Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Special ones

Liliath (played by Cookiesareyummie) Topic Starter

"I am worried." She sobbed "I killed 2 people that is bad right?" "Also where does that animal come from? Is he from another world?"
Rose (played by Foxy_TheWarrior)

Rose started to whimper as she looked around, trying to find someone or something, then she tried to get out of her cage.
Selene (played anonymously)

Selene remained silent, surrounded by whimpers and sobbing. How newcomers reacted to confinement was a good indicator of their temperament. The kid acted like a brat who'd never been denied anything, thinking that screaming, disobeying the guards and acting weak would improve her situation. It would likely get her a bullet to the skull one day. The wolf-thing tried several futile attempts to escape and earned increased vigilance by the guards. She had tried to test her prison, been transferred, and stopped acting out. The fox-girl was attempting an escape like everyone else had.

Ooh this is good, something amusing... thought Selene, leaning back against her wall to get comfortable.

Living in solitary confinement for years with no human contact outside of machines, experiments and uncaring whitecoats had stunted her empathy for other lives. As far as she was concerned they were objects. The other experiments could be used to help her escape but if they died it was not worth loosing sleep over. If she outlived every single creature in this shithole she would not feel anything. They had served their purpose.

Yet... why had she warned the other subjects the night before? Why was she considering warning the fox-girl? Could it be that she expressed sympathy? No, that couldn't be it. Those traits had been eliminated years ago to improve her efficiency.

Concern? Fear for another person? No, that... that was ridiculous.

She glared at the fox-girl as if it had insulted her. She didn't want to be left with only her treacherous thoughts for company. She was bored and wanted some entertainment before she did something reckless. Do something interesting. Kill a few people.
Throughout the tests, and a while after, Fluro had remained in the camera room, checking over everything. The test itself, well... Overall, it had gone okay. There wasn't much trouble with either of the subjects, some issues probably, but she saw that most things had been sorted by now, and were somewhat under control. That was good? She guessed so.

After checking the cameras to check subject 831 (She noticed that after not being here long here, the fact of them being 'subjects' had always come to her easily) had been returned to their cell, she decided that she should return to patrolling. She headed off to leave, but a one of the cameras caught her eye. There was the same subject she swore she saw briefly about a minute ago, making some attempt to try and escape the cell. Seeing as no other guard had went over to the area, she thought she may as well be the one to sort things out.

Not like any successful escape would be possible anyway.

She left the room, and started to head towards the direction she guessed was where the hallway was. Paying close enough attention to small details in each area was annoying, but at least it was a way she could remember to get around the place easier. Eventually, she found her way, and the subjects' cell was in sight. She stopped at a distance, however. Second thoughts. About what? I don't... Stop. Things were getting to her head. She looked over at the cell, and watched the fox-like... Thing. She leaned against one of the nearest walls, and silently watched their attempt in interest, glancing around every so often. Why she didn't get out there and do something? She didn't really know.

She sat down as she started to tear up, “I don’t wanna be here” she cried to herself as her claws came out from her finger tips, then her eyes glee a bright bloody orange and she growled loudly at anyone that got near or too close to her.

Get used to this life. Keep your head down and you can survive. Don't let them break you and one day, you can take revenge. You are either one of the living, or a walking corpse. Selene could have said that, but it would have brought her a world of pain. And for what? A lab rat unlikely to survive the next week? The hybrid had bottled up her emotions to avoid hurting herself, hurting others.

It did no good to cry, she learned that early on. All the experiments she had been subjected to had never ceased because of it.

Don't talk to them. They are beneath your notice. The thoughts storming behind her blank eyes were frustrated. Not for the first time she wished she was a telepath. Then she could communicate all she wanted to the others.

Thoughts of escape were useless. The outside world... fresh air... freedom... It was out there, and she was in here. Dreaming of escaping was idiotic. Mad. It's all just a shitty pipe dream.

Selene rolled over to watch the fox-girl in her holding pen, skeletal tail glinting in the light. Just another soul to be broken by the pressure. The new ones either lived long enough to turn into high-functioning sociopaths like her, or died before they learned how to keep their mouth shut.
Victi growled slightly, and then sighed, bringing up biosign data.

Killed was a mild overstatement. Comatose and dying was more correct. She requested medics to their locations, though the system should have done that already, assuming anything was working here. That was something she was doubting more and more.

Either way, and regardless of the guards' survival, which seemed unlikely, maybe someone would actually send proper maintenance teams, and make sure everything was under PROPER containment. There had been multiple breaches recently, and that was completely unacceptable.

Finally, she replied to Liliath, "By protocol, you should be sent for punishment later, and then fitted with an inhibitor. On the other hand, we don't have an inhibitor technician here, and I'd rather not torture someone who can bust open Sec. Doors. You'll be kept in your cell for a while...."

Then she stopped, took off her AR contact lenses and earpiece, and looked like she was holding back a sneeze for a moment, head tucked down. A tingling sensation ripples through the small room.

"Okay, that should handle the things watching us, and I've reported a power surge tripping your cell's breaker. We have a few minutes to talk openly before anyone comes to deal with it," she explains hurriedly, a strange sly smugness in her emerald green eyes.
Unit-3081 ''Hephaestus'' (played by Ember_Wolf)

Hephaestus looked over the systems, seeing a irregularity. "Ma'am... I'm not to sure if you've noticed, but I would like to notify you of a Power Surge." Hephaestus noted, checking Embers Containment unit. "And, please have that Wolf up next. I need some more Units." Hephaestus quickly made sure that her request was sent out, and went back to monitoring the cameras.

Hephaestus couldn't really see her, but he knew that she happened to be in there.

Meanwhile, the robot had realized that this wasn't a regular Energy Surge. It seemed to spread through the Electrical Systems like a Virus of some kind. "This place seriously needs an upgrade..." Hephaestus thought to himself. Something felt off about all of it. Hephaestus had a sinking feeling in his chest, even though he didn't have any sensors on his interior.

Hephaestus didn't even know that Robots like himself could have a gut feeling, but he assumed it was his Anylitics Software that made him feel it all.

Regardless, something was wrong here...

She started to kick the bars in her cell and she roared as loud as she could, "Let me out! I don't wanna be here!" she yelled as her wings spreads and her eyes glew brighter than usual.
As the subject started to tear up, she sighed lightly. Better tears to come than anything else. She was calming herself a little at this, but then all of a sudden she heard them start to yell and bang against the cell; it ended up surprising her a little, to be honest. Going the way it was now though, it was going to alert everyone in the entire damn hallway. The thing was making a racket. She pushed off from the wall, hesitated a second, then started to approach the cell.

Well, it was bound to happen, wasn't it?

She reached the front of the cell, then lifted up her hand and knocked hard on the wall beside the front of the cell a few times, in a hopeful attempt to gain it's attention. "Hey!" She took a small breath, then calmed herself once again. "Listen, you're gonna need to calm down a little. I'm not trying to threaten you or anything, but you'll end up getting a nice punishment from one of the other guards if you keep screaming like that. You might end up scaring some other subjects around here too, so could you just calm down?"

She did feel bad really. For all of them. She just kept shrugging it off. They deserved it, didn't they? Maybe. Then again, this place might be best for all of them. Safer. None of them appreciated being here, she could tell that, but still. She didn't know what was right, really, but this seemed better than them all running around and all that.

She looked over at the creature, hoping for them to understand, in some way at least. The way their eyes glowed... It was unusual, and something she hadn't seen in a while. After a second, she noticed that her feelings were becoming mixed up with calm, fear, and uneasiness. It didn't feel quite right, but it was quite faint. An odd thought came up too, but she decided to think about it later.

Selene tilted her neck from one side to the other with an audible *pop*, pulled herself to her feet and stalked to the cell wall separating her from the fox-girl. Her intention was to have a little chat about the merits and benefits of going to sleep in a voice that suggested “painful acquaintance with the floor unless you stop that racket”. But the guard beat her to it.

So the hybrid settled for leaning against the wall and twisting her head to study the newcomer.

Speaking verbally was forbidden, so she improvised. Her eyes reflected the message Thank you for making her shut up.

Her ears went down in fear as she backed away from the guard, and she started to whimper, "S-sorry, I-I'm just really scared and stressful about the tests and everything that's happening, because of me behind a rare hybrid" she whimpered as she laid down on the ground, so then she tried to get some sleep before her tests. A bit of tears went down her face as she closed her eyes and slowly went to sleep, she didn't meant to scare anyone, that included the guards her ears went down as she calmed herself down from losing her anger on everyone around her surroundings.

((Hey everyone!))
Unit-3081 ''Hephaestus'' (played by Ember_Wolf)

FoxyTheWarrior wrote:
((Hey everyone!))

((Yeah, I'm sorry to say this but I think this RP died a while ago, I'm not %100 sure however.))

(Aw, I was enjoying it. Oh well. Safe travels, friends and whoever reads this.)

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Special ones

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus