Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New Start(1x1)

"True." The forest started the thin out onto a rocky there line, which itself thinned down to pebbles and black sand. The water was clear and ice cold, afew chunks of ice floating around in the water. "It's odd though. This year had been warmer than most." He kicked up a rock and looked up at the sky, clear and pale blue, littered with clouds.
Daimonas Blackwell (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Alex shrugged. "Global warming, man." He grinned up at Howie, knowing he would get some super scientific reply out of him for that. He was just trying to have some fun, he didn't want to tell Howie, but he had a bad feeling something was going to happen that will impact the both of him, but he couldn't tell if it was bad or good. So much has happened in these pasted couple days. who knows what else lays in store for the two of them.
"Global warming!" Howie's eyes lit up and he crossed his arms, pretending to be very serious. "Most scientists like to deny the fact of what's happening to our planet, but i know oherwise! Indeed our planet is warming up, burning out from the inside. But still..that doesn't explain why this summer is suddenly much hotter than others." Howie looked over to Alex and shook his head, laughing. "Sorry, i'm such a contrast to what you know and live by. Science and Magic are complete opposites, in a sense."

Alex laughed too. "I expected that kind of response from you." He said as Howie apologized for that. "And Magic and Science are very different and very alike in many of different ways. Science helps keeps things alike but does not give it's color, while Magic gives everything color. Here, let me give an example." He plucked a small yellow buttercup. "Science helps give this flower the structure and explains how it works, but the effect it has on someone is magic and the color of the flower is magic. Magic exist in everyone, its in their thinking and imagination, just they don't know it. Science can't explain how or why a person acts they way they do, but magic explains that."
Howie listened to what Alex said, and he froze as a new understanding blossomed in his mind. He understood. Magic had always been there, all along...yet Alex was right. He refused to believe in it, even if he read and understood. But now..it seemed like Howie finally did understand. The world suddenly took on a much brighter hue. The sky became bright and Howie had to close his eyes for a moment. He sucked in a breath and slowly opened his eyes. Clearly, something had changed in his life. In his everything. Quietly, he murmured,"wow.."

(You like what I did there? XD)

Alex nodded. "It is strange how the world works, without magic or science, there would be nothing. Both exist together and work together. I have always seen the world this way. You see now that even thought many don't know it, magic exist in their mind and heart." He watched as his turned a bright white color and the flower shifted and changed. It was soon into the form of a mirror. "Here, this will help you be able to see those who have a larger supply of magic and can use it better. It can come in very handy in the way the world works. Witches have a naturally built in sense that allows them to notice creatures that are in the form of a human and act like a human, but very much is not human."
Howie blinked out of his daze and looked at the mirror in Alex's hand that had once been a flower. He shifted his gaze from the mirror to Alex. "I can have it?" He didn't feel as though he deserved such a thing, and if he did get to keep it, Howie would cherish it forever. He could feel himself changing, feel his mind opening up to the impossible. What Alex was saying made so much sense. Why had he not listened before? Howie was thankful to have Alex here. Without them meeting, he would never had realized how much wonder the world held. He looked to the mirror again, watching its surface flicker. Alex said it would come in handy. Did he know something Howie didn't?

(Yes, I did!)

Alex nodded. "Yes, it will come in handy when it comes to vampires, werewolves, witches, and other magical creatures that can change to look like humans. There are many things in this world that have been kept secret from humans to protect them." He held out the mirror to Howie.
He took the mirror, still a bit dazed by it all. Werewolves and witches and vampires..they all existed? He looked into the mirror and only saw himself. Howie nodded. "I'll keep this close." He still wondered by Alex had brought this up so suddenly. He must know that something was coming. That fact worried the taller boy.

Alex wanted to make sure that if something bad was coming that Howie had a way of knowing what is human and what is not. Through the mirror, Alex's power was hard to tell, there was a small amount that was pure white but it was in the center of something stronger but it was a deeper shade of white, not as pure as the power that he used now. Alex couldn't use the mirror, it would be the same as a regular mirror to him. He knew he could become protective, but he had good reasons each time.
Howie tucked the small mirror into his pocket. He would keep it close, and remember to use it. There was sure to be something coming, he could feel it. Besides, having some assurance in the new world he could see was a good help. He would keep both Alex and this mirror with him, for their safety and his own.

Alex smiled as Howie put the mirror in his pocket. He really didn't know what to say now. It actually felt better for him to let go of his secret and let Howie know because he hated holding this form people he cared about. He hated keeping secrets, period, but there was only one thing he knew was best not to tell Howie, he couldn't bare seeing fear in his eyes because of what he did when he found the demon that had killed his parents that unfaithful night. He never wanted to see that side of him again.
Howie could feel the cool metal against his thigh and it felt like a comfort. He looked out at the water and coughed, making sure to cover it. There was a sense of uneasiness in his stomach now. Something was sure to happen now, but what? He knew this was going to worry him for a while. Howie glanced over to Alex and smiled despite himself. "Thank you for sharing this with me. I feel honored to know."

Alex looked over the lake, his eyes cloudy from him drifting off into thought. He was thinking about that night, still so clear in his mind. The blood, the flames licking his skin, the salty tears running down his young face, everything. It was the most vivid memory he has ever had before. He hadn't heard Howie until after a couple seconds. He looked over at him and smiled. "There's no need to thank me, it is good to be able to not hide my secret from you."
Howie smiled and nodded, agreeing with him. His brow furrowed slightly and he looked at Alex, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Are you alright?" The younger boy's face had gotten paler and he didn't look well. Howie's eyes grew darker with concern and he frowned slightly. "Something is troubling your mind. You can tell me."

Alex looked down at the ground and shook his head. " It's nothing important." He mumbled then returned his smile back to his face. " Let's go ahead and get home, it's getting really cold out here." He didn't want to tell Howie because he didn't want him tho shut him out because of another side of him that he couldn't control and hadn't seen in years.
Howie looked at Alex for a long moment and didn't say anything. He could tell when someone was hiding something, or changing the subject. He didn't push it though, people were untitled to their secrets. "Alright. It is getting pretty cold." Howie turned and walked away from the water's edge, back into the surrounding forest.

(Finally! What happen to you, man???)

Alex followed beside Howie. He had a feeling Howie knew he was hiding something, but Alex just didn't want him to think he was some crazy person with a split personality or some pyshco guy who might kill him in his sleep. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, keeping quiet. He was horrible at hiding things, even his magic was a hard one because he had to practice it. No question.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New Start(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus