Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Unit HJX-6313 AKA Nara (played by Icyrosyseal) Topic Starter

He pushed himself up and looked at Aleron with an emotionless look across his face.“The rocks don’t make sense. We’re getting payed to make the rocks make sense, and they don’t. Everyone gives me the rocks because they’re idiots. I don’t know what to do with this many rocks.” He mumbled, pushing his extremely messy hair out of his eyes.
Aleron Chev (played anonymously)

Aleron raises an eyebrow. "Rocks?" He mumbles. "What do you mean..? Why would people give you rocks?" He blinked in bewilderment. He wondered if this man had gone insane, but he just furrowed his brows and asked questions. Perhaps he wasn’t, perhaps he was. Aleron wasn’t so sure of what to say, nor what to do.

“Because it’s our job to study them, of course. How else would we know what the rocks do? They give me the rocks they’re being payed to study and I do all the work.” He said, sleep deprivation taking its toll.

Aleron stared at the exhausted man with a curious look. "What do you find interesting about rocks..? Why study them?" He questioned, folding his arms with a tilt of his head. Before the man could answer, Aleron asked yet another question. "Are you alright, sir?" He blinked multiple times before he focused on the stranger once again.

He shook his head, sighing. “I don’t find ANYTHING interesting about them. Not a single detail, even despite their more... un-rocklike, qualities. But unit-watching doesn’t exactly put you up in the ranks....” he proclaimed with a yawn. “And to answer your second question, no, I find that I am not quite alright, or even close, because aforementioned rocks need to be watched 24/7 even though nothing. Ever. Changes.” He said, waiting for his coffee to arrive.

"If the rocks don’t change, what’s the point in watching them? Is this some sort of job? Because-" Aleron chuckled lightly, grinning. "-it sounds ridiculous. And, if you don’t enjoy it, why continue doing it? Is it some sort of family tradition?" The knight glimpsed around the bar, narrowing his eyes slightly. He turned back with another question. "Unit-watching?"
Ember AKA Audenzia (played anonymously)

Ember felt the man shift and glanced up to him, wondering if he was going to move. Once he settled down she leaned back into Liefthous; now pressing her cheek to his shoulder instead, her eyes slightly droopy. She was still slightly guilty for using the man but she can't remember the last time she gave herself rest or even slept.

The woman was only half paying attention to the conversation held between the two, a flicker of confusion rippling through her.

“As I’ve explained, it’s a job. It is my job to watch the rocks now. I have no idea what happened to...” he trailed off, staring down at the floor. “It IS ridiculous! I don’t care about the rocks, the authorities don’t care about the rocks, the other leaders don’t care about the rocks, it’s ONLY Zerr, but I can’t argue with Zerr, nooo, Zerr’s never been wrong about something Toby, Zerr knows what he’s doing Toby, you know what happens if you keep this up Toby. That’s all I get! Maybe if you actually showed up to the meetings or told us anything about you at all we’d trust you more!” He said, clearly very angry at this ‘Zerr’ figure. “Oh, unit watching? That was my job before. Well, it still is my job... I’ve kind of got to cover everything by myself. Unit watching was my main thing, though, before I became ‘the rock observer’. It’s basically.... it’s... it’s pretty confidential.” He said, reaching for his drink which just arrived.

Aleron clicked just tongue and nodded, coming to a somewhat understanding. "Well," He leaned back on his heels. "If you could choose some sort of different job, what would you choose?" He took note of the name ‘Zerr’, just in case he would need to recognize the name later in time.
Lief Thous (played by AmberShades)

Lief returned the glance, opening his mouth to ask if he was in fact bothering her in any way. He quickly shut it and turned the other way. He didn’t wish to make things awkward of any sorts, though the silence was ringing in his ears. The thief exhaled and told himself he was overreacting about the situation.

Situation. Was that the right word to use? Perhaps it wasn’t. The Hellion tapped his foot while rethinking this. Of course, he didn’t wish to move and possibly disturb the woman, so he sat still and drew a sharp breath. Perhaps he wasn’t ‘overreacting’. Maybe he was just.. overthinking.

As he was facing the opposite way, he spotted Aleron and blinked. He hadn’t expected his friend to enter the building after leaving in irritation. The Hellion kept an eye on him, guessing he would have to make conversation later with the fellow knight.

“Well, that’s pretty complicated, I’d say. It’s not that I dislike my job, I just wish it was filled with less idiots. And I wish my specimens were alive. But I also don’t like the alive ones....” He said, thinking. “It’s... complicated. What about you, why are you here?” He asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

Aleron battered an eye at Lief, returning the awkward stare. As the man spoke again, Aleron turned back to face him. "I.. just happened to be passing by, I suppose," He shrugged, not giving more reasoning than what was said. He yawned, running his hand through his hair as he raised an eyebrow. "I'm guessing you're here to take a break from your... job?"

“Yes, I suppose you could say that.” He said. His sentences were slowly getting more logical, a sign the caffeine was taking affect. “Oh. A little heads up. If a man comes in at some point claiming to be called Ghi, don’t talk to him. It’s not worth the risk.” He commented, unsure if Ghi was still following him but not wanting to take any unnecessary risks just in case he was.

He nodded once, slanting his heel back slightly. "Who is 'Ghi', if I may ask?" He questioned, crossing his arms with a curious peer. "And why is he 'not worth the risk'? Is he dangerous or some sort of a potential threat?" He pondered for a moment, his brows pinched together. He didn't feel like walking in on yet another fight, seeming as he was exhausted and had many more tasks he had to take care of before stepping foot outside this tavern once again.

“Oh, He’s just-“ suddenly the coffee finally did its job, and he returned to his usual self completely. “Well. Isn’t this...” he squinted his eyes. “...inconvenient.” He glared at Aleron. “Listen. It’s nothing personal, and I mean no impoliteness, but I’m in possession of some very important secrets. SO.” He flipped a crimson pistol out of his pocket, pointing it at Aleron’s neck. “Why don’t you quickly do me a favour and tell me just exactly everything I’ve told you?” He said, the expression on his face one of mild annoyance at worst.

The guard smiled, closing his eyes for a moment to draw a breath before opening them again. "No need to draw weapons, Sir," He stated, recalling this oddly familiar situation from earlier. What was with people and pistols? And why did Aleron seem to draw them like moths to a flame? "You've said something about your job and a few.. friends of yours? Apparently, you watch rocks, but don't take much interest in the hobby. Though, you believe it to be better than your last.. What was it..? Unit-watching? Eh, something like that. You never did explain what that was, I recall. Oh! And you've mentioned your friends' names.. Ghi and-" He snapped his fingers. "Zerr?" He didn't turn, but he wore a smirk and glimpsed at the man. "I believe that's it, besides a few complaints."

He raised an eyebrow, but put his gun back in its holster nonetheless. “Very well. My apologies, one can never be too careful these days.” He said, taking another drink from his coffee. “So, I believe that was me overstaying my welcome at this table?” He asked, taking out a small green cube.

He blinked, silently exhaling. "No need to apologize. It isn't the first time someone's struggled to keep a secret or two," He chuckled lightly, straightening his posture. "And, no need to move, I suppose. You have done nothing to.. highly threaten anyone's life." Aleron shrugged before anxiously adding, "Not that I didn't doubt you were going to shoot, but-" He glimpsed at the cube with curiosity and interest glistening through his eyes, and he stopped speaking to study it for a moment.

((I must go now, my bedsheets need me- see you tomorrow!))

(( Cya! ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus