Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Adriannu (played by Katia)

Adriannu smiled at Raven's friendly demeanor and promptly offered the black cat some gentle pets for a few minutes before getting back to work. Said work was naturally getting her sack of gold hidden until she could figure out how to make use of it. Something decidedly easier said than done, but there had to be a way, she just had to figure it out. Focusing on the task at hand, the child didn't notice the cat's expression of shock upon seeing the gold and thus still have no idea that Raven was more than what she seemed.

Once the gold was safely buried, she headed back into the cave and started tending to her bedding, shaking it out and folding it. In front of the bed would lie a messenger disc just like the one Lisa had, though any attempts to take it would be noticed by Adriannu. However any efforts to locate the child's share would be in vain for it was hidden in a makeshift sheath kept on a chain around the child's neck. Now with the bedding dealt with, the cat like girl picked up the disc and tucked it away into the bag she'd put on her back.

Afterwards, she walked back out of the cave and walked for a little while before starting to climb a nearby tree. Just like a cat, Adriannu made use of the claws on her hands and feet to give her an excellent grip as she climbed. Upon reaching a suitable branch high enough on the tree, she moved onto it and started to look all around her. When looking for food or other useful forage, she liked to start by looking around from a vantage point which was generally up in a tree. From there, the child soon spotted a pheasant on the ground. Pheasants were not an easy prey species to catch, but incredibly rewarding when successful.

With that, she carefully climbed back onto the tree's trunk before making her way back to the ground, taking care to climb in the bird's blind spot. Once back on the ground, Adriannu took one of her dagger out and held it between her teeth before stalking towards the pheasant on all fours in a decidedly cat like manner.
Excuse me,but I would like to join the rp...
dantefrancis wrote:

Why, hello there!

You may join the RP; Avi and I are here to answer any questions and help you get set up to roll in the IC chat. :)
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

dantefrancis wrote:

Fantastic! ^v^ Like Dazz said, ask as many questions as you need to, and we'll be more than happy to get you rolling. If you'd like to PM us, just make sure to have us both on the same message thingy. Makes things easier.
Just uh...btw....

I may need to act out more than three characters for a post or two during Vee's time at the village. You know the Vynym who live there and such seeing as 1) I'm the only one there, and 2) they are my own original race.

I hope that's okay, certainly they wont all be coming with Vee but I felt the need to mention that.
Ok,but it might take me a while to get started

Yeah, NPC type characters (run by a player but sshhh) are fine. I'm not going to assume to know enough about the player-character's species's cultures to run them. Just no more than three heavily plot-centric characters, I guess? The rule is basically just so we hopefully don't get someone running a group of thirty people off of one player all doing relevant things and filling up everything or whatever. (exagerating the number, obviously, but you get the idea)

dantefrancis wrote:
Ok,but it might take me a while to get started

That's fine. We've got plenty of time. ^v^
No no nothing like that. Just the village they live in will have more than 3 for sure. It will be short lived and none of them will be major and its doubtful many of them will make any comeback.

Also I appreciate the respect of you recognizing my original race as mine and leaving me to run their species here :)

(giggles) Like I've told you, each character needs to fit int the world for this to work, and each species they belong to living like the player expects is a huge part of that, letting the character's experiences and personality evolve to the way the player defined them! The respect thing is super important too, so lots of reasons for it! ^v^

But yeah, that kind of thing is totally fine. Even if you do end up dropping by there again, it's not a problem. Our rules are basically just to make sure people use common sense and give some guidelines. ~v^ I more than trust you to be good.
And I don't know don't know how to being,since your so far into the story...

dantefrancis wrote:
And I don't know don't know how to being,since your far into the story...

This is why you message Dazz and I, or ask questions about thing here. Give us some info on who you'd like to play and things like that, and we can help you out! <3
Avitrathephoenix wrote:
dantefrancis wrote:
And I don't know don't know how to being,since your far into the story...

This is why you message Dazz and I, or ask questions about thing here. Give us some info on who you'd like to play and things like that, and we can help you out! <3
OK

dantefrancis wrote:

And we aren't really that far in. Mostly people are still just trying to figure out what to do now that they know about the shards. ~v^ The only huge progress so far is a thing Dazz and I had planned to start off with anyway. ^v^
Avitrathephoenix wrote:
dantefrancis wrote:

And we aren't really that far in. Mostly people are still just trying to figure out what to do now that they know about the shards. ~v^ The only huge progress so far is a thing Dazz and I had planned to start off with anyway. ^v^

Mhm! And if you'd like one of us can pretty easily sum up the recent events with you and let you where everyone is so you can start interacting more quickly.
"Uh...yeah. Let's go somewhere else." Drake clears his throat awkwardly and takes a long draw from his mug. In the back of his mind, he's chuckling at Victi's (un)fortunate wording of her request, but realizing that she can totally immobilize him should she want to do so subdues his licentious sense of humor.

Which really only prevents him from cracking a joke out loud.

If people weren't really staring before, they're definitely staring at them now. With horror, shock, and awe stretching their faces, no less. It's imperative that they get away from the public's prying eyes, but not that they skip town or even leave the building. The chimera sets a few gold coins on the counter and asks the barkeep if they have any private rooms. Nobody else hears his request, but the keep looks a bit like a drowning fish as he tries to wrap his head around the idea that he and this monstrous fox-creature are in need of privacy. The man fumbles to get a key from behind the counter, nearly throws it at Drake's waiting hand, forces a smile and says. "H-have a good time."

Drake returns his smile, then turns to Victi. "I've got a room, sweetheart."
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Catching sight of that small, round disc seals it. Raven continues to follow her, watching in silence as Adriannu goes about what she assumes is her daily morning routine. The undying desire to say something starts leaking into her posture. Her small mouth opens and snaps shut every now and then like she'd almost come up with something to say. She fidgets with impatience. Tail twitching violently, she's almost hopping from paw to paw.

She follows the girl up to the trunk of the tree and sits at its base to let the cat-child hunt. From there, she watches her spot and then stalk a pheasant. The girl moves in such a feline way that Raven would almost believe she's with one of her own. I like her already.
Vee (played by Alien_Princess)

"You magic?" Kae asked in fascination.

"No," Vee responded, and in answer to Kae's question, Vee turned their head and watched as their vae flew down in front of Kae, still sitting there staring as the small creature flew in front of them, "shard magic."

Kae's face lit up like a child, they quickly stammered to their feet, their two downed vae buzzing off the excess water and flying back into their pods as they did.

"I want try!" Kae exclaimed heading for Vee's vae, this time clearly in the Hope's of permission rather than an attempt to simply take it. The vae quickly retreated back toward Vee.

"No, cost is high. Use blood for magic," they said, opening their hand and showing their wound, the golden brown sap colored blood still pulsing out of their hand. While it looked quite a bit like sap, it was quite a bit thinner.

Kae's expression changed, and with it their desire to play with the magic shard. Who made a magic trinket that one must wound themselves to use? It sounded insane, but neither Kae nor Vee had ever seen magic for themselves. Perhaps blood was the only way it happened?

Without another word Vee turned around and walked the couple of steps back to the downed pouch of gold, some of its contents spilled out onto the ground. They bent down onto their knees and opened their palm to see their injury again, considering the best way to pick up the mess.

Before they could launch their vae, however, Kae joined them, bent over in front of them reaching to help pick up the gold pieces and return them into the pouch.

"What to do with it? Take to Village?" Kae asked. Vee shook their head.

"No, message said is dangerous....have to return to owner," Vee responded. Kae paused and looked up to Vee.

"Who is?"

"I not know. Someone in barelands I think," Vee paused a long moment, pressing their palms together tightly to help the wound heal. "I need leave forest and return shard."

Kae stopped completely, looking at Vee like they were crazy. "Leave forest? Crazy! Why leave?"

"Someone look for shard. Strong person with magic. If they find in village...." Vee paused and looked at Kae helplessly. It was a crazy thought, but even at the cost of their own lives, it would be worth it if only to safeguard their home and those who lived there. After a long pause, Vee stood up and looked down at Kae still holding their palms together. "Keep gold, I go," and with that, Vee turned around and began walking away, their shard wielding vae giving Kae a final look as they flew after Vee.

"What now?" Kae said in shock, standing and walking after Vee and abandoning the gold on the ground.

"Have to."

"Cannot now!"

"No choice. Village in danger."

Kae caught up to Vee and grabbed their shoulder turning them around to face them. "What of discovery? Ruins?" Kae asked in a concerning manner.

"Tell them, you find," Vee responded and turned to walk on once more. Frustrated, Kae grabbed Vee's shoulder again and more pointedly turned them back to face them.

"Parent pregnant! Cannot disappear, no words," Kae said, brandishing their frustration in the tone of their voice. Vee stared back hard, a sadness appearing in their expression. It was a thought they hadn't considered, leaving without saying goodbye. What if none of them ever saw Vee again? Or worse...what if Vee never saw any of them again?

Vee shook their head, and uttered out a small noise of uncertainty, looking at the younger Kae surprisingly for answers.

Kae glanced back at the items still on the ground before looking to Vee again, reaching out and taking them by the waist and pulling them closer, midsections touching and faces closer than any non Vynym would likely deem appropriate. Vee's hands separated and welcomed the approach, holding Kae around the waist in return, blood covered palms and all.

"We take things to village, tell of discovery. Spend one day, then decide," Kae said sensitively. The words felt warm to Vee, and made sense. Who knows what anyone would think if they just disappeared, and what would Kae tell them about Vee afterwards? It was an unfair position to out them in as well. Vee nodded a bit hesitantly, and Kae released them, turning around and picking up the last few gold coins and placing them in the bag, then retrieving the holodisc as well. All 5 of Kae's vae buzzed out of their pods and flew up before them. Kae held out both the pouch of gold and the holodisc and the vae formed symmetrically around them, 2 vae hoisting the gold pouch mid air, and 3 surrounding the holodisc.

Kae released them and walked back to Vee, who instinctively extended an arm out toward Kae. Kae reached their arm up in response, and each of them pulled the other into a hip bump, where they held each other closely. Kae took Vee's opposite hand and pushed pressure onto it for them without asking, and Vee willingly allowed it.

"I can carry gold so vae will speak?" Vee suggested questiongly. The offer was to free one or two of Kae's vae, so as the pair walked, Kae and Vee's vae could communicate physically, and thus allow them to have at least two conversations going.

"Is okay. We make better words today," Kae said with a smile, and the pair began walking back towards the village, still snuggled up next to each other as they walked, various vae behind them carrying the three objects discovered in the ruins.
It might be beneficial to post progress updates in the OP if you're going to do that daz....it would make it easier for other new joining players to catch up easily.

Just a thought really, seeing as several of us, if not all of us, are basically writing small novels for posts lol

Edit: actually I think avitra is the OP

I could do this, yesh... Not right now, tonight's another kinda busy night, but I could definitely do that. Or make a doc for things to link to, at least.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus