Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Salutation symbol discussion (SOLVED)

I tried a few Egypt architect names as well, but there is something we are missing. It must be related to a fantasy setting or game, and not simply historical!
Ilmarinen Moderator

The crow/raven and the name of the symbol (Salutation) are both important to figuring out what fantasy franchise this comes from! The symbol guardian (the sphinx) isn't as important.
Could there be a series or show produced in Maine?
Ilmarinen Moderator

Could be! What's the connection?
The ground rounder. But it may also be Pellinor the fantasy series, and which includes a book called The Crow.
Its not exactly fantasy related but I found out that Augustus Caesar purchased several ravens which could speak during his reign of Rome. Each of the ravens gave a different greeting/salutation.

One said..."Greetings to Caesar, our victorious commander."

Another one said...."Greetings to Anthony, our victorious commander."

The third raven he purchased said..."Nothing to show for the trouble and expense."

It connects to the picture and to the title but not to the genre. Perhaps someone else can find another connection I am missing.

There is apparently a fantasy book called Apollo's Raven's which follows Ancient Rome. Not sure if this includes the reign of Augustus Caesar
Salutation: The fiction has been identified, but has not been pursued

Thought you guys might like to see this.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Oooh
Ilmarinen Moderator

Well, I still desperately want it to involve the Burger King.
Dragonfire Moderator

Prescience identified it back on the first page!

https://hellofromthemagictavern.com/

There's our bird! And also a Burger King.
Ilmarinen Moderator

WHAT
Ilmarinen Moderator

I don't even think that registered as a franchise name to me omg
Dragonfire Moderator

I thought it was just a jokey phrase or something, myself - I'm not up on podcasts at all, so I hadn't ever heard of this. XD
Ilmarinen Moderator

Same!
Ilmarinen Moderator

IT sounds GLORIOUS though
Ilmarinen Moderator

And I do see that S2E99 is called "the weapon"
Dragonfire Moderator

"Our secret weapon, names most secret and powerful" - This might be referring to a character called Usidore the Blue, who has many names, and saying them gives him more power.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Oooh
Dragonfire Moderator

A name occupational, a name for planning - involving wedding planning, the name of Dale Sprinklesleeves!
Ilmarinen Moderator

NICE

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Salutation symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus