Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New Start(1x1)

Alex had just moved again, but this time he was in an orphanage instead of a foster home. He was in his room, unpacking his things and getting settled in the new place. He hadn't had a chance to meet the other orphans or even look around the place, he was already planning on what he was going to introduce himself and when he would walk around the area to get an idea of the path ways. During all this, he hadn't noticed the letters form his friend in his hometown had fallen out. He really needed to send another one out or she'll worry, like always. He picked up the letters and set them down on the nightstand by his bed.
Daimonas Blackwell (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Alex had just moved again, but this time he was in an orphanage instead of a foster home. He was in his room, unpacking his things and getting settled in the new place. He hadn't had a chance to meet the other orphans or even look around the place, he was already planning on what he was going to introduce himself and when he would walk around the area to get an idea of the path ways. During all this, he hadn't noticed the letters form his friend in his hometown had fallen out. He really needed to send another one out or she'll worry, like always. He picked up the letters and set them down on the nightstand by his bed.
Howie heard footsteps, big heavy ones, long before his mind became conscious. He lifted his head abruptly and took in a breath, waking up. A couple blinks and his mind told him that he had fallen asleep at his desk again, headset on and sugar on his face. Then his mind screamed your father is coming upstairs.
Very quickly Howie untangled himself from the wires surrounding his computer station, unceremoniously diving for the bathroom door. He closed it as silently as possible and locked it shut. Howie pretended to be very busy washing sourpatch kids off of his face as the wood floor creaked under his father's weight. He left the door open as he entered, how the boy hated that, and crossed his arms. Howie turned the water off and stood there silently, listening.
"so the princess avoids me yet again. Howitzer Daniels, we have to work on those people skills of yours."
Howie cringed as his full name was used; this meant his father was really serious. Opening the bathroom door a smidge, he looked up to his father sheepishly.
"I apologize, father. It is simply that i do not prefer to share informati-"
"I don't give a rat's ass what you "prefer", Howie. We're leaving his house and getting you a new playmate, and that's final."

Alex finished unpacking his things. He set a picture of his parents on the nightstand in golden frame. He missed them dearly, but he wanted to be part of a family. He never felt guilty about it because he knew it was normal to want to become part of a family.

He decided to leave his room to meet the other orphans and explore the new place and town. t hadn't taken long for him to make a couple friends there but none of them dare asked what happen to his parents, they already knew because earlier that day one of the others tripped and ripped the back of Alex's shirt, revealing the horrible burn scar that ran down his back.

He told one of the care takers that his was going to walk around and see the town. They were fine with that as long as he came back before dinner. He was now outside, breathing in the fresh air.
Howie was huddled up in one of his father's jackets, successfully hidden. He was covering as much of himself as he could. He refused to take that beast of a machine. His father wasn't very happy, but being a soldier, he didn't mind a few miles of a walk. Howie had no idea where they were going.
playmate? What had his father meant by that? Howie didn't know and he wasn't about to ask. he'd already gone past his "daily words used when communing with parent" limit. Howie walked afew feet behind his father, slowly and calculated. It was warm today and the sun was out. He wouldn't get a cold from the rain, but that didn't mean he wouldn't get a reaction to the pollen. Howie lifted his hood a tiny bit and looked around. There was a rundown stone building in the distance, standing out against the trees and wooden cabins. A little prick in his brain told him this was where they were headed.

Alex saw the man and what looked like his child. He really couldn't tell the gender of the kid behind the tall man. He smiled and waved at them as he walked past them to explore. He knew he didn't have a lot of time because he had taken so long to unpack. He was glad that he remember his father's pocket watch to keep track of the time. He love being outside, seeing the life around him. He felt a small breeze ruffle his hair lightly as he walked down the street.
Howie sidestepped out of his way as the kid walked by, but ended up almost running into his father as the man turned around. "You there son." He walked over to the kid but Howie stayed, pulling his hood over his face and sneezing. augh. so it would be the allergies to win today. His father looked the boy over and gruffly said, "you wouldn't happen to know where the Town Orphanage is, would you?"
This made Howie perk up as a jolt of fear ran through him. Wait, what? Thousands of thoughts raced through his mind and he looked at the ground, going though each one until two were left. The first, his father had finally had enough of him and was going to give him up for adoption. Howie brushed that one off quick. He wouldn't do that without telling him to pack his things first. Also, he had loved mother enough to respect her wishes. That left one other option. Howie bit his lip. Playmate.
His father was going to adopt a child.

Alex turned around to the man. "Uh, yeah. It is just over there, I just moved there a couple hours ago. I can walk you to where it is, not very far, sir." He said, pointing in the direction he had just came form. His first thought was that this man was going to adopt a child there, which that would be wonderful for any of the orphans. He checked his watch, seeing that he really didn't have much more time to explore. "I guess I'll explore tomorrow." He thought to himself with a frown. "Might I ask why you would like to go to the orphanage for?" His second thought, well, he didn't really want think about the thought of another kid being dropped off there, that was a horrible thought.
Howie was thinking the same thing. Father, what in the world are you thinking? We don't have room for another child, where do you expect them to-
As the man nodded and let the blonde boy walk infront of him, Howie held in a gasp and walked very slowly after. His room had a bunkbed, in which he kept this computer parts and prototyped experiments. He looked up at the back of his father's head and clenched his fists. He couldn't do this!
The soldier replied curtly to the younger boy's question. "I'm on my way to adopt a boy for my little princess here." That drew a small "hmph" from Howie, who mumbled, "I am not a princess, father." And the man smirked. "He doesn't have much of a social life, or a life at all, really. I think i friend would do him some good before it's too late for him." Howie's father, now knowing that this kid lived in the orphanage, was interested in him now. Maybe this boy could be the one, himself.

Alex nodded, understanding what his father was thinking. "Well, there seems to be many of different boys with different personalities. I would think you, being his father, would accept him as he is and not try to change him, but that is just what I believe, I'm not going to tell you how to care for your child." Once they got to the orphanage, Alex told one of the care takers that he was back and about the man and his son. "That is wonderful, Alex! You haven't been here a day and already you have been able to find a parent willing to adopt a child!" She turned to the man and smiled at him. "We have many different kids here sir, all of different and special in their own way. For example, Alex here is one of our newer orphans and yet he has already introduce himself to all the orphans and made some new friends here." She gave him a warm smile, gesturing towards Alex who just shrugged. "It really wasn't much, just trying to get use to this place, because who knows how long I'll be before they move me again." It was clear that he didn't think he would get adopted.
Howie looked at the kid who had sort of inadvertently protected him. What did this guy possess that gave him the courage to talk to someone like his father without being nervous at all? And what he said too..
Once they were inside the building, he took off his hood. The bright orphanage lights blinded him for a moment. Howie's father listened to the woman talk. He liked this kid's enthusiasm. He seemed confident and happy with himself. The man was more drawn towards this kid the more he knew about him. He looked over to his son."Go be social. Find someone you could spend the rest of your childhood with." Howie gave his father a look and begrudgingly turned to the blonde boy. "Excuse me, but would you mind showing me where the children reside in this facility?" He wasn't the least bit excited. simply being this close to another human was already making it harder to breathe. At least he didn't sense anything negative coming from this kid. He had no foul intentions.

Alex nodded. "Sure." He began to walk to the main room where most of the kids would hang out and play during their free time. Alex probably would've went to his room for a little bit to relax and get use to atmosphere around here, but he thought it was better to get to know the child. "I'm Alex, I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself sooner." He held his hand out to the kid, a warm smile on his face. Before the boy had a chance to say a word a couple of the younger kids came over to Alex and him. "Alex!" They said joyfully, clearly they already seemed to take a liking to Alex after only talking to him for a little while.
Howie didn't want to shake his hand but then he would seem rude, wouldn't he. Luckily some other kids make their way happily into Alex's point of view, grabbing his attention for a moment. He looked down at the kids, goodness it was times like this he greatly disliked being tall. Like he had thought, everyone here was younger than he was. What did he expect, Orphanages rarely held kids older than 16. His mind snapped back into focus and he looked over to Alex, the name seemed to fit him. "I'm Howie." He didn't want to say much else because his way of speech seemed to either bore or freak people out.

Alex smiled at Howie. "It's nice to meet you, Howie." He said as the kids began to leave to go play with the others. "I'm guessing your closer to my age than the rest of the kids here." Alex was the oldest of the kids there, even though it was hard to tell because his eyes didn't hold the pain that came with the aging and his face didn't show signs of being older than thirteen. "Hey, Alex?" One of the other kids called, he was about twelve years old. "How did you get that burn scar on your back? No one will say." Alex flinched at the mention of his scar. "I'll tell you later on that." He said, trying to block out the memories of that night.
Howie watch the emotions flicker across Alex's face. He could recognize and label each one. Scar, hmm? It made him curious about the scar's origin as well, but that wasn't his place to ask. He nodded. "I'm seventeen. Most of the children I have seen here aren't any older than thirteen." He mentally checked off finding anyone here. They were all too young to have a serious conversation with. He felt old just standing here, hearing the laughter and honest voices of the children around him. He had never had that. Something told him Alex might not have either. Perhaps that was why he was so close to the children all over; being near them for a matter of time must have made his brain reverse and lean towards childhood itself. Howie got lost in his mental notebook. And yet, he has manners and respect for those around him. Such a curious person, this Alex.

"I assumed you were, you're two years older than I am." Alex hadn't always just grew up around younger kids like the ones around him now, he had friends that were close to his age. He knew he looked younger than he was, it was the same for his father, but his father was lucky to be tall enough to where people could tell he was older, Alex on the other hand, was shorter than most would think for someone his age. "I'll be sixteen in a couple months, to tell the truth." He didn't really care much about his birthday anymore, he always saw it as just another day that marked he was older.
"Really? I will have to remember that, for a present of course." Some children ran past him and Howie quickly shifted clear of them, holding his breath. This room was too lively and loud. It was the
opposite of what he was used to. School was a fresh hell to this, though. Howie turned as his father walked up behind them, putting a hand on each boy's shoulder. "You know boys, since you're getting along so well already." A small smirk lifted the man's usual dark appearance and he nodded. "I think Alex will be our choice."

Alex was quite shocked by this news. He hadn't thought that only after being placed up for adoption for only a few hours that he would already be adopted. "Really?" The shock was clear as day in his voice. He was happy that he would get a new family, but was also worried how it would change him and how he was going to adjust to it. He was also worried about the kids here, they were already use to him and most of them had Reactive Attachment Disorder so him leaving so soon might effect them negatively. He really didn't know what to say to all this, it was hard to process all this at one time. He wanted a new family and a chance to try having a normal life, but he worried that it would cause him to forget his real parents. He didn't know how to feel about all this, he was happy, worried, confused, and scared all at the same time.
Howie was still in a daze over the whole thing. His father was actually going to do this. Actuallygoing to adopt a new sibling. He couldn't believe it. The boy's light blue gaze lowered to Alex. Well, he was a nice boy, not too much younger either. Perhaps he could stay, maybe even help Howie with his experiments. But he wasn't one for thinking ahead. He shrugged his father's hand off. "Well alright. If it is okay with Alex."

(I'm sorry if my replies are a little short, I really can't think on how to describe all this.)

"Okay? It's great!" Alex's shocked face turned into a smile. He looked up at Howie's father. "Thank you very much sir!" He said. He was trying to keep calm, he knew he could be a little too hyper when he was overjoyed, and it was so few times that happened. "I better go ahead and pack my things." He said just as one of the little kids came over. "You're leaving, Alex?" He asked, clearly upset by this news. Alex looked at the little boy and shook his head. "Yes, I am leaving but I promise I will come to see you all. This won't be the last time you see me." He reassured the boy, ruffling his hair a little with his hand.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New Start(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus