Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Turtle symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Ilmarinen Moderator

DorianM wrote:
And goblins are blocking me as I try Kring. But that may work since Krang is the pink brain. 😂

The way is clear now! Try 'em! :D
Not working either.

My recap, if turtle is the common theme for all the clues:

1. the first clue could be the Heaven's Will magical sword related to the Golden Turtle God (Kim Qui) and ultimately belonging to the Dragon King of the Four Seas, or the Dragon God;

2. the second clue is something related to Gaspode the Wonder Dog or its real-world inspirations. In Men at Arms, there is another Excalibur reference with Carrot pulling a sword;

3. the third clue points that our answer once had a pink(ish) alias or representation?
Ilmarinen Moderator

The turtle just gives a hint as to what franchise the clue is from! All the clues will be referring to one thing within the franchise.
Ooh, so this is something from Discworld for sure? Does Discworld have legends then?
Ben Moderator

DorianM wrote:
Not working either.

My recap, if turtle is the common theme for all the clues:

1. the first clue could be the Heaven's Will magical sword related to the Golden Turtle God (Kim Qui) and ultimately belonging to the Dragon King of the Four Seas, or the Dragon God;

2. the second clue is something related to Gaspode the Wonder Dog or its real-world inspirations. In Men at Arms, there is another Excalibur reference with Carrot pulling a sword;

3. the third clue points that our answer once had a pink(ish) alias or representation?

The turtle is just an additional clue to the general universe that we're talking about. It's unlikely to represent anything in the specific answer.

Clue #1 is referring to a character that was named after a famous figure, either or both of which live in the river city, which is Ankh Morpork.
Ben Moderator

DorianM wrote:
Ooh, so this is something from Discworld for sure? Does Discworld have legends then?

Yup!

We are basically 100% sure that this answer is definitely a character or name from the Discworld novels.

Gaspode has been brought up because he fits both clues #1 and #2, but we have yet to discover an appropriate alias that he goes by. So it could be him, but it could also be another character who was;
1) named for a famous figure in Discworld
2) helps or interacts with the character Foul Ole Ron
3) has an alias which has something to do with the colour pink
Ilmarinen Moderator

And the alias is used only one time. It's also only "slightly" pink. Maybe something to do with embarrassment?
Dragonfire Moderator

Or some other sort of blush.

...Does he ever call himself by anything different when he first meets, say, Angua?
I'll start looking through Wikipedia and Google for something!
Dragonfire Moderator

Alas, my Discworld collection is in storage at the moment! Drat.
Wikipedia shall be my friend today!
Does anyone know what kind of smell could attend an opera? I’m stumped on that one.
Ben Moderator

Arcol wrote:
Does anyone know what kind of smell could attend an opera? I’m stumped on that one.

This is a reference to the character of Foul Ole Ron, he is described in the books as having a smell so potent it has a social life of its own and attends fancy parties and operas. :)
Dragonfire Moderator

That's a reference to the character Foul Ole Ron, Arcol. His Smell is potent, can corrode weaponry, and is semi-sentient.
After a quick Google search with a couple key words, the first character that popped up was Death. Don't know how accurate it is, I just wanted to share the info I found on my search.
I’ll see if that works; my gratitude to you, Ben and Dragonfire.
Ben Moderator

Death has had several aliases; Bill Door, Mr Scrub, the Hogfather... I've tried all of them.
Tried your suggestion; no luck. We’ll have to think of something else.
Ben Moderator

Our best guess is still Gaspode, an alias he's gone by that isn't Deep Bone.

Other people who are related to famous Ankh Morpork figures are Captain Carrot, Commander Vimes, maybe William de Worde?
and solved! Woo!

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Turtle symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus