Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Comics 2019

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Hey all! After some discussion, I've decided to extend the deadline of this contest until June 3rd because I was so far behind answering questions.

Spread the word! Comic contest remaining open until June 3rd!!
Kim wrote:
Hey all! After some discussion, I've decided to extend the deadline of this contest until June 3rd because I was so far behind answering questions.

Spread the word! Comic contest remaining open until June 3rd!!

Wheeee! Now I just need to figure out which box my drawing pencils got packed in! XD
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H5ilt8B9GFufHfcZV3epjr0tQ2cEyRcy/view?usp=drivesdk

Working on how to upload this, I'll edit it until hopefully figuring it out..
Claine Moderator

A true story

GPVtM2n.png

True except for the fact my desk is never that clean.
Phew got them finished in time! It's an Epic Week miracle!

Here they are!

Blank%20Comic%202_zpsg9wilclx.jpg

No%20comic%202_zpshi7rwogv.jpg

Sorry about the photobucket watermarks. You should still be able to see the punch lines underneath. XD

Thank you to all our entrants!! Judging is underway. :D

I'm excited to say -- we have winners! :D
  1. Dndmama - (for her first comic) won big points on being pretty universally relatable, as her character went through the motions of life while hotly anticipating getting to RP again... then, in a funny (and all too familiar twist) is struck with writer's block.
  2. FreeJayFly - Lovely illustrations and lots of great visual humor. The fact that Doubutt seemed to be communicating through farting won a lot of laughs. Felt highly relatable to anyone who has played the Doubutt game during Epic Week.
  3. Claine - Great illustrations and absolutely heart warming. Really spoke to the heart of the community and how lovely it can feel to get a surprise gift.
  4. Novalyyn - One of our simplest entries, and yet laser-focused on the punchline it was making. There was basically not a wasted line or word in it.
  5. Tusitala2017 - (For her third comic) Wasn't so much humorous as it was almost a tutorial or even an advertisement for participating in Epic Week. However, it was highly encouraging. The art style supported the message it was conveying of "Even if it's hard, keep going and do your best!" you could see this represented in the painstaking drawings which seemed to be done in a program possibly not usually suited to drawing complicated things.
Congratulations to all the winners. :>

I enjoy the comics contest a bit, though I hope next time it comes up, I can come up with something even better. ; v ;
Wewt. :D

I had another in mind too, but couldn't convince myself to do it in time. ^^; Maybe next year.

Congrats, folks!
Great job everyone!!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Comics 2019

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus