Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New Start(1x1)

"Well, earlier I was wondering exactly what powers you happen to possess at the moment. Because even though you may not be as powerful, what you can do as of what I've seen is still incredible compared too whatever science has to offer." Howie had to admit it to himself that Alex was the smallest bit superior. He could do things it would take Howie years to invent. But it didn't really matter to him, because Alex was still a person. Thank God he wasn't t like the stereotypical scientist; using Alex as a lab rat. Howie frowned at the thought. He would never.
Daimonas Blackwell (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

"There isn't a lot I can do. As you saw, I can heal small bones, that was why I could heal that bird's broken wing because their bones are very small so that it easy to fix them, but if it was someone like you or your dad to break a bone or even a rib, I couldn't heal it, but I could speed up the healing process. I also can change the colors and shapes of different things. Most of my power is limited to nature and healing. Every witch has their own different power, my mother had the ability to make anyone who was sad stop crying with a simple song and she could go back in time to any moment she wanted. There are some who can change their whole appearance, make potions and spells, and many other different things. I can't read minds but I can tell what animals are thinking. I read emotions." He shrugged, taking a sip of his milk. He knew it sounded great to be able to read emotions and do all he can but it is a big responsibility and one little slip up could cost him a lot. If the Witch Clan found out that he had practiced magic in front of Howie, it would mean they would have to take Howie's life and torture Alex for doing such a thing just to make sure the secret didn't get out.
Howie put a hand to his face. Read emotions? He wondered what that meant exactly. The other abilities sounded insane to him, that a person could do such a thing.But he had to again remind himself to be open and undetstanding. Alex wasn't a normal human. Howie finished his food and sat in thought for a while. "Knowing this is a great danger to me, I can tell." He rested his chin in his palm and sighed. "Perhaps I should not have found out after all." He knew it was going to be hard to keep all of this secret, especially from someone like Howie's father. But he was determined to keep Alex safe and out of harm, as so himself. He returned his attention to the boy beside him. "For having so little of magic, you are magnificent."

Alex heard what Howie said and nodded. "If the WItch Clan was to find out that I showed you magic they would take your life and torture me for doing such a thing. They didn't do it to my mother because my father was a demon hunter and he already knew about it all. I'm glad they rejected me but if they were to find out I had magic, then they would take me away form here and back to their headquarters to test my abilities." He sighed, he was now thinking that it was stupid of him not to think that Howie would have woken up to find Alex using magic on the poor broken bird. He ran a hand through his blonde hair only to have it fall back into place. He shrugged at what Howie just said. "You should have seen what the others can do. They can take a little trick I do and make it change everything in the blink of an eye. One flower compared to thousands."
Howie listened to his every word, his thoughts grave. Now his life was on the line. Had it been worth it? Howie paused...Yes, he figured. It had been worth it. He was grateful for their hidden home in the forest; it would be harder for them to be found if trouble came. Alex would be safer here than in the orphanage. He would be safer with Howie there to protect him. Magic or not, he wouldn't sit around and let his friend/maybe-brother get into any harm. He set his eyes to Alex and said in all seriousness,"It is only one flower of that thousand that matters to me."

Alex blushed slightly at what Howie said, surprised at what he said. Before he knew, he had wrapped his arms around Howie. "I'm glad I met you, Howie." He held him tightly. It had been so long since he had someone he completely trusted and was able to not worry about how they would view him because of something he couldn't control. He felt happy tears come to his eyes at this thought. He had lost so much, but now gained something better.
Howie held his breath when he felt slender arms wrap around his torso. Alex had hugged him. His first reaction was to shove him away because he was sick and he didn't like being touched! But instead of any of that, Howie returned the gesture and hugged him back, holding him close. "I'm glad i met you too."

Alex held on a for a bit longer then let go of Howie. He had a light blush on his cheeks, which it wasn't that hard to make him blush, but most of the people who did(mainly the girls) wouldn't leave him alone about it. He really didn't know what to say now.
Howie sat up again and averted his gaze, his pale completion tinged pink. He despised showing so much emotion, but he honestly couldn't help it. He laughed softly and ran a hand through his hair, smiling for a moment. "I'll um.. I'll go put the dishes in the sink." He stood up and grab be their plates and cups, leaving the room before he could further express any emotions he wasn't sure of.

Alex nodded and once Howie had left he flopped down on the bed. He didn't understand what was going on with him right now. His emotions were swirling around him and changing his view on Howie. He didn't think of him in a bad way or anything it was just....a different feeling, something he had never felt. He tried to stay out of relationships because he knew it would hurt him and the other person horribly when he had to move again, so he never knew how it felt to have feelings for someone past friendship expect for his parents.
Howie was just setting the dishes into the sink when he heard his father shuffle into the kitchen. "Oh, so you made breakfast for yourself and your friend huh? How come there's none for me?" He slapped Howie on the back, of course meant as some sort of manly gesture, yet it only bothered and annoyed Howie on a high degree. "The early bird catches the worm, father." Howie started to wash the dishes quietly, praying that his cheeks would stop being so visible. He really didn't know what was going on inside his chest and mind at the moment. He had never received warm physical contact like that before. It was always slaps the to the back or head, some kind of shove-like welcome gesture. His mother had never bothered to touch him once, so Howie naturally leaned away from physical contact in all forms. He didn't understand why when he hugged Alex he didn't feel hurt or confused. He felt...Howie couldn't name it. He just never wanted to let go, in a sense. And that wasn't something that crossed his mind regularly. He heard his father scoff and open the fridge. "Fine, fine. I'll fend for myself."

Alex heard Howie's father downstairs and sighed. He sat back up, running a hand through his hair. "What is going on with me?" He mumbled to himself, knowing that no one would hear him. He needed to talk to someone else about this, he knew it would weird and awkward if he told him this now. That was when it occurred to him that he hadn't yet replied to the letter from his friend back in England! He hit his forehead with the palm of his hand. "Stupid!" He said, not very loud. He found his notebook and found a pencil very quickly and started writing down the letter for her. There was so much that had happened since the last letter he wrote her, and so much to tell her. He began where he had last left off in his last letter. He write down all that has happened to him, from getting adopted to this new feeling swirling around in his heart. He then ended the letter and folded it up.
He made the dishes a simple chore ad finished them easily; it didn't take too long to do. His father pestered him for a moment more before leaving him bed, and Howie made his way back upstairs. He didn't get why his quiet heart sped up as he got closer to the door, but it worried him. He took and breath and opened the door, back in his room again. Nokto was there to greet him, landing on his face with a quiet flutter. He blew softly on her belly until she moved up to his hair, and he closed the door. He noticed that Alex had something folded in his hand. "A letter? Do you have a pen-pal?"

Alex shrugged. "Guess you could call her that. I knew her before my parents died, when I was living in England so, to keep in touch, we each other letters." Before Alex met Howie, his friend back in England was that only one that he had told everything, because she and her parents knew about his mother and father and she had been like a little sister to him. He remembered how much it killed her and him for him to leave England, but now things are more calm.
Howie nodded. "It must be hard, not being able to see her." He made a mental note to visit England one day; so that Alex could see this girl. He walked over to his desk and checked on a few things, then grabbed a fanta from the mini-fridge in the corner, opening it. "We don't have a mailbox, but there is post office not too far from here."

Alex shrugged. "It is sometimes, more so when things in her life gets complicated and she really needs me." He sighed. "She is like a sister to me, so I wish I could help her out." He missed her, yes, but he knew right now her life was at calm and she was happy, and now he could tell her that he didn't have to move around so much, that he had a new family and a permanent home, he hoped it was permanent. "As soon as I get a stamp and a envelope, I'll send it to her. I know it has been a while since I sent her so she is probably worried." He sighed and lightly shook his head but with a smile.
"Oh. I have both." Howie looked through the drawers in his desk and pulled out a wide blue envelope, then a ripped out page of stamps. Both looked pretty old. "No one really ever sends letters at my house, but i kept these in case my mother tried to contact me. I won't need them now." He handed the envelope and stamps to Alex.

Alex accepted them and smiled at Howie. "Thank you. I'll walk over to the post office in a moment." He put the letter in the envelope, licked it close, and put the stamp on it. "I'm going to go ahead and go to the post office. You wanna come?" He was always happy to have company, to have someone to talk to.
"Sure." He looked at what he was wearing and quickly left to the bathroom to change. It was too cold outside for pajamas, even if it was begining to become summertime. He put on jeans as he always did and brushed his teeth. Then Howie returned to Alex. "We can go now." He smiled apologetically for holding the younger boy up.

Alex understood that it was too cold to be outside in a sweater and pajama pants. He nodded. "It is alright. You can help me find out where the post office." He smiled at him, grabbed the letter and walked out the door. He went downstairs, happy to be able to send a letter to Ginger after so long. That was her name, Ginger, but he liked to call her Gin-Gin.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New Start(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus