Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New Start(1x1)

Howie thanked Alex and nodded, heading upstairs to the bathroom in his attic. He was utterly chilled, but that had been more fun than he'd had in a while. Waging it, Howie thought the chances were worth it. He accidentally burned his chest and forearms in the shower though; unaware at how hot the water had been in his chilled condition.

downstairs, Howie's father sat up from his wide ovary white desk and furrowed his brows. "How long were you boys out and about?" He motioned to some plastic containers of food on the table, some tuna casserole and green beans, left overs from the night before. His father never cooked, and Howie wasn't too fantastic at it, but he studied enough to make them food to survive.
Daimonas Blackwell (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Alex shrugged. "Maybe about an hour or so. We left around sunset." He said. "Let me change first then I'll eat." He went upstairs to his and Howie's room. He began to get undressed, having a bit of trouble with his shirt because it clung tightly to not only his skin but his burn scar. Once he got his shirt off, he gently touched his scar, only to have the light burning sensation spread all over his body. That was what he got for staying in a burning house for ten minutes. He spent have of it in the overall shock of his parents death. Alex shook his head free of the memory, keeping himself calm as he could. He finished changing but he couldn't find a shirt to wear so he decided it wouldn't kill him to not wear one in a house full of guys.
After about a bottles worth of aloe, Howie had dried himself off and gotten into some pajama pants, flannel and light blue in color. He brushed his teeth and flossed, sneezing a few times in between. It seemed that he had indeed gotten some sort of sickness, but it didn't seem too bad. He would just have to hold it in around his father. In search of a new sweater Howie left the bathroom, drying his hair. Alex was in the room also, and Howie was only slightly phased to see his bare back. He noticed the unusually red scar though, and it worried him. "That looks painful," he mumbled quietly as he handed Alex a towel. He then walked over to his closet to look for that new sweater.

Alex hadn't heard Howie come in, still searching for a shirt then sighed right when Howie spoke, making him jump slightly. "Huh?" He asked before he realized what Howie said. "Yeah, more than you would think." Most would think by now, the scar would be pink, but it was still red as if he had just gotten the bandages off for it a few weeks ago. "I'm gonna go head and grab something to eat, you want me to bring you back something?" He asked, looking over at Howie while he was in the doorway.
Howie was slipping a dark blue sweater over his head when Alex answered him, and he pulled it down his chest before answering. "Sure. Whatever he scavenged up." Howie wasn't one to eat healthily though; that was the one odd thing about him. He adore treats, candy, soda. He was never one to sit down with a salad.

Alex nodded. "Alright." He left the room and went down stairs. Alex actually did eat health food, one of the many things his parents had told him to always do. He rarely ate sweets and he was use to it. He liked his diet, it had proven to not take only effect on him health wise, but his magic was stronger than those witches he had met with different diets. He fixed him and Howie some food, heating it up in the microwave for a minute while he grabbed forks. He then started to walk back upstairs.
Howie's father didn't say anything as he watched, but he was drawn to the scar. He was curious of why it looked like he'd only been burned yesterday. Had it happened at that orphanage? He would ask Alex later tough, the kid seemed determined to get that food upstairs. He chuckled to himself. He was fitting right in, without a problem.

Howie had settled at his desk again and was very busy at once, catching up on the information he missed all day. He had all six monitors live, trying on several at once. There was also his notebook at his side, which he paused to write things in when needed. He was currently writing a theorum formula for a new chemical to dissect. He didn't hear Alex come in due to the large headphones over his ears, playing morse code messages from the 1800's.

Alex came into the room and saw Howie with headphones on and working on something. He just guessed it was a project for school or something. He set Howie's plate gently on the desk, close enough to where it should cross Howie's venison and not fall off the desk but far enough to not get on his work. Alex set his plate down on his bed and then removed the headphones that were over Howie's ears. "You might want to eat first, it helps to think better on a full stomach." He said as he place the headphones around Howie's neck and sat down on his bed, putting his plate in his lap.
Howie side-glanced at Alex and then the food, his fingers still typing. Oh. He remembered burning that tuna casserole. Last night, to be exact. "Thank you, Alex." He continued to type with one hand as his left reached over to the bowl, picking it up and resting it in his lap as he ate silently. He finished typing his report for the chemical and got up, taking the bowl with him into the small door at the far eight corner of the room. His lab.

Alex thought about asking what Howie was doing but decided against it. If Howie wanted to tell him, he would. Alex finished eating his tuna casserole and stood up. He walked down stairs, and into the kitchen. He rinsed out his bowl and fork then put them in the dishwasher. He then went back up stairs. He had a long day with many different twists and turns, and he was ready to get some sleep.
Howie heard Alex leave and then return. He peeked into the room and noticed just how tired he looked. Howie got up and turned the bright monitors off, then the lights themselves. "You should get some rest. It's been an awfully long day for the both of us." He ruffled Alex' s soft hair as he passed again, going back to the lab. "Goodnight."

Alex yawned while saying "Goodnight." He laid down in bed, pulling the covers over him. He played with the ring on a chain around his neck, remembering the night his mother gave it to. He had a feeling she knew what was going to happen wanted to make sure that he knew she loved him and wanted him to have something to remember her by. Before he knew it, Alex was fast asleep, lost in his memories of his parents.
(hhh forgive me, i hadn't known!)

Howie stayed up later than he had in a few weeks, fueled by sugar. He could hear Alex's breathing slow into a rhythm and knew he had fallen asleep. It took several more hours of typing and testing until his energy was spent and Howie passed out from lack of sleep. He rested his head on the cool desk top and fell into a clouded sleep. He slept hard and without dreams.

(It is fine. XD I should have told you. :3)

Alex had woken up early in the morning and saw that Howie was passed out at his desk. Alex smiled and shook his head lightly, he expected this form Howie. He got up and out of bed quietly and took his blanket, putting it gently on Howie's shoulders. He then grabbed some of his clothes and went to the bathroom to change so he wouldn't wake Howie. He saw that Mr. Daniels was still asleep as well. A good chance to practice a little magic. I don't want to freak them out with what I really am. Alex thought with a small sigh. He tip toed down stairs and went outside. He hadn't walked long before he heard a bird chirping loudly, trying to get someone's attention. Alex saw the poor bird, and saw that it had a broken wing. He gently picked up the small winged creature. "You poor thing." He said. He didn't think to look around to see if anyone was near by. "Now this will hurt." He said in a soothing voice to the bird as he gently stretched out the bird's broken wing. The bird chirped painfully. A bright white light came form Alex's hand and spread across the bird's wing. Then the light disappeared and the bird's wing was fixed. Alex let the bird fly away with the fixed winged.
The littlest of a touch roused Howie, but only after Alex was heading down the stairs. He looked at the blanket and then the door. Where was he going? Howie figured he must be getting food, but that was disrupted by the sound of the front door closing, its quiet steel grinding as it closed. Why was he going outside?Howie set the blanket on Alex's bed and sneezed. Ugh. He was sick, alright. He followed after the younger boy silently, having mastered the trait over the years of living with his father. Howie made it to the front door and waited for Alex to get ahead. He followed in pursuit without making a sound. Twice he had to hold his breath to keep from coughing.
He saw Alex stop. He heard a bird's chirp in distress, then saw Alex confront it.
His eyes widened as he watched Alex stretch out its obviously broken wing. He watched in dismay, shock and utter confusion as abnormal, blinding white light appeared out of his hand and somehow healed the bird.
As it flew away, he could no longer hold in the gasp. Howie slowly walked closer, blue eyes wide.
"How did you.."

Alex's eyes widen as he heard Howie's voice and quickly turned to see him. He had seen Alex use magic! "I t-thought you were still asleep." He said, not answering the question that lurked in Howie's blue eyes. He didn't think that Howie would ever see Alex use magic, he actually didn't want him to know. He lost some close friends because they saw him as a freak for having magic. His eyes then drifted to the ground, ashamed. "It's magic. My mother was a witch and my father was a demon hunter." He admitted. He loved using magic, but not when it caused him to lose people close to him.
Howie stopped infront of him and grabbed his hand, inspecting it. He didn't want to believe what Alex had just muttered. After a long painful moment, he looked back to Alex. "I.."
He still held Alex's hand infront of him. "Will you do it again?" He didn't know what the heck to believe right now, and he could only focus on this. Maybe if he could find proof...he could believe it.

Alex was a little caught off guard when Howie grabbed his hand, inspecting as if there was a logically explanation to what he had just seen. In the human world, there wasn't, but in the magic world, it was simply just magic. Alex listened to what Howie said, clearly surprised to see that one of the many myths was true.
Alex stayed quite for a while and then nodded. He gently picked a flower and placed it in his palm. The white light came again, it wasn't as bright as before so what was happening to the flower could be seen. The petals began to change color and shape. The yellow daisy turned into a violet rose. Alex kept his eyes off of Howie, worried that he wouldn't believe him and push Alex away like everyone else who didn't believe him did.
Howie's eyes widened even more than before as he watched, his gaze locked on the flower. How could this be happening! He shook his head slightly, but didn't say a word until the rose sat in his palm and all rested as before. Howie gently plucked the rose from his palm and looked at it.
That had once been a daisy. He blinked several times and relaxed, sighing in awe. "I can't bel-i don't believe..but i-i saw you.." To him, none of this made any sense! How could he have jsut changed every cell-every molecule, to create an entirely different thing? Howie stared at the rose, then looked at Alex in a different light. "A Witch and Demon hunter,..you say.." He sniffed the rose and laughed, a hollow sound. "Everything i have based my life around is crumbling before my eyes. Nothing seems real right now."

Alex shrugged then sighed. "Everything that humans think are real are a lie. There are all kinds of creatures that you would never have ever thought of being real exist. There are millions of things that the government has decided to hide it to protect the human race form thinking that they were all in danger." He didn't dare look up in Howie's eyes or his face. He was still worried that Howie would push him away for what he had just done.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New Start(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus