Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Videogame screenshots that look like paintings.

Topaz Simplify is a plugin for photoshop that lets you enhance your filters and so such.

I've been using it entirely for my own personal gain of making video game screenshots look like paintings.

I'm going to link them because it'll stretch the crap out of the page, but so far I have..

Skyrim

Oblivion

It's a paid program, but they have it so you can try it for 30 days. I may end up buying this, even though I don't have photoshop. [ I use Ifranview or Gimp with some tricky plugin expanders.]

I didn't think this belonged inside Art/creativity since it's videogame screens, and not my art. Feel free to move this around though.
That is soooooooooooo cool!!!
Sanne Moderator

Woah, this is pretty damn awesome! I even recognize some of those places. XD
Djinn-n-Tonic Topic Starter

Nice!!

This exact process was an assignment in my graphic design course but I was not awesome enough to consider doing so with video game screenshots!!
AAA I love this!
EdtheNeko

Blackito wrote:
It's a paid program, but they have it so you can try it for 30 days. I may end up buying this, even though I don't have photoshop. [ I use Ifranview or Gimp with some tricky plugin expanders.]
You can always find it for free on the pirate bay.

btw, what filter did you use for each image? did you change any of the brush settings as wel? Can you list the good filters?

I stopped Pirating things like 5 years ago. It's more fulfilling to have purchases.

I used the Buzsim settings. 1-5. Buzsim 1-2 will usually do the best for everything, but sometimes 4 does really well too. I haven't touched anything else. It's a filter setting so you don't have to do anything else other than click, click and done. You CAN make adjustments, but it really isn't needed.
Sanne Moderator

EdtheNeko wrote:

That's illegal though and not something that should be advertised as a viable option as opposed to buying an original license.

Sanne wrote:
EdtheNeko wrote:

That's illegal though and not something that should be advertised as a viable option as opposed to buying an original license.

Definitely agreed as someone who did that for maybe 3 or so years.
EdtheNeko

I decided to take a crack at this

Furcadia
furcpaint_zps26724144.png
Fallout 3
fpaintallout_3_12362680322808_zpsd29d950b.png
(right click, hit view image to see full rez image)

I'd like, if we can, to make this a thing. Maybe something fun for some of us to do for others, or if we had a ingame media thread or something. It may not last long, but still it's pretty cool and I think we could get a lot out of it. If nothing else, generate some sweet gaming wallpapers for us.

Feel free to post more if you make them.
EdtheNeko

Blackito wrote:
I'd like, if we can, to make this a thing. Maybe something fun for some of us to do for others, or if we had a ingame media thread or something. It may not last long, but still it's pretty cool and I think we could get a lot out of it. If nothing else, generate some sweet gaming wallpapers for us.

Feel free to post more if you make them.
We could just make a thread or move this thread to the art section, I'd like to see what others can share as well.

That would be up to someone like a mod to move this there, or if it fits there.

I wouldn't mind continuing to add onto this though.
EdtheNeko

Blackito wrote:
That would be up to someone like a mod to move this there, or if it fits there.

I wouldn't mind continuing to add onto this though.
I think this could be seen as an art, and if you want people to post more it should fit the art section, but lets leave this to a mod.
Sanne Moderator

I moved the topic to Art & Creativity for you so you don't have to create a whole new topic, and so that people don't get confused about where to post these wonderful images. :D

Awesome! I'll work on some more soon. If you have battlefield 3, it makes really, really cool ones.
If anybody has Bioshock Infinite I'd love to see some from that to use as wallpapers! <3 <3 these are all so cool! Fallout 3 has some really neat settings too!

Fallout 3
iTLiUaL1qQGaQ.jpg
More Here.
The fallout 3 ones are awesome! Thank you Blackito! :)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Videogame screenshots that look like paintings.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus