Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Not just permission, but encouragement. :3

I like having to think of solutions on the fly! Gods, in another RP (where she's one of the protagonists), Victi ended up in a situation that she escaped by setting herself and the room she was in on fire! Crazy ideas are always fun (especially with her), and I like being forced to come up with them! It's also kinda one of her main strong points. ^v^
I loved setting that one up. :3

DazzlingDragon wrote:
I loved setting that one up. :3

It was a good one, you psychopath. ~v^
Question!

Working on my post and I have a question I need answered before I can finish please.

Say (in theory) I stabbed Avritrathephoenix with the shard, and her blood was drawn. Would she control the element the shard is charged with as the bleeder? Or would I control it as the possessor of the shard? (Pretty sure I know the answer but just want to be sure)

****disclaimer****
I would not stab Avitrathephoenix with a shard or anything else, this is for informational use only. No Avitrathephoenix's were harmed in the making of this post :)

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Question!

Working on my post and I have a question I need answered before I can finish please.

Say (in theory) I stabbed Avritrathephoenix with the shard, and her blood was drawn. Would she control the element the shard is charged with as the bleeder? Or would I control it as the possessor of the shard? (Pretty sure I know the answer but just want to be sure)

****disclaimer****
I would not stab Avitrathephoenix with a shard or anything else, this is for informational use only. No Avitrathephoenix's were harmed in the making of this post :)

(giggles) Well, if you stabbed me it would just give you a face full of plasma, but that's beside the point. Yes, part of the reason people DON'T try to assemble the vase is that they can't just sacrifice some unwitting victim to it, because then said victim would be the one in power. The shard takes power from the blood, and give power back to the blood.

In short, whoever's blood is on the shard is the one who controls the shard.
That's what I thought....I'll have my post done soon, get ready to read another novel though XD

Edit: thanks btw

Always ready to read! ^v^

Oh, and... probably doesn't matter, but non-sapients can control the shards, too. In theory. I mean, they'd probably do what Lisa did and flip out in panic from the spooky feelings, but yeah.

Maybe non-sapient plants, too, but I'm not sure. Maybe they could call rain with the strom one or tug on nearby streams with the water one? Maybe grow faster if they got the plant one? I have no idea. '^v^ Probably don't try stabbing clay into trees. X>
Oh how about another question....

Is it okay if a second Vynym goes on Vee's adventures with them? It would mean a second character played through Vee which doesn't have a shard or anything. Just a sidekick mostly.

If not no big deal just thought it night be neat to have a second one.
Just to toss this out there...

If organic based non sentient beings can control the shard....

And a sentient plant based organism like the Vynym can control the shard....

My theroy says non sentient plants could also control the shard....

I'm certainly not telling you how to run your world but that's my train of logic on that, but I can play it however you would prefer :)
Voldarian_Empire wrote:

Is it okay if a second Vynym goes on Vee's adventures with them? It would mean a second character played through Vee which doesn't have a shard or anything. Just a sidekick mostly.

For the most part, that’s Raven’s relationship to Lisa (The cat’s played through Lisa’s posts unless they’re separated, and Raven won’t interact much with the shard.) so I think you’ll be fine doing that.

I use sapient and sentient differently, (Advanced problem solving/tool use type thought versus has basic ability to make decisions) but that doesn't really change your point.

Like I said, they could! Assuming they have, like.... intent. A tree probably has no interest triggering earthquakes, and so would do nothing with the earth shard. A tree probably cares (or... something vaguely resembling caring) about getting more water and getting bigger. It may be able to use most of the shards to do things like tending to attract carnivores that eat things that eat at it, attracting polinators and repelling harmful insects, making things that would eat it leave it alone, etc.

Even then, I'm not sure how the shards would interpret things, since they were created with some amount of active thought in mind. By extension, I'm not sure about things like jellyfish, either. '^v^

Voldarian_Empire wrote:

Up to three characters and up to two shards is the rule, with no more than one shard per character. Dazz already answered, but I figured that re-stating that would be good proof. ^v^
Very sensible point you make in fact, and something I hadn't yet considered. You're on the ball with the whole intent thing.

I'm not 100% sure if Vee will end up with a companion or not but I'm glad to know if they want to bring one they can. I don't have a character sheet for another Vynym though, so if they're separated they'll still have to post through Vee.

Also please let me know if the shard use in post is appropriate to help me gauge just how much blood can do what. Thanks!

I like thinking about things like that. ^v^ Is fun! Anyway, Thanks! <3

Sounds good to me! ^v^

Guiding rain semi-agressively is actually a good creative use that you could definitely pull of with an unpleasant jab to the hand like that. Raindrops are light and small. ^v^ So far I'd say you're on the right track.

It's probably a little exponential overall on the power thing. Easiest one to us as an example is the earth shard, because earthquakes already read on a log-based scale, so think of that like..... Magnitude = [%covered]/20 + 2. If about 20% of the shard is covered, you'll get something like a magnitude 3 quake (you notice it, but no big deal). Soak ALL of it in your blood and you're looking at magnitude 7, where some structures may start to collapse.
Excuse me,but I would like to join the rp...
dantefrancis wrote:

Why, hello there!

You may join the RP; Avi and I are here to answer any questions and help you get set up to roll in the IC chat. :)

dantefrancis wrote:

Fantastic! ^v^ Like Dazz said, ask as many questions as you need to, and we'll be more than happy to get you rolling. If you'd like to PM us, just make sure to have us both on the same message thingy. Makes things easier.
Just uh...btw....

I may need to act out more than three characters for a post or two during Vee's time at the village. You know the Vynym who live there and such seeing as 1) I'm the only one there, and 2) they are my own original race.

I hope that's okay, certainly they wont all be coming with Vee but I felt the need to mention that.
Ok,but it might take me a while to get started

Yeah, NPC type characters (run by a player but sshhh) are fine. I'm not going to assume to know enough about the player-character's species's cultures to run them. Just no more than three heavily plot-centric characters, I guess? The rule is basically just so we hopefully don't get someone running a group of thirty people off of one player all doing relevant things and filling up everything or whatever. (exagerating the number, obviously, but you get the idea)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus