Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New Start(1x1)

Howie held the rose and didn't dare let go of it. For the moment, this and Alex were his only proof. He ran his free hand through his hair, trying to process everything that was being shot at him all at once. It was a lot to digest. He sighed softly, then coughed. "I don't know what to say. I am left with no choice but to believe you; that was no magician's trick. I suppose i must rethink my knowledge.." He looked to the rose, so fresh and beautiful and real in his hand. It still seemed like fantasy to him, although Alex's words rang true. He knew quite well all the myths and theories. He studied them like candied jewels. But having it actually be fact and not myth was something he hadn't expected.

He felt a new respect for Alex. Having to live like this, hide himself from others who weren't like him. Howie didn't know much himself, but he knew that feeling. He reached out and lifted Alex's chin, waiting until his brilliantly bright emerald eyes reached the others gaze. "I may not understand what is happening now, but i can neither confirm nor deny it. So don't look as if I'm disgusted or appalled. I'm fascinated, in fact. What you can do is amazing and something out of a fairytale. Don't act as if it is something to be ashamed of, Because it isn't."
Daimonas Blackwell (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Alex kept looking down at the ground, shuffling his feet as Howie processed all of this. He couldn't say he knew how Howie felt, because all his life, his parents didn't keep this form him because they knew what was hidden in him. For witches, usually the color of the light that comes form the magic they use is the color of their eyes because the eyes are a window in the soul but for Alex, his light was white instead of green. He remembered the first time he used magic and how his mother was so overjoyed by it. "Alex, sweetie, one day you will understand what these means. All you need to know is that it is something wonderful and that you are very powerful. It will all become clear when you are older." Her words rung in his ears, he still didn't understand what it meant. He knew that the color white meant purity, but he didn't think that it was.

Alex was surprised when He felt Howie left up his chin. Alex was fearful of what he might see in Howie's eyes but was relieved to see instead of any painful or hurt emotions, he saw wonder and belief. He was shocked at what Howie said and once it had all processed in Alex's mind he smiled, bright and happy. He was glad that Howie didn't push him away for this. "I'm not ashamed of it, I was just worried that you would push me away and avoid me like some of the others who didn't want to believe me that magic was real."
Howie couldn't help but return his smile. "I'm still not sure if i can believe it but you have plenty of proof.It may take a while for my narrow mind to fully register the fact that you..are well, magical. But it is not something i can control, nor something i understand. So i will believe you. That's the only thing i can do." He ruffled Alex's hair and turned back toward the house. "Are you hungry? We should get something to eat." He looked to Alex and changed to seriousness for a second. "Let's not tell my father. He is too simple of a man to understand this just yet, And i don't want anything bad to happen." It was true. His father would lose his mind if he discovered that such powerful things existed. He didn't even know half of the scientific things that Howie did. The boy supposed that was a good thing. His father was a simple man, and that was perfectly fine.

Alex was happy that Howie believed him, he was more happy that he wouldn't push him away because of his magic. "To be honest, neither of my parents knew what I am, I have some magic but apparently not enough to be classified as a witch." He shrugged, that really didn't matter to him. He didn't even know that there was another side to him, the demon hunter, but it wouldn't be unlocked until he turned sixteen. "I can explain everything that you have questions about." Alex was hoping that there wouldn't be one question on Howie's mind: Could magic fix his health issues? No, Alex already knew that was the answer. Magic could save a life but it couldn't change how someone was born. Alex nodded when Howie got serious. "I wasn't planning on telling your father, humans are suppose to know nothing about the magical world. Some do, but those are mainly form near death experiences." He understood why it was best to not tell Howie's father about magic and what Alex was. "Let's go ahead and grab something to eat."
Howie let Alex into the house again and headed to the kitchen, checking that his father was still asleep. He couldn't risk anything. He turned on one of the oven burners and prepared to make scrambled eggs. It was one of the only foods he could make and not burn. He was bubbling with questions but he was also in a..good mood. Howie didn't know how long it'd been since he'd felt this way. Geez, Alex sure had a way with his internal feelings. Howie thought to himself a lot as he cooked. How much power does Alex have? Can he read minds, or analyze thoughts and gestures? What if he knew what i thought all the time? Howie bit his lip. He didn't want to pester Alex or seem stupid. He was honestly curious though.
And in the rush of all of this, Howie now felt even more protective of the younger boy. He needed to keep Alex safe, no matter what. Dully in the back of his brain, Howie pondered on just how long he had thought as such.

Alex didn't mind if Howie had questions, it was only natural. He had been asked a million questions at once and answered them honestly and without complainant. He loved when people had questions about all this and he actually enjoyed explaining it all. He knew pretty much everything about magic and all that can use it, some humans have learned how to create their own magic but it wasn't as powerful as those who are born with it. Alex knew right now, he only had half the magical power compared all the other witches, that is why the Witch Clan rejected him form taking him in and teaching him so he had to learn on his own. He had more magic than he knew, but it was locked away until he could figure out what the white light meant. "Would you like some help?" He asked in a hushed voice, trying not to wake up Mr. Daniels. Alex went and got some plates and glasses out. "Milk or juice?" He asked Howie. Alex could read the curiosity in Howie's eyes, the need to know all of this.
Howie didn't take his eyes off of his cooking, hearing Alex from behind him, his voice moving close for a moment. "Ah..juice, please," he murmured, while adding another egg to the pan. He felt sort of dangerous, keeping such an amazing secret from the world. He also felt the tiniest bit selfish. He had Alex, this boy with Magic properties for goodness sake, living with him, and the world didn't know a thing! His mind kept replaying the scene behind his eyelids, and for a moment Howie glanced behind him to the dark rose that now lay in a violet vase on the table.

Alex nodded and poured Howie's some juice and himself some milk. He knew that things were probably going to change somewhat around here because Howie now knew the truth about Alex and his family. His father was cold, and merciless demon hunter and his mother was a gentle and kind witch, it seemed kind of backwards to Alex because demon hunters were seen as something great for protecting the world form the creatures of the night and witches were seen as horrible beings that were selfish and should be burned on the cross(had to add a little witch history reference. XD) like they had done evil by just having magic that they couldn't give away.
He finished scrambling the eggs and motioned to Alex. "I need our plates, Alex." With his other hand Howie reached up and grabbed the pancake mix, setting it on the counter-top. He wanted to ask Alex a lot of questions, because he hated not knowing. Howie also knew it was too dangerous to ask him anything while they were anywhere near his father, asleep or not. So he held it in, detouring his mind to other things like breakfast and his experiment lying upstairs.

Alex nodded and handed Howie the plates. "Here. I'll put the eggs on the plate while you make the pancakes." he offered as he gently took the scapula form Howie to separate the eggs and slide them on the plates. He understood how Howie felt about not knowing something, it drove him crazy. He then set the plates on the table. He got forks and napkins out and set them on the table, then the glasses.
Howie was a little set off by all the help Alex was offering. He hadn't had someone offer to help him before. Alex never failed to amaze him. And never will, he decided. Howie started then to make the pancakes, much more serious now as he became determined not to burn these. Pancakes were harder to make than he thought, and a burnt pancake was no fun at all. He quickly made two pancakes for the both of them, then flopped them onto the plates. He quickly turned off the stove-top, to stop the smell of gas coming from it. Their stove was very old, and often smelt that way after being used. He didn't want to wake his father up with the smell. Howie walked over to Alex and motioned to the stairs. "Let's head back to the room." It felt odd saying "the" instead of "his, but he liked the way it sounded.

Alex nodded. "Alright." He grabbed his plate and fork in one hand and his glass and napkin in the other. He headed for the stairs. He was still happy that Howie believed him on the whole magic thing. That was something that would make him always happy, because he didn't want to lose Howie. He really didn't mind helping Howie out, that was just something that came natural to Alex, he liked to help people when he could. He would've joined one of the community service groups if he didn't move around so much, maybe he could now.
Howie followed after Alex, closing the door silently behind him. There, he let out a breath. "We'll be safe to talk here." He made his way to his bed, sitting there and crossing his legs. He put his cup on the floor clear of their feet and turned to Alex. "So...mind explaining what you know? For curiosities sake."

Alex tried not to laugh at how curious Howie was about all this. He sat down on the bed beside Howie, also setting his cup on the floor. He thought for a moment. "I know that I only have half the power of a normal witch because both my parents weren't magical. My mother told me that I had more power than I would think but I can't unlock the rest of my power until I figure out what the white light means, usually the light of a witches magic is the color of their eyes. But my eyes are green and my light is white, it makes no sense to me. That is all I really can tell you unless you have questions about it." he explained then took a bite of his eggs.
Howie mulled it over for a moment, eating some of his pancake. "So, there must be some sort of mutation or DNA displacement because of your mixed blood. That makes you rare, or special, in this case." He looked back over to Alex. "Do you know when you are to discover more about yourself, or is it something you cannot control?"

Alex nodded. "I guess you could say that. My father was actually human so it just makes my magic weaker and less." He took another bite out of his eggs and thought for a moment. "I can't control it. My mother said I will figure out what it means as I grow older. I guess she believed the Witch Clan would accept me."
"Mmm," Howie hummed thoughtfully as he ate, thinking with an open mind over such a topic. Witch clan? He looked to Alex. "Well, i believe everything happens for a reason. If you had been accepted in this clan, then you wouldn't be here right now. I can't tell you whether that is a gain or loss, but it must be something for it to be the present circumstance." He shrugged and continued to eat.

Alex thought about that and nodded. "I am actually glad that they rejected me. I have heard only bad things about them and-" He looked over at Howie with a big smile. "-I am happy I got to meet you, Howie." He ate another bite of his food.
Howie watched him smile so honestly and proudly as if he really did mean what he said. Howie couldn't stop that tingling in his cheeks again. He looked down at his plate as he blushed. This boy.... Howie smiled and returned his gaze to the younger boy. "I'm happy I got to meet you too, Alex."

Alex smiled at Howie. "Now, do you have any questions? I really don't mind answering any questions you might have." He really was happy to meet Howie, even if they do act different in some way, they still act a lot alike. Alex was glad to have a home and a friend he didn't have to leave behind.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New Start(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus