Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Someone's already done some of the reading they need to do. :3

If you're interested in joining, and have already read the intro posts both here and in the IC thread, I'd appareciate it if you would send me a PM so that I can answer any questions you may have, and to review whichever character you're planning on using. ^v^

Once that's done, you'll be good to go.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

((Please keep personal meta discussion in the OOC thread.))

Welcome back, Roxy!
The Archer (played by MangoNekros)

((REDACTED, Double Post))

To the Archer, where are you? Who are you close to who might notice you? Making that clear will help everyone else know who's likely to be able to interact with you.
(Psst, Roxy! My character Lisa is totally alone in the woods if you want to set up some IC interaction. :3)
Waiting for your post dazzling xD. Just a friendly reminder. <3
Actually, I think I made a Raven post last night. She’s buried a little by now but I can dig it up for you.

Yeah; it’s about halfway down page 10.
Thanks, I must have missed it.

Raven, you magnificent little.... X>
100% I'm the slowest poster here haha

More than fine still. Worst case, you make everyone else be more reasonably paced once you start meeting other players. :3
Vee and Kae are now walking through open marshlands aimlessly, and any characters that are also out could potentially run into them. Anyone inside a town or bar or lighthouse however likely wouldn't I would say unless they left and walked off. That being said I'm welcoming any character interactions anyone has a desire for. Yuna and company could be a good meet seeing as they're basically doing the same thing right now.

One other thing, and I don't believe this was brought up publicly. The rainforest these innocent little Vynym come from is something of a legend in the world. Its percieved as a place of deep magics and powerful beings, somewhere only the brave venture deep into. Certainly a lot probably believe there is some kind of treasure in there also. Just a little world lore I thought was worth mentioning that I had gone over with Avritra and Daz prior to joining.

In addition anyone who reaches the Vynym village or the place Vee's shard were found should please inform me so I can post reactions to local Vynym creatures living I the area. (Pretty unlikely this will happen I would say but it was worth mentioning in case) also I'd say avitra and daz probably will want to know this information too.

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Vee and Kae are now walking through open marshlands aimlessly, and any characters that are also out could potentially run into them. Anyone inside a town or bar or lighthouse however likely wouldn't I would say unless they left and walked off. That being said I'm welcoming any character interactions anyone has a desire for. Yuna and company could be a good meet seeing as they're basically doing the same thing right now.

One other thing, and I don't believe this was brought up publicly. The rainforest these innocent little Vynym come from is something of a legend in the world. Its percieved as a place of deep magics and powerful beings, somewhere only the brave venture deep into. Certainly a lot probably believe there is some kind of treasure in there also. Just a little world lore I thought was worth mentioning that I had gone over with Avritra and Daz prior to joining.

In addition anyone who reaches the Vynym village or the place Vee's shard were found should please inform me so I can post reactions to local Vynym creatures living I the area. (Pretty unlikely this will happen I would say but it was worth mentioning in case) also I'd say avitra and daz probably will want to know this information too.

Can confirm that we discussed this.
Here's a good question....

Do the shards output a magic source of their own? Like if a being who could detect the presence of magic, could they because of that detect a nearby shard be it in someone's person or otherwise?

Good question! Given that we have at least two people who have ways of sensing magic (all of Victi's senses have a magical equivalent, and Neo's arm detects magic, if anyone else has tricks, let me know) this will become very relevant.

While not being used, the sense of magic from the shard would be faint. If someone were carrying multiple magical objects, you'd have to be explicitly looking for the shard to sense it over the "noise" of the other things. This is pretty typical for blood magic artifacts, since they just need to carry enough energy to "kick-start" the "reaction" with the energy in the blood. Kinda like how the started engine in a car or whatever doesn't need to put out enough power to drive the car, just enough to get the real engine going. The shard provides that spark, the blood is the fuel. ^v^
Can physical items and such block the feeling of magic in a dormant shard? Like if I put a shard behind a wall will that change anything as far as detecting it or is it just other magical items that distract from the effect. If so to what extent? Would it take a brick wall or is s small pile of leaves enough?

Also would a naturally magical being camouflage the shard in the feeling of their own magic?

As an analogy for noticing the shards among magic items , imagine trying to listen for a quiet banjo among electric guitars. Not, like, concert-loud ones, but you get the point. The sound is different, but not as different as, like, a flute, and it's not as loud as the sounds around it.

(Not an answer to your most recent question, just another thought I had)
I understood the idea in the first explanation I am asking more specific questions on the subject now. Those questions still stand....

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Can physical items and such block the feeling of magic in a dormant shard? Like if I put a shard behind a wall will that change anything as far as detecting it or is it just other magical items that distract from the effect. If so to what extent? Would it take a brick wall or is s small pile of leaves enough?

Also would a naturally magical being camouflage the shard in the feeling of their own magic?

Depends on the way it's being sensed. A magical sight would actually see it better through an brick wall than a pile of fresh leaves, and could be blocked fairly easily prettyatively recently living organic matter. Any mechanism that senses using an arm is likely resonance based, and would basically not worry about blockage too much.

A magically active creature would also produce more than enough magical "noise" to obscure it, and a normal living creature would be "opaque" enough to block it. If you're just worried about blocking Victi's "normal" magical senses, a leather pouch or the Vynym's own leafiness would be enough to hide it (maybe a faint "glow" through that last, but not too much, blood blends with life pretty well). Just don't let her sniff around too much. If you want to hide it from Neo's arm, get magic items, I suspect. If you want to hide it from Victi's spells, you'll need active magical countermeasures.

And sorry, I had still been typing up my previous thing when you posted your new questions. '^v^ It was an add-on reply to the first thing, not to this set. I edited on a little addendum to it to say that, but you may not have seen it.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus