Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

She takes one more deep breath and goes back inside to grab her chain and sickle that's she conceals even in her revealing outfit. She also grabs her dagger and slides it in her thigh pouch which is hidden under skirt/dress. She then turns into her human form to try to visit the town for basic needs and other items.

She begins her journey to the closest town which isn't too far. She knew they hated her demon form so she found a way to have a human form to blend in. People at first compared her to "The Lighthouse Demon" which in a sense she was but she convinced them that she wasnt the demon.

As she finally reached the town she was greeted by a few friendly faces.

"Where have you been? It feels like ages since you have been here? Are you eating well? You look skinny." An older woman with black hair striped with silver questions with great concern.

"Yes Granny Joe. I have been eating just fine. I have just been traveling is all. I have to make sure I see the world before I can no longer see it, you know?" She smiles as she hears someone else behind her.

"Well well well if it isn't my future wife in the flesh!" A young man with brown hair states with confidence as he walks with a pep in his step.

"When will you learn that I'm just too complicated to date. Besides you wouldnt want me as a wife." She shrugs with a fake smile plastered on her face. No one could tell it wasnt real. After all her human form was all an act.

"I wont give up until you say yes!" He yells as she walks down the street being greeted by many. She gets some food and other necessities from local stands. She even checks out the weaponry stand.

"Anything catchin' yer eyes m'lady? I herv only tee nicest erv tings!" An older man with an eye patch said in a deep voice.

"I'm just looking for something to protect myself from demons and powerful creatures. Do you ha--"

"HAHAHAHA YOU?! PROTECT!! BWAHAHAHA! YOU COULDNT PROTECT YOURSELF FROM A BUTTERFLY!!" He continued to laugh louder and she glared at him.

"Well I'll take my business else where." In mist of his hefty laughter and on his eye patch side she steals a weird fire arm gun that has a holster and places it on her other leg. "What a scumbag.." she mumbles to herself.

"WOMEN NEED A MAN TO PROTECT THEM! HAHAHAHA! LEARN YOUR PLACE WOMAN!" he yells and she turns and glares at him. Her anger was rising.

"What did you say?" She said with teeth gritted together trying to keep calm. Her knuckles turning white from making a fist so tight.

"Do us all a favur sweet hart an get back ter tee kitchen! Tats all women er good fer!" He was more serious now which made her blood boil. Her eyes flickered black. "You need to learn YOUR PLACE!" She pulls out her chain and sickle and throws it at the man slicing open his stomach. It bleeds profusely."Dont you EVER treat women like they are nothing more than maids! You dirty piece of--"

"J-Jules? W-What are you?" The young man who thought he loved her asks timidly.

She turns with eyes darker than tar and fangs sticking out. Her expression softens as a tear falls full knowing she cant smooth talk herself out of this one. "Jeremy... I can explain!" She stepped closer.

He moved back in fear which only caused her to turn more demonic more so out of fear. Her horns came through. "You really are The Lighthouse Demon! I cant believe I ever loved you!" He turned and ran away as a mob of angry citizens came after her.

Tears forming in her eyes. Her wings popped out and she took to the skies. She could hear the yells of disgust from people who cared about her so much. She flew over a forest.

She calmed down. She sat in a tree in the forest wiping her tears away. She could hear a commotion and immediately was on guard. She placed a hand on her chain and sickle. She had a flashback to the hallucination from this morning. She stayed in the tree and listened from afar enough distance not to be detected but close enough to hear and see a little. She was good at being stealthy and quiet.
Drake's eyes widen. His features briefly twist with rage. Rage at her for tricking him and bruising his pride, but also frustration with himself for playing into her mind game.

He wonders how long she knew and didn't tell. Or perhaps she's just recently guessed. He didn't notice that the shard hadn't shifted with the rest of his possessions, so he can't be sure. He can't be sure of anything he sees nor can he trust a word that comes out past her curled lips.

So, keep fighting. Lose. Probably die. The idea of losing isn't a what-if scenario anymore. In between the blossoming aches from getting kicked around and his rash decision to shift has left him feeling drained...almost dizzy.

She, on the other hand, looks perfectly fine.

Option two: run. Get caught. And...you know the drill. Again, he's tired. She looks fine. She can and will catch him.

There's a third option; give her what she wants. Yet he has the sneaking suspicion that she's lying to him. He doesn't want to prove himself a coward and then die for all his trouble.

With an exasperated sigh, he starts thinking out loud. He draws out his words like he's trying to stall her. "I don't really like either of those options. Yes, 'they' told me not to, and uh...it's not that I'm listening to them. It's just that -eh, you don't care, do you?" He chuckles, makes a show of sheathing his sword, and continues. "I don't feel like dying today, but there is a reason I'm supposed to keep this from you, isn't there?" She gestures to his shard.

"Tell you what: we talk about this over drinks. I know a really nice bar just off Market Street over in town. You can tell me why you want to want to gather all these old bits of pottery, and then I'll tell you if I think stopping you is actually worth my life. How's that?"

He crosses his arms and offers a noticeably forced, smile. He can't even decide whether or not he should even be hopeful at this point.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

She tilts her head and thinks for a moment, blinking a couple of--- wait, did her eyes just cha-- no, must just be a trick of the light. She tilts her head the other way before saying, "Interesting. Risky, giving you obvious home ground, but then if you do betray me you'd have civilian deaths on your hands for bringing me there, possibly even people you know. I get the feeling you might not be comfortable with that sacrifice, so I'll say yes."

She beckons with a hand and the Shriker slides silently toward her over the ground, its smooth white front butting against her palm like the head of some strange composite-material-shelled animal.

"I'm not promising you'll like what I say.... but lead on," she adds ominously, sitting down side-saddle on the Shriker, and directing it to follow Drake.
Yeah, Adriannu isn't very impressed with the Magistrate, though to be fair, her reasons are quite logical.

Also I made a really rough doll of what Adrainnu looks like if you want to see it here.

Did the best I could with the options available, so she doesn't have her cat like limbs on this.

Finally, I'm actually taking a little inspiration from Shippo from Inuyasha for my wild child here.
Adriannu (played by Katia)

As Adriannu moved to start digging a hole for the gold coins, she noticed that she had a light night visitor in the form of a small, black cat. "Hey there little cat, what are you doing out here? It's pretty dangerous to be out here by yourself, there are a lot of dangerous predators around here that wouldn't mind making a meal out of you. If I were you, I'd head for the marketplace south of here. There are always lot of mice there so the shopkeepers are nice to the cats so they'll eat the mice who might eat their grain otherwise. They'll certainly like you a lot more than they like me at any rate."

With that, she returned to her digging and once the hole was deep enough, Adriannu set the bag of gold coins inside it before starting to cover it up again. Afterwards the child scattered some rocks over the area both to help her remember where it was and help it better blend into the cave floor. Heading back inside the cave to her makeshift bed, she first picked up and shook her blanket to dislodge any bugs that might have crawled into it before folding it. Next she did the same to the second blanket that served as her bed. Lastly she picked up the sack she had filled with soft plants for use as a pillow along with the other strapped sack she kept most of her belongings in before heading back outside.

Back at the cave mouth, the cat child dumped the sack as the plants within had dried out and were starting to break apart. So it was time to fill it up again as she looked for food. It was starting to get light out, but even if it wasn't, she would have been fine as the pupils of her feline eyes had dilated to let in as much light as possible. As it got brighter, they'd shrink down once again. Once enough time had passed, she'd make her way to the marketplace to steal what she could. It was easiest during the busiest part of the day as there were more things to distract the shopkeepers. Her parents wouldn't be happy that she had been reduced to a common thief, but they'd understand since it was better to steal then starve when hunting and foraging went bad.
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Dawwww, she cute! 10/10 would give feathery hugs.

And yeah, her reasons make sense from her standpoint. She's going to be very fun to have around. <3
What are they doing? She began to climb down the tree quietly. Considering what just happened at the other town she changed into her human form. This form still makes her ears look like elf ears however it's not that big of a deal most the time.

If that guy gets on her bad side or... she just on a whim desides to hurt innocent people in town... I have to go help if something happens!With that thought consumer her mind, she followed them into town quietly. After some time looking around at the shops to seem as pedestrian as possible she notices them head into the bar.

She knew her going in there acting suspicious would cause the alien fox lady to be suspicious of her. She thought about her day and sighed. "Forget this.. I need a drink." She walked in and sat up by the bar with a glum face. "Give me 'The Zombie' with even more rum than it already has." The bartender gave her a look that was a mix of confusion and shock. "Yes I can handle it if that's what you're thinking." He shrugs and gives her 'The Zombie'. She drinks it and tries to get the day out of her mind.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

A tail, interesting. Skilled, but not professional and not using any sort of active camouflage. Between her spells, her sharp senses, and her Shriker's sensors, she'd been able to keep track of the presence following her, and saw as she came into the bar.

The woman made herself noted, too. Just a little unusual, but enough to make her, while possibly suspicious to some others, less suspicious to most people concerned about a tail.

Interesting. And problematic. Eavesdropping would make Victi's attempted meeting more complicated, especially since she wanted to control the flow of certain information...
I feel like I'm going to have trouble keeping up with the post rate on this suddenly :/
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Raven relaxes while a loud purr rumbles in her chest. Even though it's a little accidentally condescending, the girl's gentle concern warms her heart. She raises her tail and approaches the girl with a friendly little chirp.

She isn't outright looking for attention, so she do anything silly like roll over or paw at the girl's busy hands. Although a treat or a few pets would be nice, she's more interested in learning what this strange little girl is up to. And what this strange little girl is, while they're at it. Her large yellow eyes and furry, feline ears call to mind a younger version of Lisa, but the ears are misplaced, resting on top of her head, and dark fur creeps up her arms and stops in a way she doesn't think the fur of an unscarred chimera would do. The child's appearance is familiar and unusual at the same time. Her race, although maybe common somewhere else, is a mystery to the cat.

Raven forgets that first mystery when the girl lifts a very familiar sack of gold and sets it in the hole. Her eyes turn into wide black saucers and her jaw drops as she gasps.

She fights the impulse to blurt the question out loud: Hey, where'd you get that gold? Slapping her mouth shut, she watches the girl bury it in stunned silence. There's no way she has a piece of the vase. Absolutely no way. Can be possible. She is too close to her and Lisa.

Okay but what if there is?

When Adriannu finishes, Raven's mostly recovered from the start and begins following Adriannu around the cave like any normal cat would follow someone to beg for food or affection. A change has come over the way she acts. She earlier looked mildly intrigued. Now she seems excited, eager to find out this child's deal. Does she have one? Where is it? Wait, if she's set a disc around here somewhere- In a minute, Raven starts wandering the cave, looking for a messenger disc identical to the one she and Liz had recieved.
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
I feel like I'm going to have trouble keeping up with the post rate on this suddenly :/

Would you like us to slow down? Can't speak for everyone else, but I can slow down. I probably should, anyway, before I start using this roleplay as an excuse to procrastinate.

Avi can slow down. Not a problem. ^v^
It doesnt feel right to ask you guys to slow down really. Being that Vee is off on their own currently it's also not such a big deal. Later on it might cause a problem though, sorry I was pretty sure I read one post per day which is a rate I can keep up with. Sometimes more but my work schedule keeps me very busy most days.

Did we set a post rate? I have no idea.... Hold on, lemme check. '^v^

Okay doesn't look like we did. That's a thing to think about for future RPs, though. hmm... Anyway, I should finish responding to this before going down an endless train of Avi-thoughts.

But anyway, no, asking us to slow down is fine. Dazz and I are the only two who are really going to crazy on responding, and even then it's mostly me, so I can slow down no problem. Probably good for me to not compulsively check and respond, anyway.
I have the same problem when I have free time XD

My mistake about the post rate, I must have been thinking about another prompt I looked at around the same time.

Anyway like I said I dont think it's a huge deal until Vee is involved with another character somehow anyway, unless there are plans formulating that is :P

Nothing immediately, but feel free to ping at least Dazz and myself to do any kind of scheming and future planning you want.

Also, slightly unrelated but probably worth mentioning in general, part of Dazz's job as co-GM is being the one to plan things with if you really want to mess with Victi. :3 She knows Victi well enough to hopefully have a pretty good idea of how she'll react and what she can and can't do, so... yeah! If you ever feel the need to do that (probably a later thing, but you never know), you know who to talk to. ^v^
Avitrathephoenix wrote:
....part of Dazz's job as co-GM is being the one to plan things with if you really want to mess with Victi. :3 She knows Victi well enough to hopefully have a pretty good idea of how she'll react and what she can and can't do....

Did you just give us permission to scheme behind your back? XD

Hehe

Not just permission, but encouragement. :3

I like having to think of solutions on the fly! Gods, in another RP (where she's one of the protagonists), Victi ended up in a situation that she escaped by setting herself and the room she was in on fire! Crazy ideas are always fun (especially with her), and I like being forced to come up with them! It's also kinda one of her main strong points. ^v^
I loved setting that one up. :3

DazzlingDragon wrote:
I loved setting that one up. :3

It was a good one, you psychopath. ~v^

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus