Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Ember AKA Audenzia (played anonymously)

Ember nodded and noticed his expression. "Yes...", she wondered if it was wrong to be given the ability. The woman knew that it doesn't just happen. He seemed scared in a way. Worry flashed over her again; does he think if her being something else again? She hoped not.

Clarify! "A!...A group of people who were in attempts to make a House of their own, were in plans to kill off another House to make room for themselves.", Ember started with small hand gestures to follow. "My House's previous...Overseer-", the red-head felt a wave of emotion run through her. She didn't talk about him much anymore, let alone think about him, and it was uncomfortable now.

"- had gone. As Deputy, I was to be the next. The Houses were told to destroy the fake one. In the result of a failed battle, an Ancestor of House Insight had forced the ability to me.", the woman recalled with glazed eyes. "He had wanted Bu- the fake Overseer to die and myself was the one to do so."

She finished with a shift in her seat, not fond of the memories. It was worth it if Liefthous would understand that she was still not a meowser.
Lief Thous (played by AmberShades)

He was still panicked, despite her explanation. "It.. was just passed onto you? Did you have a say in the decision?" The idea of her possibly being a mouser was long gone, and it was replaced with the idea of traditions much like his own. Though he was anxious at the thought, it also angered him to the slightest. A million ways to gain an ability, yet it was forced upon someone? "And, if I may ask, how was it done?"

Perhaps their culture wasn’t like his. Perhaps they didn’t use blades and fire and drew blood and caused the deaths of many. Perhaps they didn’t even do the ritual in public. Perhaps he was just overthinking this! He drew a small breath, attempting to calm himself. Don’t jinx it. Don’t jinx it. Why couldn’t he calm down to the slightest amount? Perhaps it was the memories. Or, perhaps, it was the fact he didn’t wish for his traditions to be like others.

Ember still mentally debated if it was a good idea to tell the man about it, and slowly answered his questions. "I am unsure of how it came to be. It was never in told.", the red-head narrowed her eyes slightly at the first answer she gave. No matter how many times she or any Overseer tried to asked about the powers, the House of Ancestors never told them. It was frustrating to most- yet she herself couldn't care for it.

"I had no speech in such. A word of 'must' I was told as it was that to protect the Houses.", the woman continued with answering, keeping an eye on his expression. At the last question she hesitated for a while before speaking. "I was forced have of Gen's, Ancestor, remaining lives from his time previous after my own death. In use of those spare lives, I was sent back into life.", the Leader explained with a short rub of the back of her neck.

Lief swallowed, his smile taking weak form over his expression. It was as if he had just became sick; which wasn’t truly incorrect. He felt like he had been hit along his face, for it brought pain just to muster a small grin. The male’s thoughts came a mile per minute, and he could barely grasp on an idea before he moved on to the next. Taking a deep breath, he gathered the strength to speak.

"I.. won’t ask anything else." He murmured, letting go of the pervious taken breath. "Except.. are you alright?" He looked up, meeting her eyes for a moment. Though, he recoiled slightly and sat straight, lowering his gaze to his lap as he folded his arms.

Ember put her hand down and uncrossed her legs. "...A little upset at pushed memories. Not of Liefthous' fault.", she tried to reassure him with the truth and then actual reassurance. Everything was whirling inside of her; pain, anger, guilt, sorrow, being lost. The first few years were hard- extremely hard for her after dying and being forced to come back.

She wasn't even chosen to be forced to receive the lives. She just happened to be dead at the wrong time in the wrong place. Or right time and place, depending on which way it's looked at. The woman could've died and just stayed that way. Then she wouldn't need to see her cl- no. A deep breath in and out, she closed her eyes. Don't think like that.

Ember looked to the man across from her and realized that she was still facing him, angling her body to turn towards the table once more. Hands on said wooden table of drinks flexed slightly.

He exhaled, pinching the bridge of his nose in hopes that his headache would fade. His eye shut, he lifted his chin slightly to face the ceiling. "The one time.." He huffed quietly, not meaning to say as loud as he did. Though, he had mo reaction to his words, as if he hadn’t realized he said them. Reopening his eye, he leaned against the back of the seat, refusing to allow his headache bother him.

He debated his next action, and, after internal bickering, he placed a hand over his forehead. Though he was going to somewhat heal the headache, he decided it wasn’t worth the effort. Lowering his hand, the male grinned and tossed a look at Ember.

"I s’ppose we both have some sorts of painful pasts, hm?" He chuckled lightly. He clasped his hands together in hopes of bringing himself somewhat of comfort, though nothing seemed to change the way the memories brought a piercing ache to his mind.

Ember tilted her head back to look at him, mildly confused at his first words. One time what? A few questioned rung through her head but she jumped slightly at his sudden words after alongside the clap. She wondered if he enjoyed giving her mini heart attacks and decided on the answer of yes before she even considered asking it.

"That is so.", the red-head agreed with him, with an imitation of the grin he gave her.

He flashed another smile, looking sideways at her. He snickered at the grin, rolling his eyes jokingly. He stretched again, shifting his shoulders back and resting his crossed arms against his chest. Yawning, he moved his gaze to the ceiling once again.

Did he overthink to much? Perhaps he did, but he would like to believe he was just being cautious or overprotective. But why would be be overprotective in the first place? What was he protecting? He gave a small scoff at himself. He was overthinking the fact he thought he was overthinking! He poked his lips outwards slightly, pinching his eyebrows slightly.

Ember blinked friendly at him before turning her attention to the table of cup of drinks- being stopped short by the sound of her stomach growling faintly. Oh yeah...food. She forgot the last time she ate and slept. They weren't too important and she hadn't seen a place to properly rest in the Hall, unless she fancied a wall and sitting up. Something she could do though prefer not to if it can be avoided. Seeing as that problem wasn't going to be answered anytime soon, the woman looked around for signs of something to eat.

Lief opened his mouth to speak, though he found her gazing around the room aimlessly. He blinked. "..Is everything alright?" He eventually asked, curious of watch she seemed to be looking for. He questioned if he was being bothersome in any way, but he brushed away the question; though, it still lingered throughout his mind. He still attempted to follow her stare, though he lost track of it seconds later. Resting his hands on the back of his head, he remained in the position to stretch for a moment. Exhaling, the male lowered his arms to his sides, then decided his current way of sitting was too stiff for his liking. So, in order to give himself some comfort, he folded both arms onto the table, trying to keep his thoughts away from what could've happened there previously.

Ember continued to look, glancing to Liefthous when she spoke. "A place of drink is a place of food.", she theorized lightly, spinning in her chair now. She thought she could smell something similar to food when she first walked in and whatever it was lingered faintly in the air all around, in contrast with her vision which couldn't see it- yet.

Another small growl made her want to shrink into herself, hoping the man couldn't hear it, and "casually" played it off.

"I'm not positive the food here would be..." The Hellion clicked his tongue, attempting to draw a word from his vocabulary, "enjoyable, let alone acceptable for one's health." The male inhaled and glimpsed over the crowd, trying to help locate said food, if any at all. "But, if you are in need of something to eat, I s'ppose this is the only option at the moment, hm?" He had heard the growl, yet his reaction was a small smile and a quiet chuckle. He didn't understand why she had growled, but he found something amusing about it. It wasn't like something he heard people do often, so this was a first.

"To hunt for food is in acceptance here...", Ember wondered in a mumble as she gazed to the Hall doors, making small movements to stand, yet stayed on her seat nonetheless.

She had spotted some animals on the way here, not exactly meal-sized, but enough to hold her down for a while. Birds were too much work and deer were too fast for her with the state of her hands. Yet distant howls of wolves had caught her attention some fields away from the Hall before she went in. They were easy to take down at sunhigh if you knew how- and she knew how. Yet the task would require her to leave the place and most likely leave Liefthous for the time. The woman glanced to him at the thought and blinked to the male, deciding to try and make it seem as if she wasn't necessarily thinking of his health. Not only did it seem rude to leave, but it sent faint worry into her mind. If an attack were to happen she couldn't help if she was gone and he might die.

Then the chance of him coming with her wasn't good either. Irritating his wound, noise, also possibility of an attack...a few things could go wrong. So she moved back to her seat, a frustrated huff leaving her.

"One must require food here in a certain way, if not hunt.", Ember turned back to the man, feeling a little helpless.

The words were simple; 'I don't exactly consume food', yet.. he couldn't say it. He wasn't exactly sure why, but the words were on the tip of his tongue nevertheless. The male leaned back with a smirk, turning his attention to her with a tip of his head. "You are allowed to go.. 'hunt'," He shrugged with a small laugh. "I'll be fine. I'm sure nothing will happen if I don't run my mouth or choose a battle." It was a light joke, though he was giving himself a somewhat weak warning. Most of the fights or bickerments he had been in was most likely due to the fact he had drawn a weapon or stated something snarky in response to someone. Of course, he had somewhat of a better control of his temper now, but his sall disliking for strangers still stirred as he sent a glance around the Hall.

"I wouldn't starve yourself over the choice of me being alone." He proclaimed, returning his focus back to the woman. "As I said before, I'll be fine. No need to worry, hm? You may go 'hunt' for said food."

Ember narrowed and cast her eyes to the ground in thought at his words, a little numbed now. Though she looked back up quickly to nod to him, standing up after and stretching her legs swiftly. Leaning over the table she took a final sip of her drink, now empty, and stuck her tongue out at it's odd warmth.

Once done the red-head shifted her gaze from the door to Liefthous a few times before tenderly taking out the weapon she had won some time previous. She could almost feel her skin singe at the closeness of the sharp as she took it out from her waist, letting out a breath in relief. Ember quickly placed it on the table in front of him as she walked by.

"It would be in my way.", she explained with one of Liefthous' smirks thrown over her shoulder at him as she gradually made her way to the large doors.

A smile spread across his expression, followed by a speechless chuckle. He reached for the dagger, his grasp tight on its hilt as he flipped the blade towards his belt. Locking it into place, he rolled his eyes and cupped his hands over his mouth. "Thank you!" He snickered, raising his voice slightly so the woman could hear it. The male leaned against the seat, crossing his legs with a small shake of his head. "I'm not sure why you still remain skeptical." The Hellion told no one in particular, his gaze lifting to the roof once more. His hands folded together as he placed them on his lap with a duck of his head. "I understand you have your ways of doing things, but I seem to have a way of doing mine." He scoffed, bothered by his ruffled ponytail as it dangled over his shoulder. "Though, I-" He cut himself off, furrowing his eyebrows. He seemed to be listening, though nobody around the table was speaking directly at him. With an exhale, he continued the weak argument in his thoughts.

Ember straightened her back with pride as she heard the call from behind her, content that she had made him content as well. She blinked at no one in a kind way and pulled open the doors with next to no effort on her part, finding herself gazing at them in awe once more as they slid gracefully towards her. With a step back to avoid being hit, the red-head peered through and thought of her next moves.

She was to hunt for the wolves she heard some while ago, in a place she knew nothing of. Ember walked through the entryway and turned to close the doors now. With one last glance to the white-haired companion, she shut them. The woman realized here that she forget to ask him if he had wanted any food. A short debate with herself lead her to continue on her way; she would bring him something to eat regardless.

Night birds were often plush with meat and, without any offence, Liefthous needed a bit more meat in him. He looked far too skinny. With plan in mind, the grey-eyed Leader made her way out of the Hall to hunt, promising herself to be back soon.

He.. was already bored.

He was done bickering more than a moment ago, and he rested his head on his hand. Aleron would often compare him to a child; talkative, irritated at the smallest things, and not good with keeping himself entertained for too long. He rolled his eyes at the thought. The male sent another look around the tavern, curious if there was anything he could possibly do. He rose to his feet and stretched, slipping past two men speaking with one another in low voices. His eye drifted to the feather in the man's satchel, and he guessed it was a quill of some sort. Being curious and not caring if he was caught, Lief 'accidently' knocked into the man, a fake apology spilling from his lips nearly as soon as their shoulders brushed together. Meanwhile, his fingertips skimmed over the feather, bringing it from its place.

Or.. he thought it had moved.

Still walking in the opposite direction, Lief whipped around when he heard a yelp of a bird. His eye went wide, and he immediately let go of the feather. Squinting, he noticed it was multiple feathers that had faded and tucked neatly, giving the idea it was only one. He looked back at the man, a careless shrug taking place alongside a sly smirk. He was questioning why a bird, of all things, was in the bag, but he didn't feel the need to ask. He most likely didn't want to know, in the first place. Perhaps it was for support, or perhaps they were smugglers. Either way, he didn't seem to care. Turning swiftly on his heels, the thief laughed at the murmured curses of the man, but jumped when he saw the bird leap past him. What chaos had he started?

He drew a breath and shuffled out of the way, snickering as he watched the two men fumble after the bird. He nearly forgot what he was doing to begin with, though it came back to him. The male needed something to write with, and he scanned over the crowd, making a mental note not to take a feather from one's bag.

(( I am going to be really busy the rest of this month, but I'll try to reply when I can! Apologies for actually making you bored eventually! ;-; ))

(( Pfft! No Worries! It's The Holidays, So People Are Usually Busy. Don't Stress 'Bout It! :) ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus