Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Lief Thous (played by AmberShades)

Lief rose to his feet rather quickly, inhaling sharply as he had been startled. With a smile, he stumbled alongside her. "Are you alright? You nearly fell from your seat-" He was curious as of why she had suddenly arose from her place.

He squinted, his vision not being the greatest along with one eye of his shut due to the 'S' shaped scar that was drawing over it. He blinked few times, trying to spot where or what they were supposedly heading towards.
Ember AKA Audenzia (played anonymously)

Ember felt giddy again and couldn't stand still, swaying gently from side to side in anticipation. "The possible fall did not happen.", she brushed off the man's concern, eager to get to the wooden wall-table and put her original plan into action at last. Taking hold of Liefthous' sleeve she started tugging gently, her pace changing from fast to slow a few times; in favour of the male's injuries and of her own excitement.

He smiled, laughing quietly as he tried keeping up. Eventually, he was walking at the same pace the woman was, though she seemed to walk quicker before slowing down again. Lief exhaled and begin to wonder.

He was confused of the shift of levels of excitement, going from smiling to nearly running across the tavern. She seemed overall joyful, so he didn't try ruining her mood by slowing her down.

Ember let out a tiny 'hm!' once they reached the place of the wooden color wall-table, the closest thing to a 'yay' she naturally knew how to do. The woman eyed the circular object, gears running in her head. Sending a glance to Liefthous, she let go of him and waltzed up to it. Sharp pointy weapons stuck to the colours with mini flags of color on them.

Ember brought her hand up to the lowest weapon, pausing with hesitance as it came closer. It might burn her again but she had to try. Continuing, the red-head grabbed the thing by its flag of color and winced.

...Nothing happened. A silent sigh of relief later, the woman took the rest out by holding the flag colours, going back to the man- proud.

He smiled at her. "And what.. is this?" He lifted a brow, slightly curious and amused she seemed to be proud of what she had discovered. He studied it, tucking his hands into his pockets as he leaned his head to the left slightly.

He was wondering why so many colors must take place in one decoration. In his hometown, anything with much color was different, and being different in the village meant drawing attention. Drawing attention lead to being judged by many others, and so on.

Still, despite his slight bewilderment, he grinned.

Ember stopped just in front of him and at his question she looked up owlishly, then drifted her gaze down to the pointy sharps in her hand, giving them a tiny shake. "I am unsure. It has reminded me of House Archery back at that which I call home. They use large wooden curves and sharp points- much of these.", the woman held up the colourful flagged points.

"They would use the curves to glide the points to of their destination. As practice of skill, a destination is round with circles of colourful rounds in of the first round.", Ember tried to recall what she had last seen of her rival House and their ways, eventually turning to point at the wall-table. "Much like of that."

Peeking back around to Liefthous with uncertainty nipping at her, she finished. "There are no curves here. The challenge will prove entertaining."

He blinked, feeling slightly foolish for not understanding what it was. "An arrow?" He pointed to the sharp object she was holding. "Isn't that what it is called..?"

He tried to think, furrowing his brows and tapping his foot. "And the wooden curved object is a bow, right..? I'm guessing that's what would hold the arrow..?" He narrowed his eyes. "The House of Archery..? I'm guessing I'm correct if you do come from this 'House of Archery'?"

It finally clicked. "Oh!" He laughed at himself. "Darts. Those are darts, are they not?" It had taken him a moment, but he finally understood as he glimpsed back at the wall-table. He hadn't had things such as this where he had come from, though he had seen it in a few places before. He had never tried to do anything with them, considering the activity itself was confusing to him.

Ember pressed her lips together. Airow...bow...very faint trances of memory surfaced at the names but she couldn't pinpoint it. Though she nodded a yes to his first four in two questions; deciding that that was probably the objects true names. Though at the fifth and sixth inquires, she growled lightly.

"I am not of House Archery. I am of House Strength, Leader.", Ember corrected the man, disgusted by the thought of being part of Gather's House.

The name 'barts' rang no bell and she tilted her head slightly, a show of confusion. "I am unsure of this spoken word.", the red-heat admitted shamelessly.

He nearly recoiled, a hand reaching for his dagger as an instinct. As she has growled, his hand wrapped around the hilt of the weapon, though he didn't draw it. "Apologies.." He mumbled, taking this moment to observe her reaction.

He didn't fully understand. Why was she so offended..? Lief thought for a second before answering his own question; she had all rights to be. As he would've been if someone insulted his race of Hellion.

"Alright.. I s'ppose we can call them arrows, then." He nodded, speaking slowly as he recovered. He removed his hand from his weapon, thinking he was just being dramatic.

Ember saw Liefthous move away from her slightly and reach for his waist. At first she was even more confused than before, then noticed his hand resting on a weapon of his own. The sight sent a wave of sickness through her. Guilt, confusion, mild anger- towards herself. It was foolish of her to think that there was trust between them even for the short while of them getting along.They had known each other for not even a day...most likely. Time seemed dead in the Hall.

The red-head stepped back to give the man some space, keeping his at arms length, offering him the points- airows. She holding the flags with the sharp end facing the ground. Her eyed now also to the ground, though she kept her head up.

He knew he had screwed up.

Though he didn't mean to step aback and grab his weapon as in a distrustful or harmful way, he would still blame himself. His first thought was thinking of ways to cheer her up, though he wasn't sure if he could.

He took an arrow, forcing a goofy, child-like smile. "How much would you like to bet I can hit the board from the other side of the room?" He raised an eyebrow, seeming amused to even speak of the challenge himself. It was true he had never done something like this, let alone touch and arrow before, though he was willing to try. If failing miserably at something he seemed encouraged to do didn't make her at least simper, he had no clue of what to do.

Ember glanced at the airows then to the wall-table then to the other side of the room. She stayed silent for a bit longer than normal, still disappointed with herself for allowing such emotions to take such effect of her. The red-head kept her field of vision to the colourful circle.

"...I do not believe in such a feat.", Ember finally spoke, she crossing her arms slowly over her chest. She could just barely see his smile from the corner of her eye, though she didn't turn to look, somewhat afraid to, for reasons unknown to her.

He laughed and raised the stakes. "I'll throw it from behind, too. Pfft- That would be something." He chuckled, walking backwards the the opposite side of the room.

He paused, turning on his heels so his back would be facing the board. He looked over his shoulder with a smirk. "Do you want to bet anything..?"

He knew he was about the make a fool of himself, though he didn't seem to care. Understanding he would've never hit the board even if he were a foot from it, he expected his fate of embarrassment. The humiliation was already washing over him like a tidal wave, drowning him in his hilarious shame. Ha! And he hadn't even done anything but walk to the opposing side of the room!

At the suggestion of making the challenge more difficult she did look at him, blankly though. Back before she became Leader and even before she became Deputy before that, the woman often spent her time spreading her influence and reputation around her House. From fights, to kills, to life-threatening risks. She prided herself on her ability to not back down from a dangerous act...and curse her old nature- she couldn't resist a good bet.

Ember unfolded her arms and walked towards Liefthous. Once near him, she grabbed the dull side of his weapon and turned to drop it on a table nearby. The sharp end sticking into the wood and keeping it standing up. The red-head looked over her shoulder with a ghost of a smirk plastered on her face. Hoping her bet would get across to him.

"You will decide my loss.", she stated with a slight narrow of her eyes, unafraid now. "Go easy and I will kick you Liefthous.", she half-threatened.

Lief hated to admit it, but pain struck right through his heart as she placed her side of the bet on his dagger.

He gasped and teased her, smiling. "I know I almost removed it from my belt earlier, but now I'm going to lose it?" He clicked his tongue in shame. "And what are you willing to give up, hm? Better decide soon." He chuckled harshly, internally killing himself for the loss of his weapon.

He turned once again, his back facing the the board as he stood far from it. He could barely throw, and he understood that well. He didn't wish to be kicked, but he wasn't exactly 'going easy', either. He just.. couldn't throw.

The thief reared his hand forward, the sharp end of the arrow facing the wall-table. He inhaled and lowered his elf-like ears, cursing at himself as he tossed it over his shoulder with force. He was surprised as he turned, watching the arrow land on the ground below the board to the far right, about fifteen or sixteen inches aback from the wall. The sharp end seemed to dig into the wooden floor, leaving a mark. Not exactly where he was trying to go, but it was good enough.

Pouting, the Hellion turned to face Ember. He poked out his lips and inhaled. "Do I have to keep my bargain?" He ran a hand through his hair with a small, joking simper.

Ember hummed, slowly losing herself to the lust of betting, and thought about what what she was willing to give up. Her life was the highest she ever went and she would have placed it here, but she had a feeling Liefthous wouldn't like it. As she was in thought, said male decided to throw the airow backwards. It caught her by surprise and the woman watched it land on the floor with a small but audible thunk.

She hadn't even given her bet yet! "You do not- I was not ready. There are more airows left. You have the last airow to decide the winner. Your weapon...", Ember paused, trying to think of what to put. "...to..."...she had no idea. It was odd to feeling restricted while betting in all honesty.

Life chuckled, thanking the stars he had another chance. Though.. he didn't want it.

He looked at Ember as he grinned. "You had a perfect chance to take the weapon. If you understand I'm going to fail either way the path goes, why make me walk down the road?" He raised an eyebrow, shrugging. "I'm a terrible shot. Hans can tell you that, for sure. It's also one of the many reasons I don't use pistols nor any other guns."

He smiled, hoping she would just take the dagger and not make him go throw this never-ending pain of watching it so far from his grasp.

"House of Ancestors give those worthy of it, many chances to make up for that which they have lost.", Ember stated, her mind still figuring out her bet. The woman brought nothing with her but what she wore and she was quite certain some clothing would not match the bet of a weapon. After a while of thinking she looked to him.

"Besides your weapon, there is something wished to be haved.", the red-head declared in attempts to draw out some ideas from him in her usual no-question way. She didn't want to step down from a bet and her desire got in the way of seeing the man's hints.

He straightened his posture, his gaze drifting to longly stare at the weapon every now and then. He sighed and raised an eyebrow, smirking as he folded his arms. "Is there?"

Of course, he understood Ember didn't know the importance of his dagger, let alone any weapon he owned. And, of course, he wouldn't tell her such information until she knew she was trusted. Absolutely trusted. He smirked and tilted his head. "I s'ppose you have the sack of coins I gave to you earlier, no?"

He felt guilty for placing the idea of the money he had gave her as a bet, but, either way, he would repay her for the jacket. The thief unfurled his arms and ran his hand through his hair, which was most likely tangled from the amount of times he had messed with it this evening.

Ember blinked. She forgot about the small bag of shiny circles that Liefthous gave to her a little while ago. The woman reached around to the back of her waist to untangle the small bag from her pants and setting it beside the weapon. "Mumy-carrency to weapon.", Ember concluded the place of bets and looked back to the man, just noticing how everywhere his hair seemed to go in now.

"Disagreements of bets be spoken now.", Ember recited her old usual commanding task for others she gambled with. A wave of nostalgia washed over her.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus