nodded in agreement. "It was!", followed by a smile. Catching the man looking back to the people she scared, the woman also looked back to watch them, though thinking about anything other than guilt. Off with Cy to terrorize others was different than this child's play of a fright, especially since no one died. It left an odd pit in her stomach as she looked upon the men still squirming and trying to get ahold of what really happened. Not wanting to kill in front of her new friend, the red-head sent glances around in search of a well-hidden spot to eat at.

A particularly dim corner table seemed fitting and caught her eye. She excitedly turned back around to Lief, gratefully taking the plate from him before skipping around him in joy. Once near his tail though Rylyn stopped to look and bent down to pet it twice again, just like the first time. What? The tail wa-s cute!

As Cherry took the plate from his grasp, La-Lief was brought back to reality, snapping out of his foolish thoughts. No apologizing. He had done what he'd done, and that was that. "What are you doing?" The thief laughed, but was startled as the woman pet his tail. He didn't do anything for a handful of seconds, and his face was fading into a rosy pink by the time he cleared his throat and continued speaking. "No.. No more of that, hm?" The male laughed anxiously, swaying his tail to the opposite side of him. It wasn't out of the red-head's reach, but at least it was moved for the time being. He offered another grin, tilting his head before running his fingers through his tousled hair. "Alright. Your move, Cherry. I'll follow you." He didn't know if it was dangerous to say such a sentence, or simply stupid. But, either way the path would turn, he would follow her, as promised. Besides, he had to act as her friend, didn't he? He couldn't put his information, let alone location, at risk, could he? Or was Cherry- Rylyn- somewhat trustworthy..? Was this just an act, or was he internally debating becoming her ally?

Rylyn was about to ask a question but stopped when hearing her nickname again, smiling brightly at it's call. The odd warmth that spread from her chest not too long ago came back, this time reaching her arms and stomach with it's welcoming touch. Savoring it just a little longer she closed her eyes for a couple of seconds before taking in a breath and opening them once more, giving the man an almost genuine grin, void of her usual craziness. The red-head stared at Lief for a few moments more before she remembered that she had a question to ask him. "Does it hurt when I touch it?", came her inquiry, finally, with a small tilt of her head. She just realized how often the male in front of her played with his hair which made her wonder if he was nervous around her. Being all over the place tends to make others anxious around her, at least from what she's been told. Though whenever it happened the person (or people) would either leave or try to take the woman's life out of annoyance; yet La-lief wasn't doing that. It was slightly puzzling to say the least.

"Does it.. hurt?" La-Lief blankly repeated the question, blinking as he thought how to explain it without sounding strange. "Not.. exactly? I mean, yes, it is peculiar for someone to pet my tail out of the blue, but I don't think it would harm me in any way if you were to touch it again-" He added quickly, "Not saying you should do that again, Cherry." Readjusting his position, the Hellion shrugged. "I'm not sure what if feels like. Well, I s'ppose you could put it like this; it feels as if you were to pet a Mongrel, without the layers of fur, but instead, scales. Then, to me, it feels as if.. hm.." He clicked his tongue, squinting in somewhat of concentration. ".. as if I were to, awkwardly, run my hand down your back with no warning." The thief nodded, realizing that was as best as he could describe it. It was unusual, yes, but he wasn't talented when it came to words, to say the least. He stretched slightly, holding his arms beside him, before tucking them into his pockets. Exhaling, he sent a gaze that lurked across the room, scanning over each unfamiliar face.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus