Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Adventures Of A Lost Cause Gap Year (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

spiral-kun

so i have a couple ideas and want to know if anyone's up for them

1- my first idea is kind of more normal, but it has tons of room to expand and twist! it'd start out with, like, i don't know some foreign exchange program needing a place to host all the incoming kids (who could be college aged or high school aged, depending on what you're more comfortable with) and I thought it'd be cool if they ended up staying all together in some rich kid's mansion! the roleplay would probably be more friendship and (if you want) relationship based, but it'd be a lot of getting on the other characters bad sides, nerves, playing dumb pranks, growing up and getting closer, or realizing they just wouldn't work together! We could throw in some drama if you want, I'm always down for some drama.

2- basically follows two gangs. Not like bloods and crips, but stupid kids who think they're tough shit and there's no one bigger to tell them otherwise. One gang would be from one side of town, and the other from a side of town pretty far away, but they'd go to the same school. So they wouldn't see each other outside classes often. i'm thinking one would be the richer side and the other would be the poorer side of town, kind of The Outsider's style but we'd try and keep from that i guess.

Anyway, i thought we could have the plot progress from the two gangs being at each other's throats all the time to them eventually settling their differences, maybe in the face of an upcoming bigger threat? The only key things in this that I would want to happen would be, 1) the leaders of both gangs used to be good friends and (either one or both) are still sore about their messy friendship break-up, and/or 2) one member from each gang meet over the summer and become friends, only to have that friendship complicate things once summer's over and the gangs start hating each other again.

and that's it!
if you're interested let me know!";
How long would the kids be staying at the mansion? It sounds to me like you're talking about a few years, which seems fun although unrealistic. (Wow, that sounds like I'm shooting down the idea. IM NOT! I LIKE IT A LOT!)

And ooh! Romeo and Juliet style drama set in between two "gangs?" This reeks of fake teenage drama!

.... I love it.

Unfortunately, as much as I'd love an RP with ya, I don't really have any "normal" characters- They all stray into the fantastic!

Although, I could adapt one to be "normal," I suppose... It would be fun to RP Austin as a high schooler. :O

That's perfect. That's exactly what I'll do.

YESYESYES.

Okay, ahem. Indeed. I think I'd like to do the mansion RP, but the gang RP is cool too. Both would require a group, no? And they'd be long-term?

That's PERFECT.

I'll make an RPR group right away.
Oaky wrote:
How long would the kids be staying at the mansion? It sounds to me like you're talking about a few years, which seems fun although unrealistic. (Wow, that sounds like I'm shooting down the idea. IM NOT! I LIKE IT A LOT!)

And ooh! Romeo and Juliet style drama set in between two "gangs?" This reeks of fake teenage drama!

.... I love it.

Unfortunately, as much as I'd love an RP with ya, I don't really have any "normal" characters- They all stray into the fantastic!

Although, I could adapt one to be "normal," I suppose... It would be fun to RP Austin as a high schooler. :O

YESYESYES.

Okay, ahem. Indeed. I think I'd like to do the mansion RP, but the gang RP is cool too. Both would require a group, no? And they'd be long-term?

That's PERFECT.

I must say good sir, I lol'd at your enthusiasm xD
spiral-kun Topic Starter

Oaky wrote:

.... I love it.

YESYESYES.

That's PERFECT.

hi oaky!! i'm new here so you're gunna have to help me out, where is this RP group?? am i included
im sorry i'm very confused

besides that i'll answer you questions ahaha
uh i was thinking they would stay with Rich Kid Mansion Guy for a maximum of two years, if it's a school exchange program! and after that they would go back to their home country or find somewhere else to stay for the rest of their studying abroad! aaand it's a roleplay, we can bend the rules of realistic and not-realistic a little, can't we?? : D

BUT YEAH you've got the gang one mapped out
that's what it is
teen drama with kids who think they're tough shit and fight too much

ACTUALLY i'm not sure if we would need a group for the gang one, that would all depend on how you would want to play it. if you want to focus mainly on the leaders who used to be friends and the kids who meet over the summer, then it could just be us two doubling up and having the rest of the gangs (which i imagined rather small, say five or six to a gang) as almost NPC

but for the school one i think a group would be better, definitely

(ALSO THANKS FOR REPLYING SOBS I WAS SO NERVOUS)
... Lol Oaky.

I think both of these would be interesting enough to do. It's been a while since I've been in a normal RP xD like Oaky, most of my characters tend to stray into the paranormal/fantastical.
But placing them in normal situations to see how they react are funny too.
spiral-kun Topic Starter

LuciferBrimstone wrote:
... Lol Oaky.

I think both of these would be interesting enough to do. It's been a while since I've been in a normal RP xD like Oaky, most of my characters tend to stray into the paranormal/fantastical.

: DD so are you saying you'd be up for being in a group with Oaky and i??
spiral-kun wrote:
Oaky wrote:

.... I love it.

YESYESYES.

That's PERFECT.

hi oaky!! i'm new here so you're gunna have to help me out, where is this RP group?? am i included
im sorry i'm very confused

besides that i'll answer you questions ahaha
uh i was thinking they would stay with Rich Kid Mansion Guy for a maximum of two years, if it's a school exchange program! and after that they would go back to their home country or find somewhere else to stay for the rest of their studying abroad! aaand it's a roleplay, we can bend the rules of realistic and not-realistic a little, can't we?? : D

BUT YEAH you've got the gang one mapped out
that's what it is
teen drama with kids who think they're tough shit and fight too much

ACTUALLY i'm not sure if we would need a group for the gang one, that would all depend on how you would want to play it. if you want to focus mainly on the leaders who used to be friends and the kids who meet over the summer, then it could just be us two doubling up and having the rest of the gangs (which i imagined rather small, say five or six to a gang) as almost NPC

but for the school one i think a group would be better, definitely

(ALSO THANKS FOR REPLYING SOBS I WAS SO NERVOUS)

No! RPR has a feature called "Groups" where you make basically your own mini RP website where all the players/characters are. I was referring to this and a group of people.

I'd love to do the exchange student one- I think Austin would be a real blast to play. He could be the "rich kid" if you don't mind (I've had him set as a kind of upper-class background, although it isn't integral to his story.) Unless the setting is somewhere outside the US, of course. ;)

Both of em involve high school and potential drama, but I'd prefer the first one. (Okay, Oaky, you've said that like five times now) so if a few other people decide to join up it'd be pretty great!

Also, would the RPs take place real-time? (Would we RP the entire two years? Or time skip?)

ALSO, BETTER THAN ADAPTING ONE CHARACTER, I COULD ADAPT TWO!!! :O

Jane would be super fun to RP as a high schooler as well. (Although she is arguably still late high school age now) perhaps an alternate timeline or maybe before she was turned into a freak? I would imagine her being the life of the party before she became paranoid of human contact.

(YOU'RE WELCOME, IM ALWAYS OPEN TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS)
spiral-kun wrote:
LuciferBrimstone wrote:
... Lol Oaky.

: DD so are you saying you'd be up for being in a group with Oaky and i??

Also yes. (It's okay, I'm volunteering her. This is perfectly normal because we're friends IRL.)
Yeah, I'll be in a group with you and Oaky ^3^ I'm always up for an RP.
Austin as a high schooler? I've gotta see that.
I wonder who I would use...
AND WOW OAKY. MAKING MY DECISIONS FOR ME, WHAT NEXT, CUTTING MY FOOD-
Lol I'm jk. XD
spiral-kun Topic Starter

awwww you guys are IRL friends?? how sweet : 3 :
Yeah, we're buddies, aren't we Oaky? *gives an affectionate noogie*
Gosh, I'm not sure who I would be.
Nick would definitely be interesting.
Jason, maybe...
Shawn and Shane? Hmm... Again, interesting. But anything involving Shane involves death so that probably won't work.
Randall and Josh? Hmm.
Leon and Anthony as high schoolers? LOLZ.
spiral-kun Topic Starter

okay! : DD
so we're doing the first one with Austin as the Host Kid with the Mansion!!
i can make the RP group if you like- get everything sorted!
also don't worry
bRING YOUR CHARACTERS EMOTIONAL BAGGAGE, BRING AS MUCH OF THEIR ORIGINAL STORIES AS YOU CAN TRANSLATE INTO A MODERN DAY HIGH SCHOOL SETTING
this is gunna be good, yeah?? : D
LuciferBrimstone wrote:
Yeah, we're buddies, aren't we Oaky? *gives an affectionate noogie*
Gosh, I'm not sure who I would be.
Nick would definitely be interesting.
Jason, maybe...
Shawn and Shane? Hmm... Again, interesting. But anything involving Shane involves death so that probably won't work.
Randall and Josh? Hmm.
Leon and Anthony as high schoolers? LOLZ.

LEON AND ANTHONY DON'T MEET UNTIL THEY'RE ADULTS REMEMBER

GOSH I KNOW YOUR STORIES BETTER THAN YOU DO.
spiral-kun wrote:
awwww you guys are IRL friends?? how sweet : 3 :

... Indeed.
GAH. THAT'S TRUE.
But this isn't Brains, remember? So I can have them meet as high schoolers if I want, unless it'll turn into a zombie apocalypse story later on.
But if you want to stick to the original story, the fine, I'll be one or the other. -.-

Indeed. That means I get to poke you at random times. *pokes*
Yeah, I'll be Nick and Jason. They're pretty good constants for pretty much anything.
spiral-kun Topic Starter

What should i name the group;;;
LuciferBrimstone wrote:
GAH. THAT'S TRUE.
But this isn't Brains, remember? So I can have them meet as high schoolers if I want, unless it'll turn into a zombie apocalypse story later on.
But if you want to stick to the original story, the fine, I'll be one or the other. -.-

Indeed. That means I get to poke you at random times. *pokes*

YA WANNA POKE FIGHT, MISS? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT???
Names? I can't help with names :/ sorry. I come up with the lamest crap. I mean, brains, seriously? That was the best I could come up with?

And don't start with me, Oaky, you will not win that poke fight.
spiral-kun Topic Starter

ok i made it;;;
edit I DONT KNOW HOW ANYTHING WORKS
Kewl-
What's the name of it, or can you post a linky?
Oh dear xD the mods are always really helpful if you need them.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Adventures Of A Lost Cause Gap Year (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus